Home Non Cigar Related

BoTL and The GUN...Military thread

1235»

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    rdnstn:
    TatuajeVI:
    Army as well. Got out a year ago as a Sgt, E-5. Spent a year in the sand box in '05 with 3rd ID, good times!
    Where were you at over there in '05 and what unit were you with? When I went in '05, one of the units we replaced was from 3ID.
    We stayed at FOB Honor for a few months and Freedom for the rest. We were under 3rd Brigade.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-4 US Army Military Police. Got out in 1996 and sometimes wish I had never left. And sometimes I am so glad I did. lol, actually would have stayed in if I was a different MOS. Multi-Purpose just wasn't my thing and they wouldn't let me switch my MOS.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Howdy guys!! MAN I've missed all of you!!! I'm in constant contact with Tony and he says you all have been doing really well which is great to hear! I wish you guys all the best. Thing out here have been ok. Found out ive been extended until April...joy. Only have 6 days off between now and February 15th....more joy :). On the way over we were in and out of some really fould squalls, driving rain and 60 knot winds, not much fun. Now on station in the North Arabian and flying combat missions over afghanistan. Lemme be the first to tell you this is turning into the forgotten war, it's stil verrrry much alive and kicking over here. We get calls for close air support about 10-15 times a day. Id give you guys some pictures / videos but i may just email em to tony and have him figure out how to put them on here, my connection sucks. On the flip side to stay sane i've been smoking ever chance i get. Smoked through the entire padilla line again(still love me some miami), MOW Ruinations, Antanos(i never get tired of these!), A few scattered Gurkhas, a little RP, lots of Carlos Torano and La gloria Cubana. And of course Brazillian labels and MX2's. I got blown up by dougie a few weeks ago! A ISOM Monte, a sweet Graycliff, Miami de' Padilla and an Uber huge CAO America...and i got Just the occasion for that too. Thanks doug that package came out of nowhere...but beware, you sending a carrier to general quarters for flinging bombs at it carries grave consequences! I'll check in from time to time as i can and see how things are going. Miss you guys and wish yall all the best.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Vinnie !!! Great to hear from you bro'.
    Glad the package actually found you. The ladies in the Post Office were all so excited (and clueless) about this package being sent to you on an aircraft carrier. Got to admit, it was a first for me as well. I was worried that it would not find you, but Tony told me a week or so ago that you had received it.
    Wow, not much time off for you there is there? What do you do when you are not on duty?
    I hope you do send some pictures or videos , so Tony can get them up for us to see. That would be KEWL.
    Great to hear from you Vinnie, stay safe out there brother.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Good to hear from ya Vinny ...wish you were already back man !!! Stay safe brother and keep on smokin !!!
  • Good to hear you are doing good Chief. Stay safe bro.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Glad to hear you doing fine out there Chief. Keep safe
  • Greetings all, I came in the army in October 2000 as an enlisted paralegal, made SSG and then went to OCS. I deployed to Afghan in 2005. Now I am a deployed 1LT with a line haul truck company running convoys from Kuwait into Iraq. Right behind the guys that do patrols, my guys and me have the second most dangerous job in Iraq.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I just wanted to put this out there...

I am in Afghanistan right now and I am linked up with a couple organizations that send care packages to troops. I am also pretty resourceful myself. So if there is anything anyone needs, cigar 'things', care packages, anything at all really, let me know. I will see what I can do to get it out here for you. Good luck to all of you, be safe, and smoke a cigar as often as possible!
    bump

I just wanted to let you all know I started a thread about a cigar for the troops, kinda like the forum blend. Check it out and let your opinions be heard!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Vinnie (Jetmech) wanted to let everyone know he is doing well, but he is going to be without internet access for a few weeks. He also finally got his hands on some Forum Blends, so we should be getting his thoughts on those sometime in the future, lol.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    great to hear he's doing well
  • ejenne87:

I am in Afghanistan right now and I am linked up with a couple organizations that send care packages to troops. I am also pretty resourceful myself. So if there is anything anyone needs, cigar 'things', care packages, anything at all really, let me know. I will see what I can do to get it out here for you. Good luck to all of you, be safe, and smoke a cigar as often as possible!
    Hey man im in RC EAST right now where you at?
    Archangel32G:
    ejenne87:

Hey man im in RC EAST right now where you at?
    you have a PM brother!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Just wanted to send extra special Thanksgiving wishes to all my fellow servicemembers out there, especially those that are away from there families and loved ones today.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Hey guys. Anyone heard from vinnie? I see his name pop up on "who's online" from time to time but he never posts. Just wanted to see how he was doin! Anyone know how I can get a little somethin somethin to him??