Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yeah, the RP92 is hard to beat. I like the Double Maduro lancero an awful lot, too, though.
  • OkemahOkemah Posts: 13
    kaspera79:
    Okemah:
    madurofan:
    Welcome aboard Brad ... from the Lou. I got few friends out that way, nice town. You and I will get along you just listed off some of my regulars right there and I'm a huge RP fan as well, you had the Summer Collection yet?
    No I haven't. Only Edge, Decade, Fusion DM and Signature 500. I've loved them all. Is the Summer Collection available on CCOM?
    Okemah, My favorite from Patel is the Vintage 1992. ( 1990 and 1999 are fine examples as well ) I like the Edge alot, as well as the Fusion. and sun grown..
    I've been hearing/read a lot about the vintage lines and also the sun grown. Those will be my next RP purchases.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Welcome, Brad.. ever spend any time at McGuirk's?
    dutyje:
    Welcome, Brad.. ever spend any time at McGuirk's?
    Which one? I live less that 5 minutes from the one in O'Fallon and i'd say it's almost like my second home.
    I didn't even know there was more than one.. I've never been to McGuirk's, but I've got a friend in St. Louis who owns some planes and rents out hangar space there. In fact, if you saw the news story about some guys hauling away an old caboose, that was the guy. He bought the caboose to restore it and turn it into a cabin on his brother's farm. This guy spends a lot of time at McGuirk's, but I couldn't tell you which one.
    12th and Russell, downtown
    I go there every now and again. It's a bit of a drive from where i live, 45 minutes maybe. It's beer garden is second to none.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    thank you all
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I've been on for a few weeks now, but i just saw this thread and thought I should properly introduce myself. My name is Luko, and I live on the second floor. I've smoked cigars here and there over the years, but nothing serious. I bought my old man a box of Ashtons as a gift and ended up smoking most of them for him and that is probably what hooked me. In June wifey got me a humi for my bday and the COTMC and I've slowly started stockpiling. The biggest hangup for me is I can't seem to find one hour+ to sit uninterrupted and truly enjoy a cigar. Last night I had to subject my daughter to the Fonseca I had while we sat outside and played a game. I was reading through these newbie posts and I feel like the old man at age 33. Is there another forum where us ancient folk should hang out and mind our own business? /get off my lawn
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    First the proper greeting to you, " Hey Luko " I know what you mean about find the time for yourself. I always feel like I should be doing something else and I just can't sit still. I know for a fact you are not the old man in this forum, and so what if you were. Hang out right here, damn it, and we can talk about the good old days, when gas was under 2 dollars, Ronald Reagan was in the White House, and they still had record albums not these compact discs. Whipper Snappers!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Ronald Reagan was in the White House...
    If you're gonna go that far back... can I chime in about the Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers I was watching at the time? Its around the same time Ronnie was sleep walking his way across the presidency. :)

Luko, Dias: welcome. Thanks guys for reviving my thread.... more posts, MOAR POSTS!!!!!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Um, I can remember filling up at 99 cents a gallon. To be fair, that was when I was in high school. Speaking of Mr. Rogers, he's another great product of Pittsburgh, just like the Steelers, the Penguins, Dennis Miller. Michael Keaton, Johnny U, Joe Willie, Jim Kelly, Joe Montana...I could go on and on. Thanks for the welcome. /pours himself a glass of warm milk before retiring for the evening.
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Ronald Reagan was in the White House...
    If you're gonna go that far back... can I chime in about the Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers I was watching at the time? Its around the same time Ronnie was sleep walking his way across the presidency. :)

Luko, Dias: welcome. Thanks guys for reviving my thread.... more posts, MOAR POSTS!!!!!
    Yeah Joe, I see the member count rise to 1500 but only a few members actually come in on a regular basis. I think if you get in once you will come back so Just do it !! Keep this thread open and people will be more likely to join us.
    aah 87 cent a gallon =) those where the days!
    Yeah kas, it seems people are a little intimidated sometimes by all the conversation on a forum and don't want to dive right into uncharted waters. I've been there myself, but then I figure what harm is there?, I can always leave.
    j0z3r:
    Yeah kas, it seems people are a little intimidated sometimes by all the conversation on a forum and don't want to dive right into uncharted waters. I've been there myself, but then I figure what harm is there?, I can always leave.
    Exactly, I can't remember what my first post was, but I am glad I found this site, i've gained a ton of information here.
    DiasFlak:
    aah 87 cent a gallon =) those where the days!
    I think 87 cents a gallon is exactly the lowest price I ever paid for gas. I was 25 at the time. This was 1999.
    i hate gas now but what can you do aye?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    drill for more
    kuzi16:
    DiasFlak:
    drill for more
    Kuzi for president !! The best answer I have heard all day.
    DiasFlak:
    I ride a bike. Ride a bike, starve a terrorist.
    lol i would but my house is too far from my office
    DiasFlak:
    lol i would but my house is too far from my office
    Sounds like commie talk to me...to quote Queen " get on your bike and ride". You wouldn't happen to be a fat-bottom girl, would ya Dias?
    no but Louisville drivers are horrible and i would hate to be on a bike at 6am in that city
    Memphis isn't exactly the most bike-friendly city in the world, either. You have to just decide you're going to do it, then do it. I haven't driven in 2.5 months, and I don't miss it. Even in this god-awful heat. (Hey, it'll only be 98 degrees tomorrow. Break out the mittens!)
    I'd love to be able to ride a bike to work, unfortunately the weight of all my tools would add about 75-80 pounds and be pretty awkward to tote around... not to mention I won't be working close to home for much longer. Shoot, 98 degrees, mittens nothing, where's my parka?
    i love warm weather but you men are braver than i!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    DiasFlak:
    LMAO ... have you printed bumper stickers yet?

Get it bumper stickers? haha irony
    I just work from home. At least, I try to whenever I can. Usually about 3 days a week. My commute is the time it takes to move from the left side of the couch to the right side of the couch.
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    DiasFlak:
    LMAO ... have you printed bumper stickers yet?

Get it bumper stickers? haha irony
    lol nice maduro