Home General Discussion
Options

Black Band Project

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Go to the post office and have your mail forwarded.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Jetmech_63:
    Go to the post office and have your mail forwarded.

Make sure to have your cigars forwarded to my address ...
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Haha i will keep that in mind as long as you forward the rest of your cigars to me i will smoke em and let you know if you should get more and the best thing is i will do it for free.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just watched the fourth video, hopefully those cigars wil be going out soon....
  • Options
    smokester:
    Haha i will keep that in mind as long as you forward the rest of your cigars to me i will smoke em and let you know if you should get more and the best thing is i will do it for free.

Your generosity knows no bounds brother...
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Should we expect a follow up email, notifying us when the sticks have been sent, or do they just show up?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I dont think anyone has seen a shipment yet.
  • Options
    Tick...Tick...Tick ...
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I have an aching feeling that come April, we will still see "CIGARS BEGIN SHIPPING IN EARLY MAY" on the top left corner.
    I know its too early to say, but I just have that feeling...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    They said that they got someing like 5X the participation that they expected and more than half (62%) watched all four videos. So somewhere in the line of 3X more than they expected to sign up so Im thinking that 3X more than expected will equal at least 3X longer the wait!
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Fourtotheflush:
    They said that they got someing like 5X the participation that they expected and more than half (62%) watched all four videos. So somewhere in the line of 3X more than they expected to sign up so Im thinking that 3X more than expected will equal at least 3X longer the wait!

They released the expected shipment date (early May) after they stopped accepting signups, so that theory is invalid.
  • Options
    Got a e-mail from Camacho Cigars about their new Conn. Camacho and a update on the Black Band Project Cigars. They are supposed to start mailing to all qualified participants next week with all cigars mailed in 21-30 days !!! Excited to see, wonder if the new Camacho Conn. will be included ...
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I hope there is a mix. I'm guessing we'll get a pair of cigars each; I wouldn't mind one being the connie, but I'd like something a little heavier as well.
  • Options
    yeah would definitly like to see a mix but hey their free so whatever they send I'am ok with ...being Camacho I doubt we will be disapointed ...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    gmill880:
    but hey their free so whatever they send I'am ok with ...being Camacho I doubt we will be disapointed ...
    I'm right there with you Gene, free camachos, I don't think it will matter much.

A side note, I had a Legend Ario (camacho made) the other day that I picked up at Kuzipalooza back in december. That was a tremendous cigar. Can't wait to have another sometime.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Got a e-mail from Camacho Cigars about their new Conn. Camacho and a update on the Black Band Project Cigars. They are supposed to start mailing to all qualified participants next week with all cigars mailed in 21-30 days !!! Excited to see, wonder if the new Camacho Conn. will be included ...
    I got it too. I'm just glad to finally get an update on it. How do we know if we 'qualify'.
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    gmill880:
    I got it too. I'm just glad to finally get an update on it. How do we know if we 'qualify'.

I believe that you qualified if you watched all four videos. And are of age (most likely). I hope that I get mine soon. Should be pretty sweet.
  • Options
    rmccloud:
    Matt Marvel:
    gmill880:

I believe that you qualified if you watched all four videos. And are of age (most likely). I hope that I get mine soon. Should be pretty sweet.
    That's what I was thinking too. I guess that's what they meant by that. If so, then I should be getting mine.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    rmccloud:
    Matt Marvel:
    gmill880:

That's what I was thinking too. I guess that's what they meant by that. If so, then I should be getting mine.

Correct
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sweet, I can't wait to see what cigars they are sending us!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I'm hoping for one of the new connies too, and in the last video he did say something about sending out cigars no one had seen before.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    alienmisprint:
    I'm hoping for one of the new connies too, and in the last video he did say something about sending out cigars no one had seen before.
    Same here. I really like a good conn wrapper, but many are too mild and uneventful. I'm hoping the new Camacho will be interesting and a little different.
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    Free cigars! especially from camacho. man, wish i would have known early enough to sign up.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    brsmith21:
    alienmisprint:
    Same here. I really like a good conn wrapper, but many are too mild and uneventful. I'm hoping the new Camacho will be interesting and a little different.
    Have you tried the Perdomo ESV '91 Conn.? That, in my opinion, is a great example of a Connecticut wrapper put to good use.
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    bnccna2:
    Free cigars! especially from camacho. man, wish i would have known early enough to sign up.
    went ahead and signed up early for any future projects. hopefully something soon.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    brsmith21:
    alienmisprint:
    Have you tried the Perdomo ESV '91 Conn.? That, in my opinion, is a great example of a Connecticut wrapper put to good use.
    No, I haven't. I currently have 11 different kinds of Perdomos in the humi (literally), but no ESV's. I'll definitely pick some up.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    brsmith21:
    j0z3r:
    brsmith21:
    alienmisprint:
    No, I haven't. I currently have 11 different kinds of Perdomos in the humi (literally), but no ESV's. I'll definitely pick some up.
    Go for the seconds...way cheaper and hardly a flaw to be found, if you've got a good eye you might pick up a minor cosmetic blemish, uneven coloring, water spot, etc... Helluva bargain.
  • Options
    Thanks man! I will add some 2nds to my next order, then.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I think it's funny that this BBP was run by camacho. The whole premise is to dissuade people from choosing cigars based on appearance and ratings, and instead go on taste, but camacho has both ratings and brand power...I guess it worked tho...
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    brsmith21:
    j0z3r:
    brsmith21:
    alienmisprint:
    Go for the seconds...way cheaper and hardly a flaw to be found, if you've got a good eye you might pick up a minor cosmetic blemish, uneven coloring, water spot, etc... Helluva bargain.
    Yep, definately do the seconds. You might want to look into the RP Signature seconds too, that is another excellent stick with a Conny wrapper, not mild at all, and very flavorful.