Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ShawnOL had a good looking egg roll, so I decided to have one too.  For 5 bucks MSRP, you almost can't beat it.  All that's left is the fortune..."age is a high price to pay for maturity.". Amen.
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Had an unlabeled cigar from a "Placensia Sampler." It was a six inch hex pressed torpedo about 52 to 54 ring gauge. Looked like a San Andreas or liergo wrapper or some other dark toothy lookalike.  Anyone have any idea what I smoked?  It was the ugliest gosh darn cigar I ever smoked, but it was pleasantly smooth and had some very pleasant earthy flavors.  I'd like to maybe buy some more...here's a pic:
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    peter4jc said:

This year's S&R with a good book and some green leaves in the background... Very good for my head and heart. 
    The first point of doctrine?  Looks pretty dry brother lol!  Cigar looks awesome though...
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had an unlabeled cigar from a "Placensia Sampler." It was a six inch hex pressed torpedo about 52 to 54 ring gauge. Looked like a San Andreas or liergo wrapper or some other dark toothy lookalike.  Anyone have any idea what I smoked?  It was the ugliest gosh darn cigar I ever smoked, but it was pleasantly smooth and had some very pleasant earthy flavors.  I'd like to maybe buy some more...here's a pic:

Mr. Google came up with: Plasencia Alma Fuerte Sixto II Hexagon Cigars, likely the maduro but it's banded and is a parajo, not a torpedo and comes with bands so maybe you got a limited edition hex press cigar.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Neat...thanks @Yakster.  Got it on a JR auction about six months ago.  4 of these, 4 of 2 other kinds for a total of 12 smokes.  I think I paid 18 bucks for the 12 pack.  These things are 18 bucks a stick!  

There's a catch though. Several of the cigars in this pack were in bad shape. Cracked wrappers, crookedly shaped etc.  Either way, that's minor stuff. This thing smoked really well and I have two left!  A good day!
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RyJ 30th Anniversario toro. Tasted OK, but had to relight it every 1/2 inch. Gave up about half way through.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ShawnOL had a good looking egg roll, so I decided to have one too.  For 5 bucks MSRP, you almost can't beat it.  All that's left is the fortune..."age is a high price to pay for maturity.". Amen.
    "Fat person not afraid of heights - afraid of widths" 

Its like they knew a fat guy was smoking it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuesta Rey #95