Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Coffee encrusted ribeyes, fried okra, butter and garlic roasted potatoes... Yum!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Coffee encrusted ribeyes, fried okra, butter and garlic roasted potatoes... Yum!
    Can you PM me the recipe on the ribeyes or is it short enough to post?
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    We made a rub of coffee, cavenders seasoning, cinnomon and pepper. Rubbed them down and let them sit for about an hour. I dont have a grill so we used the George Foreman grill. Buttered the grates and as they were cooking, i "basted" them with their drippings.
    To me, they were great, but my wife added a bit of honey on hers to offset some of the bitterness of the coffee.

Kinda easy but very good.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    We made a rub of coffee, cavenders seasoning, cinnomon and pepper. Rubbed them down and let them sit for about an hour. I dont have a grill so we used the George Foreman grill. Buttered the grates and as they were cooking, i "basted" them with their drippings.
    To me, they were great, but my wife added a bit of honey on hers to offset some of the bitterness of the coffee.

Kinda easy but very good.
    Just made these for dinner tonight, was very good, thanks! I did one with honey too, toss up which i liked better.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuffed peppers with Turkey, black beans, corn, mushrooms and lots of chili powder and garlic with a sprinkle of cheese
  • Options
    Beef sauteed with onions, mushrooms, wine, and Jack and quinoa with broccoli, mushrooms, onions and chicken.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Herb crusted pork tenderloin wrapped in thick hickory smoked bacon and roasted to perfection. Mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I forgot to take pictures, but I made an awesome applesauce/soy/ginger mix. Dredged some chops in flour and browned them; finished baking in the oven with the sauce. Mashed potatoes and creamed corn on the side for the rest of the family and added some beets for me (one of my favorite veg; why does no one like them?). Paired with a late harvest Riesling to satisfy my wife's taste for sweet wine.

That's the dinner that earned me a ticket to the vherf last night. Sorry I didn't take any pictures.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    a 12 pack of yellow can Coors.

Aj
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    a 12 pack of yellow can Coors.

Aj
    .... It's not just for breakfast anymore.
  • Options
    Pot pie made from leftover ham and potatoes from thanksgiving.
  • Options
    LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    pizza and miller lite
  • Options
    Had the subway sriracha chicken melt last night. Not bad, but they use some kind of creamy sriracha, not the straight up stuff.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Pot pie made from leftover ham and potatoes from thanksgiving.
    Pot pies too. Mine were from Turkey. That bird has served me well.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stewed turkey and a savory rice.
  • Options
    LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    leftovers are good
  • Options
    New cold weather favorite I think: baked potato soup.
  • Options
    perkinke:
    That looks tasty? Low-cal and heart smart...correct?
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    perkinke:
    Uh, yeah, I'm sure it is! But nah, it will clog your arteries and pad your gut. But what other kind of food do you want on a day in the single digits? :) Next time I make it I'm gonna cook it with some ham bits in it rather than just adding the bacon at the end.
  • Options
    perkinke:
    Bigshizza:
    perkinke:
    Uh, yeah, I'm sure it is! But nah, it will clog your arteries and pad your gut. But what other kind of food do you want on a day in the single digits? :) Next time I make it I'm gonna cook it with some ham bits in it rather than just adding the bacon at the end.
    We do a version of potato soup with melted pepper jack cheese in the broth. I always put bacon in, but my wife leaves it out and serves it to sprinkle over like this. But gotta love the warmth of soup or stew on a cold day. Too bad I don't like potatoes that much.

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four manhattans. That was my dinner.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo C6D7DB5B-CF86-4445-B993-99E2518640DD_zpsi8ho7gxr.jpg
  • Options
    Very nice R!
  • Options
    photo IMG_20140116_132342_zps79270998.jpg

Lunch break was spent assembling the homemade lasagna we're having for supper (dinner? this could be a soda/pop thing, too!) Will make some garlic bread and a salad to go with. Yum.

• Options
    A little comfort food, sausage and peppers.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Japanese food:
    photo image_zpscdf2258b.jpg photo image_zps53851a54.jpg photo image_zps0903e220.jpg
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    This picture was taken about 2 hrs before it was removed from the smoker and pulled to make pulled pork. There is also another pork shoulder on the rack just below this one. photo 20140228_083018_zpsb439gnuq.jpg Mmmm, I love to smoke the meat!
  • Options
    Whisky marinated steak with cole slaw and a Parmesan and sundried tomato pasta salad.
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Brisket!
    photo 20140315_221252_zpsrh5wh9hk.jpg
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for The Guest Chef to come over.....hoping for chicken and dumplings.