Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

2011 BORK Fantasy Football League

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Ken Light:
    Can I get on the alternates list? Vote = Cash, Team Name = Faildozer.
    Ken, you've been added to the alternate list...

The Sniper:
    Have we decided what the buy-in is yet Commish?

we have currently have 12 confirmed teams, waiting to hear from 4 and we have 2 alternates... so we will have at least a 14 team league at this point... no final decisions will be made until the league owners are finalized... we currently have 5 votes for cash, 2 for sticks and 1 no preference... we'll figure buy-in and draft date when we're full...

lilwing is back this year and Jdorias is out... he is replaced by RaschNuts, though he recently mentioned he was really busy with school, so I will follow up with him...

the following members have until friday to let me know their intentions:
    sirfoster83
    Jetmech_63
    Jsaint
    TatuajeVI

so if you know any of them, get on the horn
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    16 teams seems a little hefty to me. The draft pool will be very thin with this many teams. But, for $25, it's not that big a deal..... just my 2 cents.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    ditto... i'd prefer 14 so we'll see... but like you said, it's not much $ and we'll all be in the same boat...so what if I have to start Roger Craig at RB and Art Monk at WR right?
  • Options
    one more day and we'll open this up to everyone... I've PM'd all the owners from last year...
  • Options
    so Jsaint is out and skweekz is in... we're sitting on 13 teams... awaiting word form 3 guys and have one alternate... if we don't hear back from the 3 previous managers, I say we plug Ken Light in as manager #14 and close it off... 14 teams is solid, yes?
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    yes
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    yes
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Agreed.

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Yes. Get ready for some uber pwnage!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me. Since I'm in now, I have no preference as to buy-in being cash or sticks. I'm good either way.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Its all good
  • Options
    sounds good
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    I am good w/ 14.
  • Options
    OK... so I think we're set... here is my proposed league settings...Keep in mind that scoring and roster settings are all the basic settings and can be seen on the league website...

We're going with a $25 buy-in (majority vote)
    I suggest an 8 team playoff with the following prize breakdown: winning payouts were received in Ccom Gift Certificates, not cash... just a reminder
    Projected 14 team Pot = $350
    Each Division Champ - $50
    Next best record - $25 (this is the team with the best record who did not win their division) 3rd Place (winner of 3rd place Bowl) - $25
    2nd Place (Super Bowl Loser) - $75
    Champ (Super Bowl Winner) - $125

And here are the confirmed teams
    1. robbyras aka "The Nut Sackers"
    2. the Sniper
    3. Vulchor aka "Vulchor's Villans"
    4. t_evan50
    5. beatnic aka "Existentialists"
    6. The Kid - aka "Team Raptor"
    7. wwestern
    8. Ripp aka "Cigarface"
    9. Bombay
    10 surfingzeeko
    11. ilwing88 aka "Chicago Crackheads"
    12. RaschNuts
    13. skweekz
    14. KenLight

Let me know either here or via PM if you have any suggestions... I'm open to just about anything...

also be sure to accept the invitation to the league... It looks like Raschnuts and Rick Waldron have not accepted yet...
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but how many divisions will there be? Is ther n s e w or just afc/nfc
  • Options
    we have 2 seven teams divisions... Connecticut and Maduro to be exact... I don't think the number of divisions actually matters other than we are paying the division winners... we could pay out the top 2 records as opposed to division winners... whatever you guys think is fair
  • Options
    Im, down for whatever,, This is my first time so whatever you vets decide upon. The only thing I was thinking is that the super bowl contendees will get two payouts one for divison champ and then another for first and second in the SB,
  • Options
    Gotta pay the 2 division winners-----not their fault if their division sux. Wouldnt even mind seeing the winner get 125 instead of 150, and have the team with 3rd best record get 25 bucks as well.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Gotta pay the 2 division winners-----not their fault if their division sux. Wouldnt even mind seeing the winner get 125 instead of 150, and have the team with 3rd best record get 25 bucks as well.
    I like that idea...
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Im, down for whatever,, This is my first time so whatever you vets decide upon. The only thing I was thinking is that the super bowl contendees will get two payouts one for divison champ and then another for first and second in the SB,
    +1
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'd rather see worst record get their $$ back rather than 3rd best. Just my 2c.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Did that in a league once Ken, I hated the odea but the others though it would good----and sure enough, it was terrible....it makes people near the bottom complete to put a real loser out there each week-----which in turn against other teams can effect playoff seeding, final standings, ect.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    The Kid:
    +1
    honestly... I think the best teams SHOULD get as much of the winnings as possible... but there is no guarantee that the division winners will make it to the Championship game... know what I mean? There are 8 teams that make the playoffs...any of them could make it to and win the championship... so yes, it is possible that a team can win his division AND win the championship, but if the team is that good, then he deserves it... but it is by no means a guarantee that the division winners will get to the championship game...
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Did that in a league once Ken, I hated the odea but the others though it would good----and sure enough, it was terrible....it makes people near the bottom complete to put a real loser out there each week-----which in turn against other teams can effect playoff seeding, final standings, ect.
    agreed... no cash for sucking... that's against the law too, i think
  • Options
    robbyras:
    beatnic:
    The Kid:
    +1
    honestly... I think the best teams SHOULD get as much of the winnings as possible... but there is no guarantee that the division winners will make it to the Championship game... know what I mean? There are 8 teams that make the playoffs...any of them could make it to and win the championship... so yes, it is possible that a team can win his division AND win the championship, but if the team is that good, then he deserves it... but it is by no means a guarantee that the division winners will get to the championship game...
    OK sounds good, thanks for explaining that.. I'll get some funds out to you soon.
  • Options
    $25 not much for a season of fun. Whatever you choose, the winner should be the winner. 2nd, 3rd, mere consolation prizes
  • Options
    Let's get payment taken care of before we draft... so you can send me cash or a check in the mail or we can use paypal... when you're ready to pay, PM me and I'll give you whatever info you need...

we should look at drafting in the next few weeks... I'll throw out a few dates we'll go from there...
  • Options
    just a heads up that I will keep the league accounting listed on the first page of this thread... Ken Light is the first to pay
  • Options
    reminder... if you are using paypal, send it as a gift... thanks!
  • Options
    Making good progress on the payments... I have received payment or indication that check is on the way from 7 of our 14 members... thanks guys... PM me if you need an email for paypal or street address for check/cash....