Home Non Cigar Related
Options

BoTL and The GUN...Military thread

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Also, welcome back jet. Good to see you back in one piece even if you are a squid.

geez....no love....:). Glad your still around Ron!
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    So how was the float?

I will be around a while. Unless I fail out of school, no deployments for me for 2-3 years. Woohoooo. That doesn't mean that I might not get busy once in a while but I will make sure that I check the boards at least every few day.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol. So my wife and I are going out to the theater this weekend. A friend of mine from Tacoma is coming down with his wife so we are all going out and I'd thought I wear my dress blues, man my pants barely fit. I think it's time I started running again....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rdnstn:
    So how was the float?

I will be around a while. Unless I fail out of school, no deployments for me for 2-3 years. Woohoooo. That doesn't mean that I might not get busy once in a while but I will make sure that I check the boards at least every few day.

Maybe in 2-3 years there won't be any war zone the US is involved in for you to deploy too Ron.....I just found these rose colored glasses in the bottom of my desk drawer ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    .....I just found these rose colored glasses in the bottom of my desk drawer ...

Dude Love was looking for those :)
  • Options
    gmill880:
    rdnstn:
    So how was the float?

Maybe in 2-3 years there won't be any war zone the US is involved in for you to deploy too Ron.....I just found these rose colored glasses in the bottom of my desk drawer ...
    Yeah, wishful thinking, but as the world police we will be involved somewhere that we shouldn't be.
  • Options
    Well, nobody has posted in this thread for a while and I've seen a few more military guys pop up on the boards so I figured I would revive it.

So how are all my BOTls that are also Brothers in Arms doin?
  • Options
    I'm aaaaight. I deploy the end of the month, originally it was mid month but got pushed back for reasons unknown. Otherwise been doing pretty good. Glad to see ya back ron!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I am actually in a hotel right now getting ready to fly out for Lousiana. We fly tonight at 7 pm, get into Alexandria, LA tomorrow around noon. Good-bye Hawaii!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! Ft. Polk is the a**hole of the Army. It's not even good enough to qualify for the armpit. With my luck I will probably end up going there next year but I certainly hope not. With any luck I will be going to HI or maybe back to CO.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Well, I never served, but I want to thank all you gentlemen for serving our country and protecting the freedoms that previous generations fought to secure and protect.

My father was in the Navy 14 years. I have a cousin who is a Recon Marine, a best friend in the AF, and another buddy who is Army Delta and is about to be redeployed to Iraq.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Here's a question... (and I'm sorry to slightly derail here)

Is there a way to look up what someone from the past did for the armed forces?

I.E. My father died while I was in kindergarten and my mom never talked about his days in the military but when he died (he never served or talked about it while he was alive) I remember soldiers and I still have the folded flag that someone handed to me when my dad died.

Now I feel it is time to find out my past and see what my dad did, and what branch he served and such, My mother used to tell me that he was in it before they got married so she had no information when I asked her years ago

Long story short, what is the best resource to get more info on him???
  • Options
    Lassy, the best place that I can think of to start would be to call the VA and explain your situation. Request a copy of his DD214 from them. All you should need is his SSN.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Lassy, the best place that I can think of to start would be to call the VA and explain your situation. Request a copy of his DD214 from them. All you should need is his SSN.
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to see if I can find his SSN, for I don't know it...

Are SSN printed on a Passport?
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Are SSN printed on a Passport?
    That, I'm not sure about. I know that they are on the application but don't know if they are on the passport itself.
  • Options
    bocardsbocards Posts: 32
    I got out a few back as an E-6. Getting too old for that infantry stuff :) Bo
  • Options
    bocardsbocards Posts: 32
    LMFAO !!!!!! At the jokes you guys got here :)
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I'm two years active duty Navy and two years reserves. Trying to go back to active duty. Whats the difference between an 2nd LT and a PFC?
  • Options
    KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    a PFC has been promoted...
  • Options
    Kamelyon:
    a PFC has been promoted...
    Twice
  • Options
    Thewelder:
    I'm two years active duty Navy and two years reserves. Trying to go back to active duty. Whats the difference between an 2nd LT and a PFC?
    Also about $1500-$2000 a month depending on time in service.
  • Options
    Active Duty, E-3, US ARMY Military Police, Currently deployed Eastern Afghanistan, Stationed At Bragg. and yes theres always more army out there than jarheads
  • Options
    Active Duty Navy Chief Petty Officer(12 years), Stationed out of NAS Lemoore CA with VFA-97, currently deployed on the USS Nimitz in the North Arabian Gulf.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Good to hear your alright Jet ...
  • Options
    Nice to see you Jet, I hope everything is going ok for you.

BTW, I am 19 years, active duty Army E-7 (currently officer candidate, lol).
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Active Army, 3 years in, in Afghanistan right now enjoying two smokes a day :-)
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Army as well. Got out a year ago as a Sgt, E-5. Spent a year in the sand box in '05 with 3rd ID, good times!
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    E-5 Navy. Got fuked on my contract did two years active duty on the USS Eisenhower. Now back doing the Navy Reserves in Omaha Nebraska. Oh yeah. 1500 miles away from an ocean. I'm not a big fan of it, though I get to put my paperwork in to go back to active duty. 2 more months till I get to do that.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Army as well. Got out a year ago as a Sgt, E-5. Spent a year in the sand box in '05 with 3rd ID, good times!
    Where were you at over there in '05 and what unit were you with? When I went in '05, one of the units we replaced was from 3ID.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Wow so much Army and Navy. We need to get some more Air Force guys on here.