Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

The RobbyRas Very Amateur Review Thread

Comments

• Options
    robbyras:
    howtobass:
    Nice review! I didn't have a problem with the bitterness at the end like you had when I smoked one. Maybe it's because of the different size or the cut? Thats where my question would be. I actually liked it so much, it made it into my favorites. I loved being able to follow along with you during your movie. Great connection! LOL. Thanks again. Next time i'll bring some pop-corn.
    Yeah, I got on a little bit of a tangent there, but it made sense to me at the time... yeah, that was the first time I had a problem with the bitterness... I'll be revisiting in a week or so... we'll see how it goes... thanks for the feedback!
    I didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm a visual kind of guy so it made perfect sense to me!
  • Options
    Robby, I have to say, I really enjoy your reviews. The Diesel Unlimited I tried was a bit too much for me. But that was a while ago and I've only tried one, so I think it's about time I revisit. Fortunately, I just got some in a couple weeks ago so now's the time to do it!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Thanks Bro! Side note: I went to Sac State and spend a LOT of time in Davis... My best friend went there along with the girl I dated my sophomore and junior years... fun little town...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Thanks Bro! Side note: I went to Sac State and spend a LOT of time in Davis... My best friend went there along with the girl I dated my sophomore and junior years... fun little town...
    Oh yeah? That's awesome. I love it here in Davis. And I forgot that you're in Walnut Creek. Which only says to me that we need to herf it up sometime!
  • Options
    MonteWhite:
    robbyras:
    Oh yeah? That's awesome. I love it here in Davis. And I forgot that you're in Walnut Creek. Which only says to me that we need to herf it up sometime!
    for sure... we have enough norcal guys to get something together... i know the boys up in Sac get together pretty often.. I've never been able to make it up there though... maybe we can get something on the calendar soon!
  • Options
    robbyras:
    MonteWhite:
    robbyras:
    for sure... we have enough norcal guys to get something together... i know the boys up in Sac get together pretty often.. I've never been able to make it up there though... maybe we can get something on the calendar soon!
    There's guys from Sacramento here?!?! I'm from Sacramento. Well before I joined the military at least. Lived there for 16 years. When I go home to visit, im going to have to meet up with everyone. That's awesome news!
  • Options
    robbyras:
    MonteWhite:
    robbyras:
    Most definitely! And I'm not just saying that, we're gonna have to make it happen. Especially since it's starting to cool. Robby you'll have a PM inbound. And Brandon, I had no idea you're from Sacramento. You need to let me know when you're in town.
  • Options
    MonteWhite:
    robbyras:
    MonteWhite:
    robbyras:
    Most definitely! And I'm not just saying that, we're gonna have to make it happen. Especially since it's starting to cool. Robby you'll have a PM inbound. And Brandon, I had no idea you're from Sacramento. You need to let me know when you're in town.
    I will for sure. We're thinking about coming out next year. My wife and I are both from good ol Sacramento.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the review quite a bit and agree with you on most of it. The construction, appearance, and value are all top notch but I just can't get in to the flavor of this stick. It's nowhere near as good as the Unholy Cocktail which is a bummer. It has some sort of flavor that is just no good for me. I like the big body of the UHC and this is nothing in comparison. It's one of AJ's "not quite there" for me sticks, much like the Virtue.
  • Options
    Check out the Illusione Epernay '09 Le Ferme review here RobbyRasReviews.com

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Oh baby! One of my favorites as you know Rob. Very nice review. Maybe a little too nice. I'm at work and really wanting one of these now. Thanks a lot buddy. ;)
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    Oh baby! One of my favorites as you know Rob. Very nice review. Maybe a little too nice. I'm at work and really wanting one of these now. Thanks a lot buddy. ;)
    Sorry Bro! One of the beautiful things about working form home is you can fire one up whenever you want, provided you're getting your **** done... I'm not bragging, i'm just sayin ;^)
  • Options
    Nice Robby, as usual. I love the Epernay. However, the last one I smoke started off with a punch, and remained strong throughout. I thought that was weird because the others I smoked prior were pretty mellow. Eh, might have just been a fluke or an off day. Nonetheless, awesome smoke!
  • Options
    Check out the Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero review at RobbyRasReviews.com

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great review Rob! Funny coincidence... I had one of those exact sticks in my hand yesterday about to walk out of the humi and purchase him, when the guy working there (a friend since I'm in so often) pointed me towards the 85th Anny Maduro Padron's they just received.... had to put everything back and just pick up the Padron, but thanks for the review it sounds very interesting and like a great smoke! Nice pictures btw, and Charlie rocks!!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Great review Rob! Funny coincidence... I had one of those exact sticks in my hand yesterday about to walk out of the humi and purchase him, when the guy working there (a friend since I'm in so often) pointed me towards the 85th Anny Maduro Padron's they just received.... had to put everything back and just pick up the Padron, but thanks for the review it sounds very interesting and like a great smoke! Nice pictures btw, and Charlie rocks!!!!
    I had this along with Skull and Bones in my hand yesterday while deciding what to review... great minds...

Th 85th! that is a pricey cigar... nice work... thanks for the feed back too... and yes, Charlie is the pimpshit
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I too had the Tat black label about 2 weeks ago and I agree 100% with your review. The first inch or so was just ok, but it really took off and I really enjoyed it till the end. Been looking to pick up a few more of these. Great review!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Nice review Robb. I've had this cigar and enjoyed it immensely. This cigar may never win a beauty contest, I liked the rustic veiny appearance. I've read stories about this wrapper being used as binder for other cigars. But taste wins out here, ugly stick, but great taste. This was my introduction to the Tatuaje line a few years ago.. I was given this cigar by a forum member a few years ago, Thanks Madurofan
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Great review. I was gifted one in the torpedo size, but I have no clue how much time it's got on it... so I'm scared to smoke it. My expectations are also sky high. I had a lancero a while back though, and it was pretty much exactly what you just said! Mine lasted longer than 45 min though... prob 1hr 15 or so...
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Reviews are still goin great man! Tell Charlie that this BORK says hi lol
  • Options
    it's interesting to me that many folks feel the same about the flavor timeline... that's pretty consistent feedback from a bunch of guys... so I guess age wasn't really an issue on mine...
  • Options
    that tat black sounds like my kind of stick. gotta check it out soon.
  • Options
    I've taken my Amateur status VIRAL!

PLEASE follow me on Twitter @RobbyRasReviews (I have one follower and it's some medical company in NYC... WTF is that about?) Like me on Facebook at facebook.com/RobbyRasReviews

Thanks for all the support Guys!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Don't forget about us little people when you go mainstream. Congrats and keep the reviews coming bro.
  • Options
    james40:
    Don't forget about us little people when you go mainstream. Congrats and keep the reviews coming bro.
    Yeah, I'm gonna take my 2 followers and 4 "likes" and go straight to the top!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    james40:
    Yeah, I'm gonna take my 2 followers and 4 "likes" and go straight to the top!
    lol, nice reviews though.

I myself wasn't a huge fan of the tat blacks, even though I did like them. Seemed to be really nice at the start but somewhere near the half way mark or so they stopped being as flavorful, at least to me. I've gone through 8 or so. The rest I traded away.
  • Options
    I've got a busy week coming up but I think I can fit in one two smokes...

help me pick!

vote for 2 (number of votes):
    Illusione Cruzado - (1)
    Illusione ~ cg:4~ White Horse Maduro - (2)
    Libertad Robusto Tubo
    San Lotano Oval - (4)
    CAO Soprano - (1)
    Sencillo
    Sencillo Black
    My Father - (2)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I can only place a vote for the ones I have smoked.. I would never say a bad word about Illusione.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    OVAL!!! -all caps equals 2 votes.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Soprano and the CG4