Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

The RobbyRas Very Amateur Review Thread

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I chose the new AKA Solace to be my fist video review! Yep, you gotta look at my ugly mug now! I posted the video here for convience, but if you want to see the whole review, click here AKA Solace Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJLmEWSxmr0
  • Options
    I fired this one up during the BORK Fantasy Football draft last night. Check the review and video!

Click on the image below to see the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

CAO Concert

• Options
    I FINALLY got my hands on a few Headley Grange by Crowned Heads Cigars! Somehow, I managed to let them rest for a week before firing one up. It was quite an experience...

Click on the image below to see the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Headley Grange

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I will def be geting a box of these if possible!!!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    seriously... I'm gonna have to make some calls and get a few boxes...
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    robbyras:
    The Kid:
    Wow! When will they become available?
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    robbyras:
    The Kid:
    Wow! When will they become available?
    They should starting hitting shelves in the next few weeks... PM me if you want more details
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to try it. I do find it odd that the band says Dominican and its an NC. Everything I've read says it's amazing
  • Options
    NectarCigarNectarCigar Posts: 171
    Must try for me!! Nice review!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Can't wait to try it. I do find it odd that the band says Dominican and its an NC. Everything I've read says it's amazing
    CATFISH!!!!! They are blended and rolled in the DR by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, Jr. at Tabacalera La Alianza... I thought the same thing when I first saw the band though...
  • Options
    Masmokes gives his impressions of the new Oliva V Melanio

We've gone though a bit of a philosophy change... we're no longer going to score or rate cigars. My goal is to give our readers as much insight as possible and allow them to make up their minds. I want RRR to be a resource for cigar smokers to find new new things to try, not to tell them what is good. So this review will have no overall score. Instead, Mas breaks down his experience and gives his overall thoughts.

Click on the image below to see the new review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Oliva V Melanio

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    That is a good philosophy. Tatse is subjective and individual as a reviewer it is the best way to describe a cigar and let the readers to decide. This is also a reason why I rarely score cigar. I also stopped reading or following Cigar Afiocinado long time ago. I was screwed and end up buying many cigars based on their scoring.
    robbyras:
    Masmokes gives his impressions of the new Oliva V Melanio

We've gone though a bit of a philosophy change... we're no longer going to score or rate cigars. My goal is to give our readers as much insight as possible and allow them to make up their minds. I want RRR to be a resource for cigar smokers to find new new things to try, not to tell them what is good. So this review will have no overall score. Instead, Mas breaks down his experience and gives his overall thoughts.

Click on the image below to see the new review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Oliva V Melanio

• Options
    Yep, we've got a new show at RRR. It's called RobbyRas Roundtable. The idea is to get 3 regular cigar lovers to smoke the same cigars and talk about their experience. In the first show, we talk about the Casa Fernandez Miami and the MUWAT +11. Each person smoked the cigars and provided a small review. Then I got everyone together to talk about their experience...

I'm hoping to do this a few times per month with new panelist on each show. If you are interested in being a panelist, email me at Rob@RobbyRasReviews.com and include "RobbyRas Roundtable Panelist - Ccom" in the subject! All cigars will be provided by the show sponsor, so all you have to do is smoke them and tell us what you think!

Click on the image below to see the new show. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

RobbyRas Roundtable

• Options
    Masmokes got his hands on the new Cuenca y Blanco from Joya de Nicaragua. He even got to hang out with Jose Blanco while he smoked it! Check out his review!

Jose Blanco joins CigarChat tomorrow at 4PM PDT, 8PM EST! Should be a blast!

Click on the image below to see the new show. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Cuenca y Blanco

• Options
    New contributor, Joe Lordi, gives his impressions of the newest LFD! Check out his review of the Ligero Cabinet Oscuro Tropedito.

LFD Tropedito

• Options
    In prep for Barry Stein's (Miami Cigar Co.) appearance on CigarChat tomorrow, I fired up a Guillermo Leon Signature Corona. A really nice everyday smoke. Check out the review!

Guillermo Leon Signature Corona

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I really like those Guillermo Leon's, a perfect morning cigar with coffee in my opinion. The cameroon leaf makes the whole thing really shine. Great review, as always Rob.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob

The link in your review to cutters by jim does not work. A google search finds cutters by jem, which are cake cutters. Where are the cutters by jim, and what's special about them?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    Rob

The link in your review to cutters by jim does not work. A google search finds cutters by jem, which are cake cutters. Where are the cutters by jim, and what's special about them?

Thanks Davis! I jacked up the link there... it's fixed now... they are pretty cool cutters... Jim will be on CigarChat next month so we can talk more about them then... this was the first time i used it and I was impressed... has the perfect cut backing on it and it also catches all the clippings in the cutter... all I ever use is Xikar so that was a new feature to me... the emblems on the cutters are pretty cool too
  • Options
    In prep for Barry Stein's (Miami Cigar Co.) appearance on CigarChat TODAY, Masmokes fired up a La Aurora 107 Salomon. Check out the review!

La Aurora 107 Salomon

• Options
    In prep for Erik Espinosa's appearance on CigarChat TODAY, Smokin Logan fired up an Espinosa Robusto. Check out the review!

Espinosa Robusto

Also, Erik Espinosa, owner of Espinosa Cigars, joins us today to talk about all the new things going on with Espinosa Cigars... Show starts at 4PM PDT / 7PM EST and There Will Be SWAG!

Click the image below to join in - Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Cigar Chat, Live Every Week!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been checking out these events. Very engaging guests with interesting info. I signed into yesterday's chat to contribute questions. The crowd there seems divided into three types: attention starved potty mouth knuckleheads, guys just there to chat, and guys who contribute good questions. You don't see that back end of the thing unless you sign in to the chat, which you don't have to do to watch the interview. The video feeds can be poorly lit and low res or well lit and good res, depending on who's got what gear. But the guys Robby lines up, like Eddie Ortega and Erik Espinosa and that sales guy from Miami I forget his name, these guys are kewl and have good info.

I rate these interviews at four stars out of five

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Yep, I turned Dustin over to the Dark Side... Dustin was on the Roundtable show a few weeks back and I was really impressed with they way he discussed each cigar... so I extended him an offer to contribute to RRR and I'm happy to say he accepted!

So, for his first review, he decided to go with a favorite - Avo 787 Perfecto

Be sure to check out his firs review for RRR leave a comment to let us know how he's doing...

Avo 787 Perfecto

• Options
    Dustin is on FIRE! For his second review this week he went with the LAT 45 by L'Atelier

He has a way of making me want to try every cigar he reviews... this one is FIRMLY on the list though...

L'Atelier LAT54

• Options
    We've had a busy week over at RRR... there are a few new reviews for you all to check out:

Dustin reviewed the Zino Platinum Z Class
    Logan reviewed the CroMagnon Slobberknocker Limited Release
    Eric, from Stogies on the Rocks, reviewed the new La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva
    Tomorrow, I'll post my review of the Tatuaje TAA 2012

Click on the image below to see the all the new reviews. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

new stuff on RRR

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to review the Cult this weekend and get it to you, Rob.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to review the Cult this weekend and get it to you, Rob.
    Whenever you want to post something, just let me know!
  • Options
    I posted my review of the Tatuaje TAA 2012... there have been some great cigar releases this year and this is one of my favorites... I'm not one to buy boxes of expensive cigars, but I may break down

Click on the image below to see the all the new review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Tatuaje TAA 2012 review on RRR

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I posted my review of the Tatuaje TAA 2012... there have been some great cigar releases this year and this is one of my favorites... I'm not one to buy boxes of expensive cigars, but I may break down

Click on the image below to see the all the new review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Tatuaje TAA 2012 review on RRR

Great review. I've smoked two before and purchased a box of these!! Fantastic smoke and this might be my favorite Tat to date!
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Great review. I've smoked two before and purchased a box of these!! Fantastic smoke and this might be my favorite Tat to date!
    Thanks Zeebs! Yeah, they are pretty effing amazing... might have to get a box myself...