Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Grilled beef fillet with vegitable, watermelon, goat cheese and Bolivian quinoa salad.
    rzaman:
    photo IMG_4696_zpsfcea11d7.jpg
    man stop already your killing me:) I had "homemade beef pot pie" don't know how the guy who made it could call it homemade it was just a can of beef stew with flattened out biscuits on top. But I guess it makes a ****.
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    rzaman:
    Grilled beef fillet with vegitable, watermelon, goat cheese and Bolivian quinoa salad.
    rzaman:
    photo IMG_4696_zpsfcea11d7.jpg
    Interesting mixture
    One of my favorites today grilled cheese and homemade vegetable soup.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Norwegian Salmon steak with pineapple & dill sauce photo CC2004-3_zps97a19527.jpg
    Lobster bisque and Porterhouse steaks. photo photo3_zps247cd73c.jpg photo photo1_zps17d0f0ed.jpg
    rzaman:
    Lobster bisque and Porterhouse steaks. photo photo3_zps247cd73c.jpg photo photo1_zps17d0f0ed.jpg
    Ah you suck! I had to settle for a pickle loaf and American cheese sandwhich with Campbell's soup.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hamachi Nagiri
    Dragon rolls
    Cherry Blossoms.
    Good stuff.
    Homemade Chinese Pepper Steak. One of my favorite meals to make.

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I was gifted some trout from a fisherman friend. I'm stuffing it with fennel, red onion, and lemon. If I had a grill (not allowed at my apartment) that would be my preferred cooking method, on top of some fennel stalks. But I don't, so it's roasting in the oven.

Yum!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Grilled chicken sandwich with mayo , corn , broccoli florets, and a chocolate chip cookie....
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    Grilled chicken sandwich with mayo , corn , broccoli florets, and a chocolate chip cookie....
    Did your girlfriend bring the cookie...? Just sayin' bro.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Treva's fried chicken livers
    pilgrimtex:
    Treva's fried chicken livers
    I love me some chicken livers. No one else in my family likes them. Sad me.

Here's some pics of my fish.

photo IMAG0253_zps2463dd6a.jpg

With the top fennel removed.

photo IMAG0255_zps4a058502.jpg

Fennel and fried potato and red onion goodness as the side.

photo IMAG0254_zps3449c65d.jpg
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    I love me some liver be it chicken or beef. Grilled out some smoked sausage and hotdogs today just for kicks. I just love a grilled hotdog.
    photo photo2_zps7548f4a6.jpg
    Rip, that looks about perfect.

This isn't really dinner, but my wife and kids made me an early Father's Day gift last night. I'll have to stay off the thread about Doc's weight loss until I finish it, though.

photo chocolatebacon_zps30caf332.jpg

Yes, that is bacon under all that chocolate. The toppings vary. One kind is just chocolate, but there is also coconut, sea salt, pistachios and walnuts, and cayenne pepper. So far I've only tried the one with nuts. Not bad, but the nuts were too salty with the bacon and it all overpowered the chocolate. I suspect the cayenne will be my favorite, but I'll let you know.

Steak, lobster, crab legs, asparagus, baked potatoe and corn on the cob.image
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Rip, that looks about perfect.

This isn't really dinner, but my wife and kids made me an early Father's Day gift last night. I'll have to stay off the thread about Doc's weight loss until I finish it, though.

photo chocolatebacon_zps30caf332.jpg

Yes, that is bacon under all that chocolate. The toppings vary. One kind is just chocolate, but there is also coconut, sea salt, pistachios and walnuts, and cayenne pepper. So far I've only tried the one with nuts. Not bad, but the nuts were too salty with the bacon and it all overpowered the chocolate. I suspect the cayenne will be my favorite, but I'll let you know.

I want to add to this...I had a bacon themed Father's Day. Bacon and eggs and potatoes for breakfast. Bacon cheeseburgers for lunch with some thick-cut peppercorn bacon and some kind of blue cheese. Snacked on leftovers with some chocolate bacon for dinner. And my gift was a book some of the Michiganders may appreciate. Zingerman's Guide to Better Bacon: Stories of Pork Bellies, Hush Puppies, Rock 'n' Roll Music and Bacon Fat Mayonnaise.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    HOLY COW! WHAT A SPREAD! Happy Father's day!
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    ddubridge:
    Scrolling down through the thread the first thing I saw was the salad... Was wondering if you were on a diet or something for a minute lmao.
    photo photo_zpsfc8ce3d9.jpg
    Bob Luken:
    Rhamlin:
    HOLY COW! WHAT A SPREAD! Happy Father's day!
    wow! That's one heck of a meal!
    Yeah it was a biggie. We stuffed ourselves.
    rzaman:
    photo photo_zpsfc8ce3d9.jpg
    That looks good
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Start with a side of Salmon. Add my special blend of herbs and spices.
    Enjoy till stuffed.
    photo EzraZion002_zps4f766aab.jpg photo EzraZion004_zps34ff089c.jpg
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    insomnniapb:
    ddubridge:
    Scrolling down through the thread the first thing I saw was the salad... Was wondering if you were on a diet or something for a minute lmao.
    The salad was the only healthy part of the meal. The green beans are cooked in bacon grease. Just the way I like them.
    photo EzraZion015_zps34817daa.jpg
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Rip is always a tough act to follow, but... tonight it was crab cakes with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed veg with some pinot grigio to wash it all down followed by an LHC CORE corona. I might be "young" and single but I still need to eat!