Home Non Cigar Related
Options

BoTL and The GUN...Military thread

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Wow, there are alot of military here. I have actually heard that joke before, substitute a ranger for the sailor. Army here by the way.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Well welcome Alien! Always good to see more military on here. Are you active?
  • Options
    Yep, active Army, just hit 10 years back in July. I'm currently stationed in sunny Hawaii. In Iraq right now, but I should be home in a few weeks. Then we will be moving to Ft. Polk, Louisiana in July.
  • Options
    No kiddin! I'm Active Navy, 12 years. Scrambler is in Louisiana. Maybe you guys could herf!
  • Options
    Right on, where at in Louisiana? Ft. Polk is in the western side, about 3 hours from Houston and about an hour from Alexandria. I am actually looking forward to moving there, Nate Beavers has a shop in Houston, so I can get my leg finished up.
  • Options
    If memory serves he's out on New Orleans. Tattoo's huh? Thats the one of the very few things i can say thats good about living in CA, Tons of great artists. I have a guy in San Diego i go to, he was briefly mentioned in "Tattoo" the magazine a few years back, Jesse Mercado. Where abouts in the sand box are you? And how long does it take packages to get there? You got a humidor....how big is it.....(as he carefully inserts a detonator into a brick of c-4)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    If memory serves he's out on New Orleans. Tattoo's huh? Thats the one of the very few things i can say thats good about living in CA, Tons of great artists. I have a guy in San Diego i go to, he was briefly mentioned in "Tattoo" the magazine a few years back, Jesse Mercado. Where abouts in the sand box are you? And how long does it take packages to get there? You got a humidor....how big is it.....(as he carefully inserts a detonator into a brick of c-4)
    Hell yeah, there are a ton of really dope artists in Cali, Nikko Hurtado, Mike Devries, Mike DeMasi, Big Gus, Roman, pretty much everyone at New Skool Colectiv, and a ton more.
    I am in Taji, with about three weeks left here. Unfortunately they have turned our mail off already, but I made a small order and am having it sent to one of the guys in the unit replacing us.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    about a week Chief...sometimes faster
    they reorganized the mail logistics over there so its better now
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Hey alien, welcome to the board. So you are with the 25th huh? I was at Taji until last June. I was with 3/4 on the North side of Taji in stryker village. I got to come home early for PA school. Stay safe for the next few weeks and come home in one piece.

BTW, Scrambler is in New Orleans.
  • Options
    Yep, the 25th Dimension, lol. We have been here at Taji for quite a while. Did you ever get out to the Mud House for cigar night while you were here? We went down there a week or two ago, they had Oliva G's and Nubs. Not a bad little hang out, I kinda wish I had been going down there the whole time now.
  • Options
    No, I never made it down that way. The company commanders from my Bn along with the BC and staff and some others kind of did our own thing in Stryker village plus I was at FOB War Eagle for about 6 weeks. I heard good things about it though. I wish that I would have made it down that way.
  • Options
    I'm back on dry land all you tokers of the tobacco!!! MAN have i got a TON of reading to catch up on too. Like the improvements ccom has made, also like their new samplers. PROPS to Alien!! Nothing like stepping of the ship and onto a landmine full of Rocky Goodness. Dude your bomb was right on! Thanks a ton bro...hope you saved your flak jacket though... Good to be back guys!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome back Jetmech ...the boys have been raisin' a ruckus all over the place....you'll find out when you start readin'...glad your back safe and sound
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    good to see you back around here, holmes...thought you went the way of The Lasabar.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Glad to see you back, Jet... was starting to wonder... missed that burro
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Hey Jet. Glad you are home safe. I will have a package off to you on Monday morning sir. Don't pay any attention to the ticking, it's nothin' :)
  • Options
    Good to see you back man, I told you I'd be home before you, lol. Enjoy those sticks, let me know what you think of the orange label if you haven't tried it yet.
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    Bad Andy:
    one jarhead out numbers and out ranks about 10 soldiers...lol

There is nothing like partying with fellow jarheads.
    hahaha. My old unit is having a reunion soon, so if anyone is in Myrtle the weekend of June 19th and sees a burning beach house, it's us. LOL

Bravo Co. 1st Bn 6th Marines
    2nd MarDiv
    My togetherweserved.com profile
  • Options
    jlzimmerman:
    Bad Andy:
    one jarhead out numbers and out ranks about 10 soldiers...lol

There is nothing like partying with fellow jarheads.
    hahaha. My old unit is having a reunion soon, so if anyone is in Myrtle the weekend of June 19th and sees a burning beach house, it's us. LOL

Bravo Co. 1st Bn 6th Marines
    2nd MarDiv
    My togetherweserved.com profile
    I miss partying with jarheads.
  • Options
    You should try partying with sailors! Except we drink more and dont go to gay bars :)
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Jetmech_63:
    You should try partying with sailors! Except we drink more and dont go to gay bars :)

OOHhhhh, it's on now !!!! (pulls up a chair to watch the fur fly)
  • Options
    Chief, you were on ship too long. You have that backwards, y'all drink less and hangout in gay bars.
  • Options
    Really? Tell me again what the flap on the front of a Navy service dress blue trouser is for.....
  • Options
    You know why Marines have a nametape on the back of their pants, right?
    And you know why sailors use powdered soap in the community showers, right?

Sorry, couldn't resist.......
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Really? Tell me again what the flap on the front of a Navy service dress blue trouser is for.....
    for your Ensigns
  • Options
    Dude, i'm a Chief, you say anything bad about officers i'm generally going to agree :)
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

alienmisprint:
    Yep, active Army, just hit 10 years back in July. I'm currently stationed in sunny Hawaii. In Iraq right now, but I should be home in a few weeks. Then we will be moving to Ft. Polk, Louisiana in July.

My hometown, live in Dallas now, go home every few months and visit friends and family. When you get there let me know, need to meet up for a cigar and some seafood.

• Options
    dep691:

alienmisprint:

My hometown, live in Dallas now, go home every few months and visit friends and family. When you get there let me know, need to meet up for a cigar and some seafood.

Really? Are you from Leesville or DeRidder? We will definately hook up once I get there, my report date is July 10th.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    alienmisprint:
    dep691:

alienmisprint:

Really? Are you from Leesville or DeRidder? We will definately hook up once I get there, my report date is July 10th.

Leesville, looking forward to the Herf.

• Options
    dep691:

alienmisprint:

All I've got to say to both of you is I'm sorry. Although dep definitely got the better end of the deal being FROM Leesville. That place is a hole in the wall that I would never want to visit again. At least not on purpose.

Also, welcome back jet. Good to see you back in one piece even if you are a squid.