Home General Discussion
Options

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a great cigar from AJ Fernandez,,,San Lotano Connecticut..Thanks AJ
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Oliva V maddy (2011). Very, very good cigar. I've seen those of you with more experience with Oliva say that there are even better years than the 2011. Based on the awesomeness of this cigar, I will be calling up all of the B&Ms near me to see if they have any other years in stock!

Thanks again, Shaun. Just another example of you being an awesome BOTL!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Todd. The 08 is a torp but a slightly different blend than the 09 and 10. The 09 and 10 should be the same. I have a box of 09 but never had a 10. The 11 I heard is the best of the bunch so far.
  • Options
    Marker:
    Todd. The 08 is a torp but a slightly different blend than the 09 and 10. The 09 and 10 should be the same. I have a box of 09 but never had a 10. The 11 I heard is the best of the bunch so far.
    Thanks for the info! Guess Shaun spoiled me starting me off with the best. lol... at least on the up side, the 11 should be a bit easier to find, i guess...? From what I've read, they are all pretty hard to find, as they typically sell out pretty soon after the release each year. If I can find another 11, I will keep you in mind, brother ;) If you haven't tried one yet, you need to!
  • Options
    jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    I got an Oliva V that I've had for over a month now...I LOVE oliva but ain't tried the V yet....guess I'm gonna have to give it a try with all the great reviews y'all are giving it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I had my first MoW PA from RCY on Xmas eve day. It was delicious. Thanks bro.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jkallen83:
    I got an Oliva V that I've had for over a month now...I LOVE oliva but ain't tried the V yet....guess I'm gonna have to give it a try with all the great reviews y'all are giving it.
    Make sure you have a good full meal before taking on the V. I am not trying to scare you or anything, but it is FULL bodied and you will get much better flavours after you have eaten a full meal, particularly if it is a steak or roast beef or something like that. AWESOME stick... the V. What vitola are you smoking?
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Had a nub maduro from buckeye, although not my cup of tea, I appreciate the chance to try one.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Anejo 48 from 2008 courtesy of phobicsquirrel
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    dennisking:
    Anejo 48 from 2008 courtesy of phobicsquirrel
    Nice! I only have one Anejo left from 2008. It's a 55 and I can't bring myself to smoke it!
  • Options
    5v classic robusto, haven't had one in quite some time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Enjoyed a fantastic AVO from Rick. It was my celebration stick after laying laminate flooring in the family room.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoking an Oliva V Lancero from Forthecripples or StrongStyle... I think he's on two forums with me with those usernames, and can't remember which is on this forum haha... Anyway, listening to PB2K while smoking it...
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    Enjoyed a fantastic AVO from Rick. It was my celebration stick after laying laminate flooring in the family room.

Glad you enjoyed it along with MOW Puro Authentico. Those are a mainstay in my humidor.

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    MonteWhite:
    I am thoroughly enjoying an Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Flor Fina Cameroon from RCY. Thanks again Rick!

Anytime, happy you enjoyed it....

• Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Smoking a gurkha widowmaker Connecticut that I got from James40, its a nice easy creamy smoke for the morning.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    So yesterday I got together with Jimmyv723 as he is in town from AZ and I smoked a San Lotano Oval that I got from Greg2648 a few weeks back in a MAW package .... It was awesome and now I see what all the fuss is about ...... I'll be buying some of these real soon. Thanks again Greg.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    well last night i smoked a good cigar from Dwayne (dbeckom) pinar del rio selection and at the moment a morro castle thanks to Ricky (Rhamlin)
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I had my first Nicre Libre from Letsgowithbob today. It was from the movie trivia winnings thread back from 1/24/11. I found it to be really enjoyable. I added it to my "must buy" list. Thanks!! Smoking a cigar, outside, in Illinois on 1/7 without freezing my ass off is amazing

Rob
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked and reviewed the Tatuaje Verocu' Black Tubo a couple days ago.... outta this world smoke that I absolutely loved! Thanks Dennis this really was quite the treat!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    RP edge maduro. So far so good with flavor draw and burn. Thanks again for the stick.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Man, I can't remember who sent this to me, I think it was Blurr, but it was a Padilla with about a year on it and it was fantastic!!!
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    Man, I can't remember who sent this to me, I think it was Blurr, but it was a Padilla with about a year on it and it was fantastic!!!
    what knid?
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    chemforever:
    OchoZacho:
    what knid?
    I saved the band but it's at home. Does a 1932 robusto sound right?
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    chemforever:
    OchoZacho:
    what knid?
    I saved the band but it's at home. Does a 1932 robusto sound right?
    yea that would be one of their better ones. Have to smoke another one of those soon and see how my box is aging.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Smoked my first JDN Antano.Came in a trade...Seriously loved that stick
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Smoked my first JDN Antano.Came in a trade from jj,...Seriously loved that stick
    fixed it, lol
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Lol sorry about that.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Was introduced to an awesome stick Ive never had by boydmcgowan - a little honey called the Origen Original. Goofy looking little thing, which I like... almost spliff-like, but with a "drunk guy who rolled em on the beach" sort of look to it too. LOL I was immediately smitten! Then I sparked it up and what do you know - perfect draw, fuller bodied stick, and was about a 45 minute smoke which all combines to make them a BIG WINNER for me!

The cherry on top? Boyd tells me they're easy on the wallet too! Going to find out just HOW easy on the wallet as soon as I hit the post button - thanks Boyd!!! :-)

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Was introduced to an awesome stick Ive never had by boydmcgowan - a little honey called the Origen Original. Goofy looking little thing, which I like... almost spliff-like, but with a "drunk guy who rolled em on the beach" sort of look to it too. LOL I was immediately smitten! Then I sparked it up and what do you know - perfect draw, fuller bodied stick, and was about a 45 minute smoke which all combines to make them a BIG WINNER for me!

The cherry on top? Boyd tells me they're easy on the wallet too! Going to find out just HOW easy on the wallet as soon as I hit the post button - thanks Boyd!!! :-)

I love those damn things. danielraus introduced me to em, and they stay in the rotation now. J. Fuego makes some really great sticks, and I would suggest trying more of his stuff... but honestly... the J. Fuego Origen Original is EASILY the best $1.50 cigar made! In my opinion, it doesn't even have any real competition. (I know we sometimes get really great sticks on a really great deal... but these babies are that price ALL THE TIME!)