• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Nephews 2nd bday... First two tri tips
    Then some yellow Mexican BBQ chicken
    Twice baked potatoes
    Mickey mouse cupcakes image
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about time you posted your ish on here D!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    It's about time you posted your ish on here D!
    i could start my own thread man... I don't post alot of stuff to just because I'm bored. Only whn I'm excited to eat do I normally do the instagram thing. Boring to me is what most people pay $30 a plate for.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Pizza Pasta.

I want that recipe, man. Looks delicious, and my kids might eat it.

Pork loin roast with a homemade teriyaki glaze. Mashed potato (homemade of course). Salad.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    PM incoming.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Pizza Pasta.

Pork loin roast with a homemade teriyaki glaze. Mashed potato (homemade of course). Salad.
    Can i get the recipe too?
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Pizza Pasta.

Can i get the recipe too?
    Yup. I need to clarify, it is NOT pasta...shows how much I listen to my wife. It's just like...pizza..in a pan...but better. Hard to explain? When she gets home, I'll get the recipe and PM it to you both.
  • Options
    Tonight was baked chicken and rice. Comfort food, bay-bee.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Martel:
    Tonight was baked chicken and rice. Comfort food, bay-bee.
    Hey, that's what we had last night. Tonight we ate light - just fruit salad with vanila yogurt.
  • Options
    JDH:
    Hey, that's what we had last night. Tonight we ate light - just fruit salad with vanila yogurt.

If your chicken and rice is like ours, you need to eat light the next day! It swims in cream soup goodness and is terribly unhealthy, but oh so good, and easy to make. We use a large, deep, 9x13 (it might be bigger) baking dish. In the bottom goes 2 C. of uncooked rice, spread evenly. On top of the rice goes 6-8 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can use pieces, but my wife hates skin and bones). In a separate bowl, mix two cans cream of mushroom soup, 2 packets of onion soup mix, and 3 cups water. Stir those together and pour over chicken and rice, making sure all the rice gets covered (you might just about overflow the dish). Cover and stick in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours or so. Eat, enjoy, get fat and happy.

• Options
    Martel:
    JDH:

If your chicken and rice is like ours, you need to eat light the next day! It swims in cream soup goodness and is terribly unhealthy, but oh so good, and easy to make. We use a large, deep, 9x13 (it might be bigger) baking dish. In the bottom goes 2 C. of uncooked rice, spread evenly. On top of the rice goes 6-8 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can use pieces, but my wife hates skin and bones). In a separate bowl, mix two cans cream of mushroom soup, 2 packets of onion soup mix, and 3 cups water. Stir those together and pour over chicken and rice, making sure all the rice gets covered (you might just about overflow the dish). Cover and stick in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours or so. Eat, enjoy, get fat and happy.
    It's really similar, except instead of the cream of mushroom soup, she makes a white sauce out of sour cream, butter, the onionsoup mix and half & half, and adds some of our homegrown stewed tomatoes, and then she sprinkles grated Kerry Gold cheese on top of that with some bite sized bread crusts sprinkled on top. She bakes it until the cheese gets crispy. The portion of the caserole is for two - yours is for more than that - but still...pretty good stuff.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've thought about making a homemade cream sauce, but this is how my wife's family made it, and sometimes you just don't mess with things like that. Oh, and the kids like it, so why mess with success? I would like the tomatoes, cheese, and bread; not sure about the rest of the family. And yeah, our recipe is technically doubled, mostly because there would be too much fighting over who got the most rice on their plate by the time it ran out...this way there's plenty, and leftovers for today!

• Options
    Martel:
    Yeah, I've thought about making a homemade cream sauce, but this is how my wife's family made it, and sometimes you just don't mess with things like that. Oh, and the kids like it, so why mess with success? I would like the tomatoes, cheese, and bread; not sure about the rest of the family. And yeah, our recipe is technically doubled, mostly because there would be too much fighting over who got the most rice on their plate by the time it ran out...this way there's plenty, and leftovers for today!
    You could always try it just once.....who knows they just might like it....and if they don't, you aren't really out much.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    last night the wife made bacon wrapped meatloaf cupcakes with mashed tater topping! they were amazing!!
  • Options
    that does sound amazing! Bacon is my favorite food, and makes just about any other food better!

• Options
    Martel:
    that does sound amazing! Bacon is my favorite food, and makes just about any other food better!
    Aint it the truth. My wife says that if she puts enough bacon, butter, sauteed onions, and wine in it she could have me eating just about anything.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Martel:
    Aint it the truth. My wife says that if she puts enough bacon, butter, sauteed onions, and wine in it she could have me eating just about anything.
    thats the truth!!
  • Options
    JDH:
    Martel:

amen

• Options
    Reviving this after a couple of weeks.

Last night we tried our famous beef-stew recipe with a twist...we made it in the crock pot. It was good; not much different from how we normally do it, but it did create some extra dishes. It's a one pot dish on the stove, but I had to pre-cook some things and brown the meat before adding to the slow cooker.

The worst part about the meal? I expected the temperature to drop, but the weather front held off and we were eating stew at 70 degrees outside. Oh, well.

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caprese burgers last night.

1) For burger patties (makes 4 patties), mix:
    1 1/3 lb ground beef (I used 1/2 ground beef, 1/2 bulk sausage)
    1 tbsp tomato paste
    1/4 C chopped fresh basil (didn't have fresh, I used dried)
    1/4 C chopped fresh oregano
    1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese (I cut this in half, because we had a very strong parm ... not the processed pre-grated kind like Kraft sells)
    1 clove minced garlic (I used 2, love garlic)
    1/4 teaspoon pepper

2) Cut thick slices of tomato, mix with equal parts EVOO & Balsamic Vinegar -- add dried oregano & basil and S&P to taste. Let marinade for at least 15 minutes for best results.

3) Lightly oil grill grates - cook patties about 5 min/side on med-high heat for well done burgers.
    Top with thick slices of fresh mozzarella, leave on grill for about 2 minutes to melt the cheese.

4) Serve burgers on fresh ciabatta bread (for best flavor, spray with EVOO and toast bread on grill for 1-2 minutes)
    Top burgers with arugula and marinaded tomato slices.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Those look good, when are you eating?

For my family, tonight is Pizza, Pizza night. No one wants to cook around here at the moment.

• Options
    Since pizza was just too easy, I got up early to make this for the family...

pre-flip

post-flip

sliced to serve

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Those look good, when are you eating?

For my family, tonight is Pizza, Pizza night. No one wants to cook around here at the moment.
    Thanks !! Those were 2 nights ago, and they turned out much better than I expected (wife was very surprised too, LOL)

Had some extra ground beef & sausage left from the burgers, so last night I made meatballs (with similar spices as the burger recipe) .... and grilled those (for wife) along with some chicken wings (for me).

And NICE breakfast spread! Lookin' great. I had some cold cereal this morning so that's making me hungry!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Recipe for the Apple Oven Puff Pancake is super easy, too.

Ingredients:

2 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    3 eggs, beaten and room temperature
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour or bread flour*
    1/2 cup milk, room temperature
    1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    7 tablespoons butter

*The high gluten in the Bread flour helps the pancake rise. All-purpose flour may be used, but the Bread flour will "puff" more and look awesome!

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425° F. Place oven rack on the middle rack of your oven.

In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, salt, flour, milk, and vanilla extract; beat until batter is smooth (the batter will be thin, but very smooth and creamy); set aside.

In a large heavy ovenproof frying pan or a cast-iron skillet (I like to use my 10-inch cast-iron skillet) over medium heat, melt butter, tilting pan to cover sides. Add apples and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Stir and let cook for 5 to 7 minutes to slightly cook the apple slices; remove from heat.

Pour prepared batter over apples into baking pan. Place pan in preheated oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until puffed above sides of the pan and lightly browned (it may puff irregularly in the center); remove from oven. (You might want to place a cookie sheet on the rack under the pancake to catch spill-over. This morning, I only had one apple fall out, but sometimes a lot come spilling out, and they'll burn, stink, and stick in your oven if they hit the bottom.)

Remove pancake from the baking pan by flipping upside down onto a serving platter (apples and cinnamon will be on top). Once out of the oven, the pancake will begin to deflate. To serve, cut into serving-size wedges and transfer to individual serving plates.

• Options
    Tonight I made a homemade cheddar and asparagus soup. Kind of "meh" on flavor. Needed bacon.

• Options
    Martel:
    Tonight I made a homemade cheddar and asparagus soup. Kind of "meh" on flavor. Needed bacon.
    Bacon cures all.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Recipe for the Apple Oven Puff Pancake is super easy, too.

Ingredients:

2 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    3 eggs, beaten and room temperature
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour or bread flour*
    1/2 cup milk, room temperature
    1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    7 tablespoons butter

*The high gluten in the Bread flour helps the pancake rise. All-purpose flour may be used, but the Bread flour will "puff" more and look awesome!

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425° F. Place oven rack on the middle rack of your oven.

In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, salt, flour, milk, and vanilla extract; beat until batter is smooth (the batter will be thin, but very smooth and creamy); set aside.

In a large heavy ovenproof frying pan or a cast-iron skillet (I like to use my 10-inch cast-iron skillet) over medium heat, melt butter, tilting pan to cover sides. Add apples and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Stir and let cook for 5 to 7 minutes to slightly cook the apple slices; remove from heat.

Pour prepared batter over apples into baking pan. Place pan in preheated oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until puffed above sides of the pan and lightly browned (it may puff irregularly in the center); remove from oven. (You might want to place a cookie sheet on the rack under the pancake to catch spill-over. This morning, I only had one apple fall out, but sometimes a lot come spilling out, and they'll burn, stink, and stick in your oven if they hit the bottom.)

Remove pancake from the baking pan by flipping upside down onto a serving platter (apples and cinnamon will be on top). Once out of the oven, the pancake will begin to deflate. To serve, cut into serving-size wedges and transfer to individual serving plates.

This sounds and looks really good,, gonna try this after I pick up the bread flour... Thanks
    Had chicken stirfry,, bellpepper, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and chicken of course. Finish it with some Panda Express Kung Pao Sauce and peanuts,, add a few dried hot red peppers for heat.. serve over white rice.
  • Options
    Kid, if you have all purpose, you can give it a shot; the bread flour is slightly more spectacular, but ap flour works fine. We just always have the bread flour on hand because we use our bread maker quite a bit.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Kid, if you have all purpose, you can give it a shot; the bread flour is slightly more spectacular, but ap flour works fine. We just always have the bread flour on hand because we use our bread maker quite a bit.
    I'ts cool as I dont have the apples either,, unless I was to use canned apple pie filling