Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

2011 BORK Fantasy Football League

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Well, I'll be going with the monkey and dart method. It worked last year.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    The Kid:
    ** (96) Team D - Brett Favre QB
    Did I miss something????
    Haha nice
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    ok, so we are all set with 16 teams and 4 divisions... so we added 2 more teams and added 2 more teams to "the money"... the draft is set for the 31st... so I think we are all set for now... all we need it payment from a few more guys and we're done... I have confirmation that raschnuts that his payment shoule ba arriving in the next few days, so that only leaves 4 teams with payment outstanding, so that's good...

take a look at the league settings and let me know if you guys want any rule or scoring settings?
    A couple things to consider:
    should we expand the playoffs now that we have more teams?
    should we use individual defensive players?
    should we have 2 QB's?
    is a 7 player bench too large?

just random stuff... any thought's, just let me know... I think that dropping our bench spots by 1 or 2 might be a good idea since we have so many teams...
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    ---No more teams. Half the league makes the playoffs already. If you finish #12, you dont deserve the right to knock off the #1 team because you have a guy who has a fluke week in a real game where his team doesnt need a win or loss

---No IDPs. It usually ends up being 2 LBs who generally cancel each other out. IDPs are really only great in leagues that use multiple IDPs or where scoring is not standard. In this kinda league, just another sport you will need for a "real" player

---No 2 QBs. With 16 teams, all QBs will be taken anyway. Factor in injuries, bye weeks, ect. It just doesnt make sense to do....use your back-up QB wisely.

---No smaller bench. You need 7 players, no bench (relatively speaking) is too large. Especially with 16 teams, you will need everyone you can have to make a roster each week that can really contribute. Draft well, and keep some guys in reserve in case things get dicey. Smaller rosters only make for larger waiver wires and owners should get rewarded for good drafting, not finishing poorly and working the waiver wire (though granted findings diamonds in the rough is important). -------SO IN SHORT, my vote at least is keep it as it is.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I think with 16 teams, the number of players on each team should be kept to a minimum, definitely not expanded. Just not enough talent to fill all that...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    I dont disagree, but I think 7 is a decent number. If you draft a QB, WR, RB, and another position who may all have off the same week----thats 4 subs. Not to mention guys you have sepcially as subs, in case of injuries, ect. 6 subs maybe, but fantasy football is about good drafting and the talent pool may be a but diluted but that will not favor anyone over anyone else----it just comes down to making good decisions and making good matchups against your opponent-------8 teams or 16 teams.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    ---No more teams. Half the league makes the playoffs already. If you finish #12, you dont deserve the right to knock off the #1 team because you have a guy who has a fluke week in a real game where his team doesnt need a win or loss

---No IDPs. It usually ends up being 2 LBs who generally cancel each other out. IDPs are really only great in leagues that use multiple IDPs or where scoring is not standard. In this kinda league, just another sport you will need for a "real" player

---No 2 QBs. With 16 teams, all QBs will be taken anyway. Factor in injuries, bye weeks, ect. It just doesnt make sense to do....use your back-up QB wisely.

---No smaller bench. You need 7 players, no bench (relatively speaking) is too large. Especially with 16 teams, you will need everyone you can have to make a roster each week that can really contribute. Draft well, and keep some guys in reserve in case things get dicey. Smaller rosters only make for larger waiver wires and owners should get rewarded for good drafting, not finishing poorly and working the waiver wire (though granted findings diamonds in the rough is important). -------SO IN SHORT, my vote at least is keep it as it is.

+1 to all of this. It's like you read my mind (and saved me a lot of typing).
  • Options
    so I got the check from raschnuts in the mail today... and he felt the need to include these...

the Aged Maduro is one of my all-time favorites and I haven't had the Tat black yet... thanks so much Josh! not to mention he has Batman checks... and i'm sure you can tell i'm a fan...

2011-08-19_13-41-36_408
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    robbyras:
    so I got the check from raschnuts in the mail today... and he felt the need to include these...

the Aged Maduro is one of my all-time favorites and I haven't had the Tat black yet... thanks so much Josh! not to mention he has Batman checks... and i'm sure you can tell i'm a fan...

2011-08-19_13-41-36_408
    That lance is awesome smoke. Maduro knew those at your fav couldn't send the batman check alone have to send his tools.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    RaschNuts:
    robbyras:

2011-08-19_13-41-36_408
    That lance is awesome smoke. Maduro knew those at your fav couldn't send the batman check alone have to send his tools.
    WTG RaschNuts!!!
  • Options
    So, is Raschnuts trying to gain favor with the originator of the league? Is it a bribe? I'm keeping my eyes open. Com'on, an aged maduro? DId he bring enough for everyone? I'm just saying. LOL
  • Options
    i have very little control but bribes are accepted
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    So, is Raschnuts trying to gain favor with the originator of the league? Is it a bribe? I'm keeping my eyes open. Com'on, an aged maduro? DId he bring enough for everyone? I'm just saying. LOL
    Yea I'm glad I got mine in,, WINK WINK..Although the ashton aged is pushing it a bit..lol
  • Options
    I got your payment RIPP... so we're all paid up except for 3 guys...
  • Options
    Rob----Looking at the league, you are going to have to have ESPN regenerate the schedule or you will have to do it yourself. It has several different teams with bye weeks each week, it has some guys playing each other 3 times....in short its messed up. Its because we added teams and divisions and should be a fairly quick fix (maybe an hour if you have to do it manually though) but figured you would wanna get this done before the draft-----Ill shoot you a PM with this same message.
  • Options
    gotcha... haven't has much time to look at the set up yet... i'll give it a gander before the draft for sure... thanks for the heads-up
  • Options
    Just finished a 12 man mock draft. Looks like we'll need some second tier players to complete our line ups. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    more like 4th tier... a lot of luck is gonna be involved in this league for sure
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    He11, with as many teams as we have in the league this season, I cant decide whether to go waterboys or referees with my picks in the last two rounds! LOL GAME ON BEEOTCHES!!! :-)

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    At least it will be callenging as your gona really have to watch what back ups are contributing the most. Like teams #3 wr and rb who get 5-10 carries per game.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Rob, I've been out of the loop lately.... Kids started school last week so it's been pretty hectic around here. So, I'm back in fantasy mode. The envelope with your money in it has been sitting on my desk staring at me, saying "Hey mothertrucker!!! Mail my a$$!!!" I'm dropping it in the mail today.

I'm hoping to be around for the draft but I also pre-set my draft order, just in case.

My only suggestion at this point, is that we add another roster spot making the total 17. Makes the rosters a little more even given the flex player option. But it's not super important, so if you don't wanna change it, no biggie. Just my .02.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Sorry Rob, I've been out of the loop lately.... Kids started school last week so it's been pretty hectic around here. So, I'm back in fantasy mode. The envelope with your money in it has been sitting on my desk staring at me, saying "Hey mothertrucker!!! Mail my a$$!!!" I'm dropping it in the mail today.

I'm hoping to be around for the draft but I also pre-set my draft order, just in case.

My only suggestion at this point, is that we add another roster spot making the total 17. Makes the rosters a little more even given the flex player option. But it's not super important, so if you don't wanna change it, no biggie. Just my .02.
    no worries... on the payment... we're doing pretty well there so just get it out when you can...

I'm open to any and all changes... lets see what others have to say about adding a roster spot... any thoughts guys?
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    Im fine with w/e the league decides.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    robbyras:
    I'm open to any and all changes... lets see what others have to say about adding a roster spot... any thoughts guys?
    So we get to draft a water boy AND a referee? LOL Couldnt we just deal with this using free agency?

• Options
    sure
  • Options
    some of you will notice that the schedule is all effed... i'll try to get in there and fix it... i won't get to it before the draft tomorrow, but I will before the season starts...

reminder... the draft is tomorrow at 6:15 pacific
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Any idea how long the draft will take? I have to work at midnight (EST), so starting at 9:15est I may have to do some autodrafting...
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Gonna have to autodraft, guys. It's been a terrible few days, no power for 32 hours then my wife's car died because it mysteriously got water in it with all windows closed. If I told her we weren't going to trivia tonight because of fantasy football I'm not sure what hell would be unleashed on me but I'm not willing to find out. Best of luck!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Ken, PM.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Any idea how long the draft will take? I have to work at midnight (EST), so starting at 9:15est I may have to do some autodrafting...
    well... it's an allotted 90 seconds per pick... if folks are auto drafting, the full 90 seconds elapses during their first pick, but after that their pick is instant... 16 teams and 16 rounds... it;s not gonna be fast but it shouldn't take more than 2 hours or so...