Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

2011 BORK Fantasy Football League

Comments

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    skweekz:
    Ken Light:
    I read somewhere that you shouldn't consider bye week while drafting and just pick talent, almost regardless of position. The logic was that bye week is something that's not going to happen for weeks, and in a league as unpredictable as the NFL, trying to look that far out is a waste of time.

+1. Also with the autodraft, it had a thing you could go in and set up what position you wanted picked and when you wanted it....or best available is the default. You could also put a limit on how many of each position it'd draft for you. I went in and set it up just in case something would've happened that I couldn't draft.
    Agreed on all points except for the fact that with 16 guys in a league, let me tell you last night I was trying to draft guys that I had any inclination would be in the game if a backup's backup gets hurt.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Ken Light:
    robbyras:
    Ken Light:
    Fate is cruel!! I'm a huge Eagles fan and autodraft picked me Eli Manning, Mario Manningham, and Hackeem Nicks. LeSean McCoy too, though, so can't complain.

I could take one of those WR's off your hands... you know, just so you don't completely hate your team...
    I might be up for a trade, actually. It seems silly to play two WR's from the same team. Also bye week will be trouble. Make me an offer.
    offer sent... nothing major
  • Options
    Got your payment today lilwing!!! thanks bro!
  • Options
    we have our first trade... The Nut Sackers are sending WR Malcolm Floyd to Cold Beer for WR Mario Manningham....

the trade process is pretty standard... there is a 48 hour window for league members to review the trade, if you feel it is unfair or lopsided send out an email or post something here or on the league homepage... then it will be put to a vote...
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Trade all you want Im still gona win. Does Floyd still play for the chargers? If he does he sucks.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    Trade all you want Im still gona win. Does Floyd still play for the chargers? If he does he sucks.
    The chargers are going all the way this year!!!!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    gaberox:

Ha ha wont happen. Norv Turner in the Super bowl...Never!

With all due respect..Chargers suck!!!
  • Options
    gaberox:
    The Kid:
    gaberox:
    Ha ha wont happen. Norv Turner in the Super bowl...Never! With all due respect..Chargers suck!!!
    lol,,well we'll have to revisit this in a few months,,,They havent been "my" team, but the writings on the wall my friend. My teams are The 49ers, The Raiders and The Saints ( and yes before they made it to the superbowl. I got a thing in my heart for New Orleans. Safe to say the Niners and the Raiders are'nt going anywhere, The Saints will be contenders along with a few others like GB and Baltimore. Havent ever been a big Seahawks fan, even less now with Pete Carrol, I gotta say though, they did get robbed in the Superbowl.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    gaberox:
    The Kid:
    gaberox:

lol,,well we'll have to revisit this in a few months,,,They havent been "my" team, but the writings on the wall my friend. My teams are The 49ers, The Raiders and The Saints ( and yes before they made it to the superbowl. I got a thing in my heart for New Orleans. Safe to say the Niners and the Raiders are'nt going anywhere, The Saints will be contenders along with a few others like GB and Baltimore. Havent ever been a big Seahawks fan, even less now with Pete Carrol, I gotta say though, they did get robbed in the Superbowl.

So your telling me you have 3 favorite teams? Dont even know what to think of that. I say never trust a man who doesnt like football, a man with 3 favorite teams?

Ya the Seahawks did get robbed that was insane. Steelers should volunteer to give that title up.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    The Kid:
    gaberox:
    The Kid:
    gaberox:
    Ha ha wont happen. Norv Turner in the Super bowl...Never! With all due respect..Chargers suck!!!
    So your telling me you have 3 favorite teams? Dont even know what to think of that. I say never trust a man who doesnt like football, a man with 3 favorite teams? Ya the Seahawks did get robbed that was insane. Steelers should volunteer to give that title up.
    lol, yea love the game,,plus every week I have a wildcard team I root for,,thats whomever is playing the NY Giants..In games where im indifferent usually root for underdog
  • Options
    The Kid:
    gaberox:
    The Kid:
    gaberox:
    The Kid:
    gaberox:

So your telling me you have 3 favorite teams? Dont even know what to think of that. I say never trust a man who doesnt like football, a man with 3 favorite teams?

Ya the Seahawks did get robbed that was insane. Steelers should volunteer to give that title up.
    lol, yea love the game,,plus every week I have a wildcard team I root for,,thats whomever is playing the NY Giants..In games where im indifferent usually root for underdog

I find myself pulling for the underdogs as well. Somtimes I just wana see a good game so I root for whoever is losing. Unless its Steelers, Pats, Raiders, Cowboys , Chargers or Chiefs. Those teams can go to hell lol.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    First week comin up, men! Don't forget to get your rosters set before kick off! I know we're all swimming in so much depth that picking starters will be a chore....
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Yea I was lookin around last night at rosters making everyone else had some guys predicted to score 0-3 points. Looks like everyone has 4it quality selections and after that it gets bleek. But I m ok with that since we're all in the same boat.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Man! As if taking a Jaguars wide receiver wasnt dicey enough - today the Jags cut Garrard so now Ive got LUKE FREAKIN MCCOWN throwing passes to him???

Fantasy football gods are already sh!tting on my head - but I WILL PREVAIL! :-D

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Man! As if taking a Jaguars wide receiver wasnt dicey enough - today the Jags cut Garrard so now Ive got LUKE FREAKIN MCCOWN throwing passes to him???

Fantasy football gods are already sh!tting on my head - but I WILL PREVAIL! :-D

Who drafted Garrard anyway? LOL Want a QB, I got a couple extra - pm me and we will kick it around some. :-D

• Options
    ?
  • Options
    New i should have grabbed JC instead of Foster in the draft. Oh well
  • Options
    When your #1 WR and RB combine for 8 points that equals a loss. Congrats Ken.
  • Options
    WTF happened to my Steelers D today?
  • Options
    gaberox:
    same thing that happened to the Colts D, they were on the field 4X longer than they should have been.
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    gaberox:
    same thing that happened to the Colts D, they were on the field 4X longer than they should have been.

Thats what I get for drafting a team I hate. Is this the year the Steelers D finally falls apart?
  • Options
    d-robd-rob Posts: 61
    I want to rename my team either "I could have had Aaron Rodgers" or "Why can't I let go of childhood fantasies and root for a team that doesn't continually break my heart and stomp on my dreams? Maybe then I could stop drinking and get my life on track and my kids would talk to me and my dog wouldn't pee on me and my boss wouldn't yell at me and my car wouldn't stall and my wife wouldn't beat me" but I thought the first one may be a little wordy.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Yeah the second may go voer on the character limit! HA
  • Options
    Tom freakin Brady...what the hell was that?!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    RaschNuts:
    New i should have grabbed JC instead of Foster in the draft. Oh well

Sorry my friend....
  • Options
    Well my premier RB, Steven Jackson is gonna be out for a little bit not Peyton Manning serious but he'll miss a few weeks.,Thats what I get for picking a ST. Louis Lamb..Luckily some other of my players stepped up and pulled me through. My other RB Mike Tolbert had an Awesome game, he got a little banged up but looks like he's still good, and Wes Welker had a Fantastic game. All in All not a bad first week. Boy the game between the 49ers and the Hawks didnt look too good, neither offense is too impressive
  • Options
    Well, Young & Dangerous lived up to their name and flat put it on me this weekend! Caught me at the right time too, with Flacco, K Britt and the 49er defense (who knew they even had one??? LOL) all hanging up 20+ points one me.

Got the defending champs this week baby!

• Options
    well... i never liked Tom Brady... and now I really dislike Sam Bradford, but hopefully we are seeing the beginning of a something good in Ryan Fitzpatrick...
  • Options
    It's a new year guys, no more 0-5 in the first five games like last time.
  • Options
    Is anyone else having trouble with espn.com today?