Home General Discussion
Options

anyone have pics of your humidor setups?

Comments

• Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    I Jealous! LOL! Very nice, nice presentation, nice stash, they look a lot better with the cello left on them. Very nice!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    What is that 777 Puro-don't think i've seen that before
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Ok heres a few pictures of my main humi...

top section:
    main humidor

middle tray:
    main humidor

bottom section:
    main humidor
  • Options
    Excellent selection bassman !!! Nice humi
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I agree nicely done. I see a lot of my favs in there. I have yet to light up the dp jj or any of the perdomo's but. I should have one or two this weekend. oh so many cigars so little time....
  • Options
    niz33niz33 Posts: 83
    Very nice humi I love those Oliva V and those VSG. I have bot had the chanse or the mobey to try the God of Fire.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    I'm not really sure. A buddy of mine won a box of them at an event and gave me a few. I know they are made by Jesus Fuego. He is the guy that blended the Edge for RP and he says the 777 is better, but I don't agree with him on that one. Thats the only one I have left. I've also added 5 of the DPG Cuban Classics since those pics were taken.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Very nice looking set up.. Have you tried any of the illusione cigars yet.. I see you have a 777 which I liked very much.. I have others that have been sitting for almost a year now. I look forward to smoking soon.
    No, I have not tried the illusione yet. I've heard good things about them but I haven't picked any up at the shop yet.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    I'm not really sure. A buddy of mine won a box of them at an event and gave me a few. I know they are made by Jesus Fuego. He is the guy that blended the Edge for RP and he says the 777 is better, but I don't agree with him on that one. Thats the only one I have left. I've also added 5 of the DPG Cuban Classics since those pics were taken.

thanks for the info
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    bass8844:

top section:

middle tray:

bottom section:
    nice humi bass! do you have any pics of the outside of it? How many does it hold?
  • Options
    brc81:
    bass8844:

top section:

middle tray:

bottom section:
    nice humi bass! do you have any pics of the outside of it? How many does it hold?

I swear I've seen somebody else post pictures of the same humi...i"ll try and get one up when I get a chance. Its supposed to be a 500 capacity...not sure how accurate that is, I haven't actually counted em!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    they are usually off by about -10% - 20%

unless you only smoke caronas.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong Bass, but do you have 3 humidification methods in there? It looks like the Oasis, a rectangle humidifier with beads and 2 bowls with beads. Do you need that much to maintain the humidity in that thing. It wouldn't surprise me if you did but I wanted to ask.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    over kill sometimes wont hurt.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Correct me if I'm wrong Bass, but do you have 3 humidification methods in there? It looks like the Oasis, a rectangle humidifier with beads and 2 bowls with beads. Do you need that much to maintain the humidity in that thing. It wouldn't surprise me if you did but I wanted to ask.
    I noticed that too, I thought it might be a bit overkill, but if it keeps it where he wants it then I wouldn't see why it would be a problem, better safe than sorry right?

That is a great looking stash of smokes too!
  • Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    Wow.  After seeing some of the awesome setups and collections that people have, I feel like my setup is.... inadequate.

But in any case, here it is.  Just stocked up during Holt's buy-4-get-1-free sale before SCHIP. 

• Options
    PuroFreak:
    rdnstn:
    I noticed that too, I thought it might be a bit overkill, but if it keeps it where he wants it then I wouldn't see why it would be a problem, better safe than sorry right?

That is a great looking stash of smokes too!
    Thanks...
    I've always heard that too many beads doesn't hurt, so I tried to put as much as I could fit in there.
    I try to keep the beads lightly charged, and with the cigar oasis in there, if I need extra humidification I figure I got it covered.

I've been pretty happy with the results so far...I've had this set up running for a few months now and its maintained a consistant humidity level of 65, +/- 1 percent.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Yo, Kent.. that's a pretty fine looking setup you got there. Pretty filled up and everything, and we're all envious of that giant stash of Hemingways.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Yo, Kent.. that's a pretty fine looking setup you got there. Pretty filled up and everything, and we're all envious of that giant stash of Hemingways.
    Yea, that is a great stash and it looks like a nice stash of the Hemmingway Maduros too! Those are hard as hell to find around here!
  • Options
    dutyje:
    my squirrel squishing nemesis is right, those hemingways are really good.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Man, look at all those yummy hemingways. Mmm....................................................
  • Options
    I see you also have a AB tempus in there, FYI, let it sit for a few months. I had one a day or so ago from a 5er I picked up, and it wasn't nearly as tasty as the one I had from my shop. The owner said he'd had them for like almost a year in a 67RH room.
  • Options
    Nice setup and smokes Kent
  • Options
    Here is my setup (Thompson's 150ct Humi w/built in digital meter) i have about 85 cigars right now... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/aquadgio1/102_1300.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/aquadgio1/102_1304.jpg
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Man, you guys are so organized. Here's my setup: Main humi: image Backup: image And finally the coolerdor:image
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    When I die, I'd like to go to the right edge of your humi. Padron 26, La Cuna 85, R&J Reserva Real, Fuente Hemingway. Sounds like heaven to me.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    urbino:
    When I die, I'd like to go to the right edge of your humi. Padron 26, La Cuna 85, R&J Reserva Real, Fuente Hemingway. Sounds like heaven to me.
    Nah, no Hemingways right now. It's a Partagas S Perfecto that's rolled onto its side. I do have a box of Don Carlos hiding in the coolerdor that still has the shrinkwrap on it, but no Hemingways. Might need to pick up a few, however, as it's been a really long time since I had one and I do remember that I like em!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The Don Carlos will do nicely, too. I've got most of a box of 'em, myself.
  • Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    Thanks for the comments guys.  I really love the Arturo Fuente Hemingways.  LOVE em.

I used to smoke just the Signature size, but have quickly developed a taste for the Short Story size.  I am lucky that I live close to Holt's in downtown Philadelphia, which seems to have a huge supply or rare cigars (where I got the Hemingway Maduros)

Today, I picked up a few more cigars, to round out my humidor:
    And now, my humidor is happy.  Today, I picked up:
    • 4x Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
    • 2x Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro
    • 2x Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo (Robusto size)
    • 1x Ashton VSG Belicoso #1 (approximately a torpedo) - Never had one before, but heard it is a must try.

• Options
    thebody52thebody52 Posts: 16
    Just finished seasoning and trying to get the humidor with all of the cigars set up... Geneve 500 ct humidor... a thing of beauty... heres the top shelf of the humidor... the bottom two shelves house some lesser quality cigars I bought before I got serious about cigars...

There is a pull out drawer that I am still seasoning...

The sticks without bands are Perdomo ESV 91 seconds... whoever recommended them on here was spot on!