Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Thank ya! It was soo easy and delish
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    What about the recipe Nikki? Thanks in advance.
    WhoDeyGal:
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    That soup looks great! And, Shizz, love fish tacos. Went out for those tonight.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    rzaman:
    What about the recipe Nikki? Thanks in advance.
    WhoDeyGal:

Enjoy!
    http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/171098794/creamy-tomato-tortellini-soup/
    Thanks, Nikki! Bet this warms you right up in Kettering! I have a cousin who lives there posting on fb about the winter weather advisory there...stay warm! Eat good food.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Martel:
    Thanks, Nikki! Bet this warms you right up in Kettering! I have a cousin who lives there posting on fb about the winter weather advisory there...stay warm! Eat good food.
    You're welcome. And yes it's definitely beyond cold enough here! But like you said perfect for soup :)
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    My wife wanted me to make dinner for her tonight. I haven't cooked over a month so I cooked jumbo shrimp, Sea Bass with lemon sauce, vegetable mushroom with white pepper and white wine sauce and mixed vegetables. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks yummy Rip. love the Sea Bass and everything else!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    i made a pot of shrimp gumbo with andouille sausage last night! mmm mmm good
    Rip's and Reggie's both sound yummy.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homemade Chinese food??image
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I just had two burrito supremes from Taco Bell. Now I know you’re thinking “who cares?” you can get those anytime…BUT I don’t live in the US so having some Taco Bell is quite the treat!!!!!!!!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mfotis:
    I just had two burrito supremes from Taco Bell. Now I know you’re thinking “who cares?” you can get those anytime…BUT I don’t live in the US so having some Taco Bell is quite the treat!!!!!!!!
    should have tried the Doritoes tacos, I love this things.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

Gal - That looks delicious! Can I get your recipe? Shoot me a PM or put on here. Maybe others would like too. Thanks
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Homemade waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, and a Ice House... Take my big kids back to the Heinous One... and Wild Turkey Time. Would have had it at dinner, but driving and crazy individuals on ice.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Mushroom, onion, and swiss cheeseburger with a side of tater tots and a hot pickle and a tasty Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA to wash it all down. Yummmm
    pelirrojo:
    Mushroom, onion, and swiss cheeseburger with a side of tater tots and a hot pickle and a tasty Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA to wash it all down. Yummmm
    Man...sounds good!!
    Dark Roast:
    WhoDeyGal:

Gal - That looks delicious! Can I get your recipe? Shoot me a PM or put on here. Maybe others would like too. Thanks
    Enjoy, Roast :)
    It's been quiet on the cooking front in our house...we're having brinner with some friends tonight. Yum. Last night was dad's choice, and I went for something easy with sloppy joes and tater tots. I did make some buttery herb spaghetti squash with it, too. My wife is watching carbs and didn't want the buns (they go straight to her buns she thinks).

The last major meal I made was last week; my wife was so impressed she took photos and sent them to her friends. If I can get copies, I'll post them. It consisted of lighlty dredged pan-fried lemon-herb chicken *** tenders served over wilted lettuce and a pan sauce with oven roasted broccoli with walnuts on the side. It was supposed to be low carb for her, but she was way down on her carb count for the day and her blood glucose was low (she's been Type I since she was 8) so I threw in some frozen Sister Schubert's dinner rolls at the last minute, too. Those things are loaded with carbs!

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    It's been quiet on the cooking front in our house...we're having brinner with some friends tonight. Yum. Last night was dad's choice, and I went for something easy with sloppy joes and tater tots. I did make some buttery herb spaghetti squash with it, too. My wife is watching carbs and didn't want the buns (they go straight to her buns she thinks).

The last major meal I made was last week; my wife was so impressed she took photos and sent them to her friends. If I can get copies, I'll post them. It consisted of lighlty dredged pan-fried lemon-herb chicken *** tenders served over wilted lettuce and a pan sauce with oven roasted broccoli with walnuts on the side. It was supposed to be low carb for her, but she was way down on her carb count for the day and her blood glucose was low (she's been Type I since she was 8) so I threw in some frozen Sister Schubert's dinner rolls at the last minute, too. Those things are loaded with carbs!
    Damn brother!!! You sure know how to make my mouth water!!

Love lemon-herb chicken ... there's a restaurant nearby that serves a similar dish to what you made, love it! I order it every time we go there --- great combo of flavors.

We kept it simple last night -- and we've been trying to eat healthier the last couple weeks --- so just had roasted veggies and rice.
    Roasted parsnips, carrots, and kale in the oven, seasoned with a little olive oil, S&P, oregano and rosemary. Then cooked up some white rice and mixed that with extra sharp cheddar cheese and green onions. Other than the cheddar it was a pretty healthy dinner, and surprisingly filling.

Had some extra cheesy rice, so tonight we're going to make some sausages and veggies, and have those with the rest of the rice.
    Then tomorrow we got home made chicken pot pies on the menu!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Martel:

Damn brother!!! You sure know how to make my mouth water!!

Love lemon-herb chicken ... there's a restaurant nearby that serves a similar dish to what you made, love it! I order it every time we go there --- great combo of flavors.

We kept it simple last night -- and we've been trying to eat healthier the last couple weeks --- so just had roasted veggies and rice.
    Roasted parsnips, carrots, and kale in the oven, seasoned with a little olive oil, S&P, oregano and rosemary. Then cooked up some white rice and mixed that with extra sharp cheddar cheese and green onions. Other than the cheddar it was a pretty healthy dinner, and surprisingly filling.

Had some extra cheesy rice, so tonight we're going to make some sausages and veggies, and have those with the rest of the rice.
    Then tomorrow we got home made chicken pot pies on the menu!

I like to cook, and we all like to eat!
    btw, I meant wilted spinach, not lettuce, on that last post. I really liked the dredged and fried lemon-herb over an oven baked for some reason. Don't need much oil or flour, but it gets a nice crisp, and the tenders or some thin cutlets cook up nicely in the pan. And I forgot, I served caramelized red onions over the top of the chicken, too.

And I laugh over the asterisks over my choice of word to represent the white meat.

• mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    mfotis:

Tried that last time I was stateside and I wasnt a big fan...but either way, the only thing better than day old Taco Bell is..............Fresh Taco Bell!!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ...I like taco bell, however I hate they throw barely any meat and cheese in their tacos.
    wifes makin homemade tacos tonight!!
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    Dark Roast:
    WhoDeyGal:

Enjoy, Roast :)
    Thanks Gal - Cant wait to make for the family.
    Damn you all!! I'm trying to diet here!
    Rhamlin:
    Have you tried the cool ranch dorito tacos yet???

I had the nacho cheese ones a couple times, they weren't bad --- but I couldn't taste much difference from their regular hard shell tacos ....
    Hoping the cool ranch ones "wow" me a little more.

• pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Man cool ranch doritos are the crack of the chip world... I may have to investigate this taco.
    pelirrojo:
    Man cool ranch doritos are the crack of the chip world... I may have to investigate this taco.
    i have been hearing rumors of this since last spring! is it out yet?
    reggie713:
    pelirrojo:
    i have been hearing rumors of this since last spring! is it out yet?
    IDK, haven't been to T-Bell in quite some time....
    Been seeing lots of commercials for it though recently, so if it's not here yet --- I'd assume it'll be out soon.