Home General Discussion
Options

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Currently smoking a DPG Series JJ Maduro, and I'm impressed! I really like this stick, and will prob pick up more of them when I can find them at a decent price.

Thanks, Spencer, for sending this to me. I LOVE DPG cigars, and I am an official maduro ****, so this stick's right up my alley. I appreciate it a lot!
  • Options
    BigT06:
    The Sniper:
    Was introduced to an awesome stick Ive never had by boydmcgowan - a little honey called the Origen Original. Goofy looking little thing, which I like... almost spliff-like, but with a "drunk guy who rolled em on the beach" sort of look to it too. LOL I was immediately smitten! Then I sparked it up and what do you know - perfect draw, fuller bodied stick, and was about a 45 minute smoke which all combines to make them a BIG WINNER for me!

The cherry on top? Boyd tells me they're easy on the wallet too! Going to find out just HOW easy on the wallet as soon as I hit the post button - thanks Boyd!!! :-)

I love those damn things. danielraus introduced me to em, and they stay in the rotation now. J. Fuego makes some really great sticks, and I would suggest trying more of his stuff... but honestly... the J. Fuego Origen Original is EASILY the best $1.50 cigar made! In my opinion, it doesn't even have any real competition. (I know we sometimes get really great sticks on a really great deal... but these babies are that price ALL THE TIME!)
    +1 on the these. so good, priced right and a nice short smoke for when the time calls.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    StrongStyle:
    BigT06:
    The Sniper:
    Was introduced to an awesome stick Ive never had by boydmcgowan - a little honey called the Origen Original. Goofy looking little thing, which I like... almost spliff-like, but with a "drunk guy who rolled em on the beach" sort of look to it too. LOL I was immediately smitten! Then I sparked it up and what do you know - perfect draw, fuller bodied stick, and was about a 45 minute smoke which all combines to make them a BIG WINNER for me!

The cherry on top? Boyd tells me they're easy on the wallet too! Going to find out just HOW easy on the wallet as soon as I hit the post button - thanks Boyd!!! :-)

I love those damn things. danielraus introduced me to em, and they stay in the rotation now. J. Fuego makes some really great sticks, and I would suggest trying more of his stuff... but honestly... the J. Fuego Origen Original is EASILY the best $1.50 cigar made! In my opinion, it doesn't even have any real competition. (I know we sometimes get really great sticks on a really great deal... but these babies are that price ALL THE TIME!)
    +1 on the these. so good, priced right and a nice short smoke for when the time calls.
    this is the cigar that put J. Fuego on my radar. the 777 was next.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i am currently smoking a Pueblo Dominicano the BigT sent me. Review to be posted soon. thanks brother!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Smoked a Tatuaje La Casita Criolla this morning that Stephen gifted me awhile back. Great stick! Thanks again brother
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    My Mom passed away 2 years ago today, She was a kind, humble and simple woman with a huge heart. I could go on and on about how generous, thoughtful and loving she was. I still miss her so very much. Tonight gonna smoke my first Diamond Crown Maximus that I received from greg2648. Thank You
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Kid:
    My Mom passed away 2 years ago today, She was a kind, humble and simple woman with a huge heart. I could go on and on about how generous, thoughtful and loving she was. I still miss her so very much. Tonight gonna smoke my first Diamond Crown Maximus that I received from greg2648. Thank You
    Rudy I'm sorry to hear that brother! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today. Sounds like you have a great stick from a great bork to remember her with
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    The Kid:
    Rudy I'm sorry to hear that brother! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today. Sounds like you have a great stick from a great bork to remember her with
    Apologizes for your loss, Nice stick for a remembrance smoke!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    ENFIDL:
    The Kid:
    Thanks Guys! It was yesterday, but your words are timeless.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    MVW67:
    ENFIDL:
    The Kid:
    Thanks Guys! It was yesterday, but your words are timeless.
    This is why I am a member here. Rudy, I morn for your loss, but I pleased that you would smoke a cigar that I sent you, in her rememberance. Touching.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    kuzi16:
    StrongStyle:
    BigT06:
    The Sniper:

this is the cigar that put J. Fuego on my radar. the 777 was next.
    Just saw this Glen, your very welcome brother, just rrying to spread the love.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    The Kid:
    cigars are an amazing way to carve some time out and cherish the memories of those we've lost. Sorry for your loss man.
  • Options
    CvilleE sent me a Macanudo Vintage Maduro 1997.. My first one and Im very impressed,,Thank You CvilleE
  • Options
    Smoked another great Maduro today Arturo Fuente Short Story. Awesome stick! Thank You Zeebra!!!
  • Options
    Last night had a delicious Montecristo New York from Direwolf, starting of a short golf trip in Naples Florida, with a good cigar from a good botl.....!!!!
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Had a great cigar that Brett ( Irishman ) that he gifted me awhile back. Was my 1st & will NOT be my last. Thanks again brother!

Photobucket

Thanks again brother!
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    La pearla morado robusto. I don't know the age on it but i think I prefer the toro. Thanks for the stick brother!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoking a AJ second gave to me by MVW67 its a torp.? not sure but so far its great, thanks mike
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    Had a great cigar that Brett ( Irishman ) that he gifted me awhile back. Was my 1st & will NOT be my last. Thanks again brother!

Photobucket

Thanks again brother!
    No problem Aaron and glad you enjoyed it! The timestamp says enough, you will remain in one piece for the time being, but not too much longer :D
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Smoking an Oliva V Double Robusto from Spindrift wearing my new Drew Estate hat from him too...

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    Smoking an Oliva V Double Robusto from Spindrift wearing my new Drew Estate hat from him too...

Looking good Jimmy, the V is a terrific smoke, fantastic full bodied powerhouse, but I love most everything that comes from Oliva, glad you got to enjoy it!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    the Oliva V is as consistent as they come and great. I have a bunch of robusto and belicoso. Trying to find some #4 and lanceros to age.
  • Options
    A couple days back was my first cigar in over a week, money has hit the ultra tight and I can't even afford to walk into my lounge (doesn't sit ok with me to smoke my own sticks without buying something from the humi since he doesn't charge a member fee etc) and it's the dead of winter here in Colorado. Lit up a Gran Habano Azteca Robusto... delicious double-maddie with lots of smoked oak and leatehr and a full blast right in the face of the robust maduro sweetness. LOVED it and right up there with the Diesel UHC Torp for my go to maduro that I don't feel guilty to smoke without a special occasion lol. Thanks Aaron, d@mn glad I have another from your bomb you sent, thank you brother!
  • Options
    Definitely liking the V's a lot. Had the Churchill the other night over at Spindrift's place and he said it's one of the most consistent cigars from size to size and boy was he right.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    CvilleE sent me a Macanudo Vintage Maduro 1997.. My first one and Im very impressed,,Thank You CvilleE
    First time I checked this thread out in a while, glad you like this one as I did.....
  • Options
    Smoked a Montecristo New York and Kinky Freidmen Utopia both cigars from Direwolf!!!!! Great!!!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoking a padilla miami 8&11 lancero from icpleel , great smoke, what i read about these> The Padilla Miami 8 & 11 Lancero combines two of the hottest trends in cigars: the blending expertise of Don “Pepin” Garcia and the lancero shape.

The long and thin Lancero vitola (in the case of the Padilla Miami it is 7.5 inches long with a 42 ring gauge) has been making a comeback of late. The lancero was said to be one of Fidel Castro’s favorite sizes,

The “8 & 11? refers to the location of the factory where these cigars are produced: 8th Street and 11th Avenue. Since the cigar will no longer be made there, Padilla is dropping the “8 & 11? from the name and will simply being calling the continued line the “Padilla Miami.”) image
  • Options
    Smoked two from the Noob PiF bomb that CvilleE sent me the last couple nights. Had a Kristoff Criollo Robusto last night and a MOW Puro Authentico tonight. Both were really great cigars and I can see why everyone raves about those PAs now. Between the stuff he sent me, half of which I hadn't had the pleasure of smoking yet, and all the My Fathers that I got from Spindrift which I haven't tried yet it's been tough trying to decide what to smoke, lol. Thanks again guys.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Smoked three nice one lately all from JJ, CCOM Cuban Sun Grown Label impressed by it, Morro Castle always likey, and my first San Lotano Habano delicious, Thanks JJ for tasty treats!!!
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Smoked an Emilio Grumalkin from AMZ1301. Thanks again brother, amazing smoke!