perkinke:
    deejmemixx:
    90+ Irishman:
    madurofan:
    robbyras:
    madurofan:
    jgibv:
    robbyras:
    Adam takes a look at the new Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan. He has some mixed feelings. I was worried that this may turn out to be a bit of a gimmicky smoke... have any of you all tried it?
    Good review ... kind of why I'm hesitant to buy some --- a little too gimmicky IMO, but then again I picked up some supershots so who am I to judge....

The Filthy Hooligan is a great smoke. Is there some gimmick to it? OF COURSE all the candelas come out this time of year for the gimmick factor. But it is the best candela I've ever had and I've had quite a few. I enjoy the grassy bitterness of the wrapper.

I would like to critique the review on one small point. Very rarely is a splitting wrapper a construction issue. Usually is a storage issue, over humidification. The construction type split would be either a leaf that already had a tear or hole or would be overstuffed in the section where it was split. If it was overstuffed it would be noticeable in the draw.
    Thanks for the feedback on this one... i agree on all points... i do fid it interesting though that the wrapper splitting seems to be exceedingly common with this stick... Personally, I have not smoked one, but I trust Adam's opinion... and I know this stick was purchased and smoked at his B&M
    Interesting. I haven't heard anyone complain about it and the regulars at my B&M we've burned through all that my store got. I've had a few, no issues. I don't know the make up of a candela wrapper to be honest but it may be that they are more prone to this. Cameroons are notorious for cracking because they are so thin. Broadleaf have a tendency to unravel because they are so thick.
    Candela is a form of augmenting the leaf, such as Maduro etc and can in theory be done to any and all tobacco strains. That said it is extremely hard on them so I am not surprised to hear that they are a bit delicate on this stick depending on who handles it and how across the country etc.
    I found this to be one of the worst tasting sticks I have ever smoked...... will try another one someday but man.... was nasty

I felt the same, but part of this probably was because the dang thing wouldn't stay lit. It came out of the same humi that a different stick had the day before, with the same weather and I had to relight it three times before it even reached half. Tossed it just before the halfway. I have a few left that I will keep and maybe try again in a few months.
    deej, do you typically like candelas? Either way I've never really understood the philosophy of trying a stick again later if I just flat out hated it. If it had construction issues or something was off about it, maybe but just because I didn't like it? Neh. There are way too many other cigars out there.

Perkinke, just because a cigar came out of the same humi that another cigar came out of that was good does not mean the humidification was not the culprit. I'm not saying it was, just saying it doesn't disqualify it as the culprit.

Where was the cigar in the humidor? Maybe this one that wouldn't burn right was right next to the humidifier maybe the other one was on the other side of the humidor.
    Maybe this cigar smokes better at a lower RH. We pick the RH we aim to keep our humidor at based on our experiences with cigars. If I smoked tons of cameroons and sumatras and my humi stayed at 72% and they all smoked fine and them I threw a broadleaf maduro in there and it wouldn't stay lit. Keeping my humi at 72% very likely was the issue as a broadleaf is a much heartier leaf, can absorb more humidity and becomes saturated easier than a thin Cameroon. Where a Cameroon at 65% may feel dry and brittle. These aren't exact numbers just examples but they should get my point across.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    90+ Irishman:
    madurofan:
    robbyras:
    madurofan:
    jgibv:
    robbyras:
    Adam takes a look at the new Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan. He has some mixed feelings. I was worried that this may turn out to be a bit of a gimmicky smoke... have any of you all tried it?
    Good review ... kind of why I'm hesitant to buy some --- a little too gimmicky IMO, but then again I picked up some supershots so who am I to judge....

The Filthy Hooligan is a great smoke. Is there some gimmick to it? OF COURSE all the candelas come out this time of year for the gimmick factor. But it is the best candela I've ever had and I've had quite a few. I enjoy the grassy bitterness of the wrapper.

I would like to critique the review on one small point. Very rarely is a splitting wrapper a construction issue. Usually is a storage issue, over humidification. The construction type split would be either a leaf that already had a tear or hole or would be overstuffed in the section where it was split. If it was overstuffed it would be noticeable in the draw.
    Thanks for the feedback on this one... i agree on all points... i do fid it interesting though that the wrapper splitting seems to be exceedingly common with this stick... Personally, I have not smoked one, but I trust Adam's opinion... and I know this stick was purchased and smoked at his B&M
    Interesting. I haven't heard anyone complain about it and the regulars at my B&M we've burned through all that my store got. I've had a few, no issues. I don't know the make up of a candela wrapper to be honest but it may be that they are more prone to this. Cameroons are notorious for cracking because they are so thin. Broadleaf have a tendency to unravel because they are so thick.
    Candela is a form of augmenting the leaf, such as Maduro etc and can in theory be done to any and all tobacco strains. That said it is extremely hard on them so I am not surprised to hear that they are a bit delicate on this stick depending on who handles it and how across the country etc.
    I understand this. I assume that though it is possible to do to any leaf, like a maduro, typically they would use certain kinds. You wouldn't want to maduroize a Cameroon.

Thanks for the info about it being hard on the leaf. I've never really researched much on candela.
    No problem Maddie and thanks do the kind words. You are spot on when you say tht you wouldn't do this to certain strains for the sake of how taxin it is on the leaf. You wouldn't do this to Cameroon or Pello De Oro etc etc because of how naturally fragile they are. However something like a broadleaf would work well because of the characteristic of how hearty it is. I will post up a little more information on how candela is achieved in te Cigar 101 thread soon as to not further hijack Robby's thread. It does have to do with the review but out of respect I will further this discussion on a different area.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Dunn2Dunn2 Posts: 23
    Brad was on the other day I smoked this that morning I had a good ash going so I took a pic after that I moved the band up I got around another inch the guys at work were impressed its a La Resolucion by Jameson image
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Very solid looking stick... Looks like it delivered a nice flavor profile Leather/wood mild spice? Maybe some coffee.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Joe did a little Face Off between these two sticks and decided that "Sometimes Goliath is big enough to beat David."

I disagree, but we're objective over at RRR!

Click on the image below to see the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Head to Head - Headley Grange v CAO Concert

• Options
    Dustin takes a look at the Cigar.Com American Label, Nadi Connecticut Lancero and the Carlos Torano Dominicana

Click on the image below to see the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Coffee and Connys Chapter 2

• Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Rob, a little off topic but I've been laid up all week with a bad back and I've spent alot of that time in the cigar chat archive. Great job man, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE:
    Rob, a little off topic but I've been laid up all week with a bad back and I've spent alot of that time in the cigar chat archive. Great job man, keep up the good work.
    welcome to the bad back club!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    C-LOVE:
    The bad back club. Yeah. I gotta remember that excuse next time I get caught frittering away hour after hour in the cigar chat archive.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    C-LOVE:
    Thanks brotha! I hope the back is getting better... I'm in the Lower Back Issues club... not a fan
  • Options
    Schwartz tried to get past the monster band on the Merlion...

La Sirena Review

• Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Schwartz tried to get past the monster band on the Merlion...

La Sirena Review

Your right sure is purty ! Good review once again.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    CigarChat it on the move! The show format will remain the same, for the most post. We will still feature guests and have plenty of giveaways, but the show will be hosted on CigarFederation.com

Follow the link below to see the full release. You'll also see the video from last night's show and get some insight into the changes that are coming to CigarFederation.com

We also talk about the new Tantrum from Ezra Zion that is set to be released next month.

CigarChat will premier on CigarFederation.com on Thursday, April 18th at 4pm PDT/7pm EST with guest Jose Blanco of Joya de Nicaragua Cigars

Click on the image below to see the release. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

CigarChat moves to CigarFederation.com

• Options
    Man, I haven't been posting here much lately... that's something I'll have to remedy!

I've got some new reviews posted and I'll start with the PreRelease CyB Lancero review! I freakin love the CyB and the Lancero is close to being my favorite vitola... I'd go with the Lonsdale as my #1 and the Lancero as my #1a... Jose Blanco hooked me up with some samples when I was on Cigar Safari in Nica

CyB Lancere Review

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review Rob. Never had a CyB, but I will keep an eye out now!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything good with you Rob?
  • Options
    Rain:
    Thanks for the review Rob. Never had a CyB, but I will keep an eye out now!
    gotta try it... look for the Londsdale since the Lancero isn't out yet... or get in on my pass, I'm sure one will be in there
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    Everything good with you Rob?
    oh yeah... super busy! so things are great... how about you Bro? and you need to get in on my pass too!
  • Options
    I love the Liga line... I smoked a TON of them on Cigar Safari and have been lucky enough to smoke them all (except the velvet rat, I'm going to fire that one up soon) and the UF-13 is my favorite... well I just gave it away... oops!

Liga Privada UF-13

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    C-LOVE:
    The bad back club. Yeah. I gotta remember that excuse next time I get caught frittering away hour after hour in the cigar chat archive.

Maybe I should start a travelling back pain clinic? You guys could pay in stogies....LOL. Good luck fellas, let me know if I can help in any way!
  • Options
    Hey Rob, is the UF-13 like all Ligas, in that it's ready to smoke basically ROTT?
  • Options
    Rain:
    Hey Rob, is the UF-13 like all Ligas, in that it's ready to smoke basically ROTT?
    one thing the DE boys preach is that all the Liga stuff is ready to be smoked when it hits the shelves... so, beyond the regular rest and acclimation period (a week or two) the UF-13 (and all other Ligas for that matter) is ready to go.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind on the off chance that I get one haha.
  • Options
    Rain:
    you're in the pass... there might be one...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Rain:
    I'm super excited for the pass because it will be 99% things I've never seen. I have two...TWO... boutique cigars so it's gonna be a hard decision.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    webmost:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    C-LOVE:

Maybe I should start a travelling back pain clinic? You guys could pay in stogies....LOL. Good luck fellas, let me know if I can help in any way!
    Say hello to El Presidente of the Back Jacked Up Club!! Da Shizz!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Rain:
    Rob, don't forget to post your pics of the trip!!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    robbyras:
    Rain:
    Rob, don't forget to post your pics of the trip!!
    oh, I won't! I'm still going through all my pics and vids and notes... it's going to take some time to get it all squared away... I'mm hoping to post my Top 10 reasons every cigar smoker should go on Cigar Safari next week...
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in this club, too. I would pay a stogie to have relief tonight. Had to work through the back pain doing a job tonight. Only got halfway done and was wearing a back brace the whole time, but I started with it hurting. I planned on smoking a 'gar when I got home, but it just hurts too much to think I'd enjoy out on my smoking porch.

Back Jacked Up Chairman of the Board
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I'll admit it, the La Bomba is a bit strong for me. Maybe I don't have enough hair on my chest, who nows. But I do like the flavors of it and I smoke one every now and again. Well, Espinosa Cigars has announced a LE La Bomba Maduro called the Warhead... LOVE the band... Anyway, it's being released at IPCPR...

Click on the image below to see the press release. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

LE 601 La Bomba Warhead