Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Rip is always a tough act to follow, but... tonight it was crab cakes with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed veg with some pinot grigio to wash it all down followed by an LHC CORE corona. I might be "young" and single but I still need to eat!
    Nice..good lookin eats there Gordon!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    Rip is always a tough act to follow, but... tonight it was crab cakes with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed veg with some pinot grigio to wash it all down followed by an LHC CORE corona. I might be "young" and single but I still need to eat!
    I love me some good crab cakes. Oh, and if you go to the coast, have a bowl of oyster stew at Mo's for me. Visited the ones at Newport and near Devil's Punchbowl on the same day we liked the first stop so much!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Wife and kids are gone for summer vacation. I am all alone at home so I treated myself with a homemade Surf 'n' Turf style dinner before another stressful work day. photo LaPalina5026_zps545533e3.jpg photo LaPalina5022_zps6b319baa.jpg
    Gordon that's look good. Could you please share the crab cakes recipe with me? Was it deep or pan fried?
    pelirrojo:
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Y'all will have to forgive the the quality of the picture and the thumb, better cook than photographer. I spent 2 weeks in Vietnam last October and have never eaten better so was kind of craving it and found this recipe for Ginger Clams and shrimp. image
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Y'all will have to forgive the the quality of the picture and the thumb, better cook than photographer. I spent 2 weeks in Vietnam last October and have never eaten better so was kind of craving it and found this recipe for Ginger Clams and shrimp. image
    if you wouldn't mind sending me the recipe, I want to make
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's for dinner? Man on paddle board.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Gordon that's look good. Could you please share the crab cakes recipe with me? Was it deep or pan fried?

My local store had the crab cakes pre-made, so no recipe unfortunately. I pan fried them and they turned out really well. I wasn't expecting much from something made in-store, but I was pleasantly surprised.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Wife and kids are gone for summer vacation. I am all alone at home so I treated myself with a homemade Surf 'n' Turf style dinner before another stressful work day. photo LaPalina5026_zps545533e3.jpg photo LaPalina5022_zps6b319baa.jpg
    Nice!
    The buffalonian:
    perkinke:
    if you wouldn't mind sending me the recipe, I want to make
    PM to ya.
    Spicy shrimp curry with a sweet Portuguese vintage port from 1983. photo LaPalina5001_zps2632f7e4.jpg photo LaPalina5007_zps806f8094.jpg
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    rzaman:
    Spicy shrimp curry with a sweet Portuguese vintage port from 1983. photo LaPalina5001_zps2632f7e4.jpg photo LaPalina5007_zps806f8094.jpg
    Nice Rip. If you don't mind me asking are you formally trained? Or just pick this stuff up in your adventures?
    Hi David, I am an amateur cook. I have no formal cooking training but I love to cook and eat good food lol. I think you are a trained cook, correct?
    insomnniapb:
    rzaman:
    Nice Rip. If you don't mind me asking are you formally trained? Or just pick this stuff up in your adventures?
    I cooked lobster in Thai spicy coconut sauce. I had it with Thai Jasmine rice and a decent French crispy white wine. photo SCDLH027_zps7d08860f.jpg photo SCDLH029_zps41d29d64.jpg
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    rzaman:
    Hi David, I am an amateur cook. I have no formal cooking training but I love to cook and eat good food lol. I think you are a trained cook, correct?
    insomnniapb:
    rzaman:
    I am on the job trained in fine dining and catering. I never went to school or for any formal training. It is much more fun to cook for yourself though! ahaha
    Decided to go simple, london broil and salad.
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Grilled asparagus wrapped in bacon, grilled tomatoes, and grilled lemmon pepper chicken.

cherry smoked pork loin stuffed withchicken italian red pepper and rice with roasted turnips and salted potatoes
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    this is so much better than nachos
    Who would have thought this place would be full of culinary geniuses ?
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    The buffalonian:
    cherry smoked pork loin stuffed withchicken italian red pepper and rice with roasted turnips and salted potatoes

that looks so awesome
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicken n waffles!!! Yummy
    smoke em if you got em:
    i only had the chips they came out with and that was a flop , should I try the meal itself before a judge it ?
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    smoke em if you got em:
    i only had the chips they came out with and that was a flop , should I try the meal itself before a judge it ?
    yes sir! I didn't care for th chips
    Squirrel and Ribs with a baked potato
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    My favorite 4 ingredient meal... sausage okra tomatoes served over rice. With beer of course.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    My favorite 4 ingredient meal... sausage okra tomatoes served over rice. With beer of course.
    Heck yes!!
    One God, One Truth
    You guys suck. I've been living on quick fix food since I got on this boat. I only got an hour to fix me something before I go to bed and it takes a half hour for the freakin oven to get hot. The crew on here just don't seem to care about anyone but themselves. Man I miss the cooks!