Show off your Humi set-up

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's a very nice connection you got there brother
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    just a bump... this baby was going strong and I KNOW you guys got some good stuff from Xmas to show off... I didn't get any cigar stuff, but I scored a lot of scotch!

my bar is a little cluttered, but here they are... The Glenfiddich 15 was from my Mother-in-Law, The Glenrothes was from a secret santa thing we do with my wife's family, the Glenlivet 12 was from my Ccom Secret Santa (thanks Greg!) and the Jura 16 was from my wife... 4 bottles and man are they different... the Jura is probably my favorite, but they are all nice...

2012-01-02_08-44-29_84
    Never heard of Jura before, might have to check that out since the rest of your tastes look a lot like mine. Nice collection!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Ken Light:
    Never heard of Jura before, might have to check that out since the rest of your tastes look a lot like mine. Nice collection!
    I had never heard of it either, but it's really nice... my wife got me some Whiskey Stones, so that's how I've had the Jura... The stones are cool because they really focus the flavor of what you're drinking (doesn't get watered down)... but they don't get all THAT cold... I'll only be using them for the stuff I really like... I don't think i'd want to accentuate the flavors of a lower quality spirit...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Ken Light:
    I had never heard of it either, but it's really nice... my wife got me some Whiskey Stones, so that's how I've had the Jura... The stones are cool because they really focus the flavor of what you're drinking (doesn't get watered down)... but they don't get all THAT cold... I'll only be using them for the stuff I really like... I don't think i'd want to accentuate the flavors of a lower quality spirit...
    I got those a year or so ago, and I agree that they're for high quality only. First time I tried them was at my buddy's place in some Balvenie Doublewood. That stuff's so velvety/buttery that I don't need the cold as much. Just a crazy thought...you ever try putting the bottle in the fridge like a bottle of wine? I haven't, but I can't see any reason not to except that I'm too terrified to destroy a good bottle!
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Some people love Jura, and some people hate it.

Personally, I hate it, and if I want a scotch with some saline/nautical notes, I will go with either Bunnahabhain 12 and Bruichladdich 12...

Both are much more complex, much more balanced, and frankly, more enjoyable. At least, that is my opinion.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    robbyras:
    Ken Light:
    I got those a year or so ago, and I agree that they're for high quality only. First time I tried them was at my buddy's place in some Balvenie Doublewood. That stuff's so velvety/buttery that I don't need the cold as much. Just a crazy thought...you ever try putting the bottle in the fridge like a bottle of wine? I haven't, but I can't see any reason not to except that I'm too terrified to destroy a good bottle!
    I've thought the same thing.. might have to research that a little...
  • Options
    "Research" is definitely in order. Cheers to research! Hahahha
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Picked up a new humi (new to me, could be old)....now all I need is more cigars!

You might notice that there is no shelf in this one. That may be because of the age of this humidor. The 'story' is that it comes from an antiques dealer that was closing and the person who got this didn't smoke cigars. I picked it up for a good price. Yes, it really is as wide as my kitchen chair! The wood is MUCH thicker than any of my other humidors. I tried it out with some of my biggest ISOM sticks (Sublimes, Esplendidos, Behike, San Cristobal...) and I can fit 65 big sticks, or over 100 regular sized.

• Options
    camgfs:
    Picked up a new humi (new to me, could be old)....now all I need is more cigars!

You might notice that there is no shelf in this one. That may be because of the age of this humidor. The 'story' is that it comes from an antiques dealer that was closing and the person who got this didn't smoke cigars. I picked it up for a good price. Yes, it really is as wide as my kitchen chair! The wood is MUCH thicker than any of my other humidors. I tried it out with some of my biggest ISOM sticks (Sublimes, Esplendidos, Behike, San Cristobal...) and I can fit 65 big sticks, or over 100 regular sized.

that thing is sexy...really nice
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    Here's my setup: Custom humidor cabinet. Top half holds 120-130 cigars (40+ on each tray and 40+ in the drawer), bottom half holds boxes and has the humicare EH to control it. Outside overview image Boxes Cabinet imageimage
  • Options
    Top Shelf

Bottom Shelf

Middle Drawer
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That cabinet is awesome! So jealous so very jealous!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Ok that's it. I'm never looking at this thread again lol
  • Options
    Holy crap mweber, sweet setup! Gotta step up my game.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Ok that's it. I'm never looking at this thread again lol
    HA!
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Holy crap mweber, sweet setup! Gotta step up my game.
    hahahaha Thanks! I had to go through and reorganize things a bit after christmas. I need to start smoking more of them now!
  • Options
    greg2648:
    Keeping in mind that I have only been involved for three months, here are the pictures of my cabinet. I also keep a 150 ct. humidore for exotics and I have a 150 ct. tupperdore for dog rockets. The cabinet will hold about 1200 total. It is about half full at this point.

Great looking setup Greg!!!!!
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    This is my first humidor and larger cigar purchase. I have another 20 cigars on their way.

Any thoughts about how I have it set up, with 3 drymistat tubes AND the foam that came with the humidor?

What about how I have the drymistats separated from the cigars by the dividers?

Also, do I even need to have the paper towels underneath those tubes?

• Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I am jealous of all lol
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bumpity bump
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Yo Rob whatcha got in the Crystal jar?
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    One day greg...one day I will beat you..
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    inside
    Still my favorite herf-a-do!
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    I have nothing like you all have, but I'm proud of my new 100 count humidor! imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Current as of today (22 Jan 12):

And for overflow...

I also have a 500 ct Indulgence End Table that my wife religiously checks every 2 weeks while I'm gone.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:

And for overflow...

I also have a 500 ct Indulgence End Table that my wife religiously checks every 2 weeks while I'm gone.

Some Great looking sticks, nice selection!!!!
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    The Kid:
    Steve2010:

And for overflow...

That's how you travel in style.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Steve2010:

And for overflow...

Thanks. I feel so inadequate having the small humidors at work with me here, but
    1) I can't justify anything much larger
    2) No one will ship a 250 ct or larger over here anyway, so...
    I try for quality over quantity.

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    The Kid:
    Steve2010:

And for overflow...

Thanks. I feel so inadequate having the small humidors at work with me here, but
    1) I can't justify anything much larger
    2) No one will ship a 250 ct or larger over here anyway, so...
    I try for quality over quantity.

That, my friend, is a great selection of cigars. I find myself a little jealous. Take care and Thank You for your service.
  • Options
    Thank you sir, for your support!