Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homemade chicken tenders and French fries. Right from the bag:)
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Homemade chicken tenders and French fries. Right from the bag:)
    Lol!! Honey ham, rolls, green beans, and seasoned potatoes mmm. So much left over ham.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Shrimp Creole and Artichoke. Oh, and a nice Merlot. Oh, and followed by a San Lotano Habano toro.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Shrimp Creole and Artichoke. Oh, and a nice Merlot. Oh, and followed by a San Lotano Habano toro.
    That's a good dinner, right there!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Had stuffed bell peppers over orzo with David Stone Chardonnay.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Bigshizza:
    xmacro:
    Nutrisystem, Chicken and Dumplings. Not the best tasting stuff, but as far as microwave meals go (healthy or unhealthy), it's surprisingly good, they did a good job making this stuff palatable. Lost 10 lbs so far on it; got about 20 more to go.
    I've been doing Weight Watchers for 2 months and I'm down 24lbs...but, I've still got about 50 more to go! Good luck with your journey.
    Same to you. Not a whole lot of fun giving up my favorite foods, but the results are great. With the diet and exercise, I look better, feel better and sleep better now. Can't argue with results.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    So tonight I made chipotle crusted pork tenderloin, garlic smashed red potatoes in the crock pot and steamed Brussels sprouts. Everything came out delicious.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Chili slaw dogs w diced jalapenos w tater tots on the side. I'm fancy like that.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not dinner, but I'll share "what's for lunch" .....

Brisket soup concoction. Got a southwest flavor to it, not quite mexican, not quite tex-mex....think more like Santa Fe.

We had to do something with the (little bit of) leftover brisket from the smoker on Saturday....so cut that up, and tossed it in a big pot with some corn, black beans, onion, garlic, tomatoes/juice, lime juice, and some extra brisket dry rub seasoning....
    Let it simmer all afternoon ---- mmm mmm mmm delcious.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Frikin Degornoes pizza. God I will be glad when we get our cooks back on the boats.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Thai style jumbo shrimp fried rice with Chinese style spicy tofu & Salmon: photo Gigante13001_zps8d58e6f6.jpg photo Gigante13028_zps4580a82d.jpg
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I have the same pans for non stick. Love those things man...
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Pork chops with vinegar peppers and potatoes last night
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Rotisserie chicken, steamed broccoli and some Parmesan cous cous ............for tomorrow night grilled boneless center cut pork chops, steamed asparagus and homemade Mac n cheese......
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    last night was a baked chicken with a few fixings, tonight is bbq pasta using some of the leftover chicken, bacon, pasta, and some bbq sauce from a local place, it was a very good idea!
    Ribeye Steak with watermelon and Goat cheese salad:
    photo Gigante13016_zps618bed6a.jpg photo Gigante13017_zpsf1ce302c.jpg
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Bacon wrapped filet with Gorgonzola crumbles. The sauce was carmelized onions, garlic, with cream Gorgonzola, Pinot Grigio, and sweet basil. I love eating steak and potatoes like this every once in a while. image
    Baby back ribs so tender I could barely keep them together taking them off the grill. Corn on the cob, new potatoes with green beans. Rolls and made from scratch chocolate pie. I am so frikin stuffed.
    South African Lobster tails & Indonesian Tuna steak:
    photo CC2008-1_zps3c0f3605.jpg
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    @ Rza: You sir, know how to live. I need to party with you some time. And by party, I mean eat, drink and smoke.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    We did ham and mango quesadillas yesterday. Sorry, I didn't take pictures. But they were pretty tasty for something we just decided to throw together and try out. Some Jack cheese, cilantro, diced ham, and mango all gooey and good. Yum.

Baked spaghetti is on for tonight. What a great way to spritz up leftover noodles. I even tossed some sliced meatballs on the top. This is going to be good.

ETA: Oh, and since we were OOT on my birthday, my wife made me a cheesecake swirled with carrot cake that we sliced into yesterday. I'm now enjoying a piece after lunch.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Thanks Rob, life is too short. Come to Nicaragua, I will cook for you then drink a fine single malt with an aged cigar. I may pop up in Boston. I miss the Harvard Square's chess tables. I met some top non-rated homeless chess players there. I love Boston.
    Rob1110:
    @ Rza: You sir, know how to live. I need to party with you some time. And by party, I mean eat, drink and smoke.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    If I do make it to Nicaragua, I will definitely be in touch. We have a LOT of places on our list to see but not enough money to do all that traveling.

If you do make it up to Boston, be sure to let me know.
    Wife found a new recipe for Chicken Korma. And this time it was excellent, I think this will be a keeper.
    Was it yogurt or cream based?
    Rhamlin:
    Wife found a new recipe for Chicken Korma. And this time it was excellent, I think this will be a keeper.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    South African Lobster tails & Indonesian Tuna steak:
    photo CC2008-1_zps3c0f3605.jpg
    uh,,,, YUMMM!
    Chinese beef and broccoli photo CC2060_zps59c582a3.jpg
    Chicken tenders and tots , I sure do miss the cooks.
    photo IMG_4696_zpsfcea11d7.jpg
    Grilled beef fillet with vegitable, watermelon, goat cheese and Bolivian quinoa salad.
    rzaman:
    photo IMG_4696_zpsfcea11d7.jpg