Home General Discussion
Options

Black Band Project

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    I guess so. Money-wise, though, wouldn't it make sense for more of the big-names (as you mentioned) to keep people hooked on flashy packaging etc? I'm not saying I agree with it, hell, I agree with all of what you said (and I was victimized by it a lot as a younger cigar smoker.)
    Well sure, money-wise it would make more sense for said companies to keep people hooked on flashy packaging and adverts, hell that's the only way they will stay at the top of the game. But some of these companies, as I'm sure you know, sell their cigars based on quality assurance and word of mouth, from their standpoint it makes sense to let the cigar sell itself based on its own merits.

This is probably the idealist in me speaking, but I'd like to think that the market would eventually quit being so pigheaded and stop buying into the gimmicks and instead buy into the quality. (and yes, I realize that the whole BB project is a gimmick too)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Oh well I'm in ---Hope its not just a bunch of BS
  • Options
    When you signed up how long was it before you got the first episode .......
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    gmill880:
    I received mine as soon as I confirmed my subscription.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    gmill880:
    I received mine as soon as I confirmed my subscription.

Yeah I just got it and watched it ...thanks
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    smbrink:
    Yeah Im on episode 3 and I cant wait to get my free camachos!

You won't get your cigars right after you watch the 4th episode. It either takes a few weeks or they will wait till they stop accepting sign ups then doing a mass shipment.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Yeah i just got my 4th episode. Got a feelng they are going to be camachos. Sucks no new people can jmp in on this. Maybe theyll have another one. Cigars ship early may according to the website. Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Yeah i just got my 4th episode. Got a feelng they are going to be camachos. Sucks no new people can jmp in on this. Maybe theyll have another one. Cigars ship early may according to the website. Looking forward to it!

sounds like I barely got in then :0 on the 12th I believe it was
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Just finished number 4...TO THE CAMACHO-MOBILE!!!
  • Options
    Gene you got in...Sweet! I dig me some Camachos. Cant believe it was this easy...sign up, watch some bad acting, get free cigars. Ahhh atleast some things are still right with the world :)
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Jetmech_63:

sounds like I barely got in then :0 on the 12th I believe it was
    Yep, I must have signed up right around the same time, maybe a day or two later. I have still only recieved one video, waiting on the second.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Gene you got in...Sweet! I dig me some Camachos. Cant believe it was this easy...sign up, watch some bad acting, get free cigars. Ahhh atleast some things are still right with the world :)

Yeah, pretty excited to see what we get. Should be getting my 2nd episode anytime now...Hey glad you got in to Tony (alien)
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    wouldn't it be weird if this was some kind of governmental conspiracy to control the minds of cigar smokers everywhere? Kinda like the cigar Manchurian project?
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I watched my 4th video few days ago, as soon as I get my smokes, I will let you guys know what I get.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Just finished episode 2 - now 2 more to go
  • Options
    Finished episode #4 - Anybody received any sticks yet ?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I got the third video last week, waiting on video 4 now.
  • Options
    I finished the last episode about 3 weeks ago, the websit states the sticks will be mailed in the beginning of may, im looking forward to em!
  • Options
    iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    Hey guys, If you watched the case study at the end of the black band project, you will see that our boards made it in the video. BBC and gmill are highlighted at about 1:34 into the video. Just to let you know.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I finished the last episode about 3 weeks ago, the websit states the sticks will be mailed in the beginning of may, im looking forward to em!

Yeah can't wait to see what they are !!!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Hey, sweet that we made it on, good to see it was some of our best posters, too. I'm excited to see what they are; we know a few brands they aren't sending out; what do you think we're going to get?
  • Options
    I think Camachos, those were called out twice in the vids as the "mystery" cigars
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Oh yeah, sorry, I know those are the brand, I mean which Camachos?
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Jetmech_63:
    I think Camachos, those were called out twice in the vids as the "mystery" cigars

And the fact that it says "The Black Band Project is a Camacho Cigars Production" under the 4th video ^_^

betasynn:
    Oh yeah, sorry, I know those are the brand, I mean which Camachos?

If they told you which Comachos, that would ruin the point. Its probably something new.

For those of you who weren't lucky enough to sign up in time, here are all the episodes for your enjoyment:
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4

• Options
    iwsmith2:
    Hey guys, If you watched the case study at the end of the black band project, you will see that our boards made it in the video. BBC and gmill are highlighted at about 1:34 into the video. Just to let you know.

Dude whaere did you see that? I cant find it.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Jetmech_63:
    iwsmith2:

This can be found on the Black Band Project's website...under the first 4 episodes on the opening page is the case study.

Sure enough...I saw my avatar in the video. nuts
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Jetmech_63:
    iwsmith2:

This can be found on the Black Band Project's website...under the first 4 episodes on the opening page is the case study.

Sure enough...I saw my avatar in the video. nuts

Ha thats wild.....bbc that was our 1/2 second of fame...do we get something extra !?!?!? I'm sure we won't hahaha
  • Options
    HA! I found it, dude thats great!!
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    How should i change my address i am leaving my college for the summer and wont have the same address what should i do?