Home General Discussion
Options

anyone have pics of your humidor setups?

i was wondering if people wouldnt mind posting there humidor pics?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    There are a few pics of mine on pp. 6 & 7 of this thread.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a few from a while ago here .
    there are a few more opus a fer more anejo and a few less gurkha now. the smoking humidor thats in that thread has rolled over a bit also.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Hmmm....i noticed that some sticks are in their cello and some arent. Why is that?
  • Options
    In my case, the ones not in cello never had cello.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    And in my case, though I don't have the pics to reference, I went through a weird phase where I was convinced that taking the cellophane off was the best idea...several cracks and chips later...Moral of that story, I only remove the cello right before I smoke.
  • Options
    I went through much the same learning experience with books and dust jackets, years ago. For a long time, every time I bought a hardcover book, I took the dust jacket off and threw it away; the damn things are just in the way, anyway. Over the years, though, I came to appreciate their usefulness.

That and I finally realized that, rather than throwing it away, I could take it off while I read the book, then put it back on. I'm clever that way.
  • Options
    urbino:
    In my case, the ones not in cello never had cello.
    same here. or they did and the cello was taken off by the person who sent them to me.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I would post, but still haven't figured out how to post pictures here. Stupid HTML
  • Options
    http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/jkrism89/Cigars/2-091.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/jkrism89/Cigars/2-092.jpg

I also have a Gurkha Grand Reserve that I store separately.

vankleekkw:
    I would post, but still haven't figured out how to post pictures here. Stupid HTML
    I usually just post the links. I tried the [ img ] tags but they don't seem to work right.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    That and I finally realized that, rather than throwing it away, I could take it off while I read the book, then put it back on. I'm clever that way.
    This is what I've always done. I hate the dust jackets. I get very irritated when I sit down with a book and then realize I forgot to (take the dust) jacket off.

I never put the cello back on a cigar after I've smoked it.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I'll post up after I get my new humi in and seasoned... probably by the end of the week. To make things interesting, I will say that I've started to assemble minor ordnance for later dispatch to parties yet to be named.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had some pics around here somewhere... I'll be sure to update that when I get my new humi, I'm way overfilled with cigars...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ...and no I don't need any help smoking them =)
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    vankleekkw:
    Just put [img.]http://www.whateveryourimgispostedon.com[/img.] and you should be good. Just take the periods out of the brackets.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just got in my new 150 count humi, seasoning it now. As soon as it is ready to go I will get pics of it and my aging humidor up.
  • Options
    Here's my set up:

My "at-work" humidor:

Inside:

My infused sticks humi:

My main humidor:

Layer 1:

Layer 2:

Layer 3:

Tray (pay no attention to the hygro, it dropped as a result of having it out for a while to take the pics), this is where I have my Habano-tasting lineup:

My aging humidor:

Layer 1:

Layer 2:

And finally, this a birthday present for my best friend, he doesn't smoke alot, but enough to justify having his own humidor:

Let me know what you think!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nice set up and selection of sticks Tony ----Your best friend is going to love that present ...
  • Options
    sspl01sspl01 Posts: 11
    Hi,
    The all posted pics are very interesting and very informative here.I admire all the collection.

kim

• Options
    gmill880:
    Nice set up and selection of sticks Tony ----Your best friend is going to love that present ...
    He better, this is one of the few times when you give a gift and really mean it when you say, "If you don't like it, I'll take it back!"
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Very nice set up you got there! I need to try to take some shots on mine this weekend and post them. I have been wanting to do that for a while but never think about it, or I'm in the middle of something when I do think about it. I'm getting a pretty good variety built up.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Jealous of that setup Tony, how big is that RP on the right side of the 3rd layer of your 150cnt humi? Thing is massive!
  • Options
    geeeez! gurkhas and RP's mingling in the same humidor! what is this world coming to!!
  • Options
    Garen B:
    Jealous of that setup Tony, how big is that RP on the right side of the 3rd layer of your 150cnt humi? Thing is massive!
    It's a Lancero, you just can't tell how skinny it is cuz the picture got cut off, lol.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Pretty nice collection.. It looks like you have hit on nearly every taste and profile.. Where are the Fuentes ??
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    What do you think of the "Legends copper label"?
  • Options
    leonard:
    What do you think of the "Legends copper label"?
    I love them, very mellow and the "infused" taste isn't too overbearing, almost like a very light peach taste. Awesome for relaxing and bullsh1tting with your buddies.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Pretty nice collection.. It looks like you have hit on nearly every taste and profile.. Where are the Fuentes ??
    I have had a few 8-5-8's and Curly Heads, but those were all buy & smoke sticks for me. I have to dive into the Hemmingways or any of the other AF lines.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I would say, no humidor is complete without a few Fuentes cigars in it. I saw what looks like Diamond Crowns which Carlos Fuentes is a part of, but the Fuentes Cigars is one that must not be missed.
  • Options
    I know, I know, lol. I am going to a rather large B&M while I am on leave, and from what I hear they have really good prices and a great selection, so I will almost definately be picking up a few Hemmingways and maybe even a few of the high end sticks.