Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Dean Martin Herf/Pass ***He is back home***

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I got home from work yesterday morning to find Dino patiently waiting on me. The wife, on the other hand, said he'd already been up since 0630 asking where I was. He adamantly refused to start the day without a smoke and cup of joe.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Later he asked about the big trunk sitting in the kitchen floor. I explained it was my humidor and he jumped at the chance to take a peek inside, so I obliged.
    No big deal, but he kept asking about the hot chick in the pink dress...
    I leave him momentarily while he's perusing my stash when I suddenly hear Flamenco guitar streaming from the kitchen! Dean plays a mean La Cucaracha!! Who knew?!
    Gentlemen, Dean has been a pleasure to hang out with but I believe his wanderlust is getting the better of him. He mumbled something about wanting to visit a Northerly destination, so I'm putting him on the bus out of town...
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I see Dean is having fun with all this traveling and I hope you guys are having as much fun with this pass as I did.

• Options
    MTuccelli:
    I see Dean is having fun with all this traveling and I hope you guys are having as much fun with this pass as I did.

I have to echo Sniper's comment, this pass has been awesome! Many thanks Mr. Mike for allowing me to be a part of the madness that is herfing with Dino. I must admit, though, that I did get some strange looks from the better half while I was sitting on the front steps smoking next to a picture...
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Bus out of town? Sure you didn't pick up his twin brother Gene Martin? He was the brokeass greyhound riding one.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Bus out of town? Sure you didn't pick up his twin brother Gene Martin? He was the brokeass greyhound riding one.

Bwahahahaha!! LMAO!!
    He said the older broads are easier to corner in the restroom on the bus. Not as much turbulence...
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Direwolf:

Bwahahahaha!! LMAO!!
    He said the older broads are easier to corner in the restroom on the bus. Not as much turbulence...
    lol yup that's Dean alright
  • Options
    Toombes:
    MTuccelli:

I have to echo Sniper's comment, this pass has been awesome! Many thanks Mr. Mike for allowing me to be a part of the madness that is herfing with Dino. I must admit, though, that I did get some strange looks from the better half while I was sitting on the front steps smoking next to a picture...
    I am glad you were able to get in on this, as for your wife giving you strange looks might change with the next one I got planned. The celeb I am setting up for that pass might just draw in some of the ladies to join in

• Options
    MTuccelli:
    Toombes:
    MTuccelli:

I am glad you were able to get in on this, as for your wife giving you strange looks might change with the next one I got planned. The celeb I am setting up for that pass might just draw in some of the ladies to join in

If it's Brad Pitt with his shirt off I'm not in.. I gotta enough compitition with the Elephant Man as it is
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    Toombes:
    MTuccelli:

Dude, seriously!?! You want us to herf with a picture of Jiunn(like the month)? Really?
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    MTuccelli:
    Toombes:
    MTuccelli:

If it's Brad Pitt with his shirt off I'm not in.. I gotta enough compitition with the Elephant Man as it is

I'm pretty sure it will be just as good as this one. SOTL perspective, whewww. Yea, I can't wait to see who joins. Glad you didn't disappear for long. Thought I was going to have to come find you :)....
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    I'm pretty sure it will be just as good as this one. SOTL perspective, whewww. Yea, I can't wait to see who joins. Glad you didn't disappear for long. Thought I was going to have to come find you :)....
    Yeah my bad just needed to take a small break. Actually the self impose fasting from the forum helped me in other areas thus making me a better person

• Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    RCY Cigars:
    Yeah my bad just needed to take a small break. Actually the self impose fasting from the forum helped me in other areas thus making me a better person

Glad all is well Brother glad ur back an ty for letting me play along I had a lot of fun with Dean although for a biggin like me the cruiser was a thought squeeze esp with cuffs on lol!! Again thanks Mike
  • Options
    Glad you jumped in on this Brian and good pics too. How much did Dino bribe them so he could smoke in the squad car.

• Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    The arresting officer was UKFAN lol didn't cost a thing
  • Options
    Dean just pulled out of town. Before he left, being the inquisitive cat that he is, he asked about all the Mafia business goin down on the forum. After swearing to complete secrecy, I let him in on the business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Great pics guys. Nice guitar Toombes.
  • Options
    james40:
    Great pics guys. Nice guitar Toombes.

Thanks, James. It a Dean(fitting, I thought!) Classical AE. There's a Washburn Mercury, Fernandez Monterey(being repaired) and an Epiphone 5-string Non-reverse Thunderbird bass hiding behind me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wow nice stuff. All I have is a Yamaha acoustic. Just need to learn to play it.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Dean's flight landed safely and he is laying down for a rest right now. We've got a big week ahead of us....
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    Dean's flight landed safely and he is laying down for a rest right now. We've got a big week ahead of us....

Good to know, Zach! Have fun wih Dino, he's a hoot!
  • Options
    This pass is moving along great. Mike had an awesome idea
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    How long is Dino going to nap?

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I caught a glimps of Dean last night, he is a busy man
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    OchoZacho:

Dean's been a busy guy helping me study for the Robby Ras Reaping contest. I accredit my winning to his diligent help. Old Dino and I are going to be hanging out at a cigar event tonight on the banks of the Ohio River. Updates to come!
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    MTuccelli:
    OchoZacho:

Dean's been a busy guy helping me study for the Robby Ras Reaping contest. I accredit my winning to his diligent help. Old Dino and I are going to be hanging out at a cigar event tonight on the banks of the Ohio River. Updates to come!
    Man that is going to be fun, just keep an eye on him around the ladies

• Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    By the way guys this is THE best "pass" I think I've ever seen. Very fun watching it go down!
  • Options
    Well, well fellas....while Dean was a little jet-lag from the flight here, he certainly kept me busy. We started of studying and WINNING the 1st Annual RobbyRas Reapings! Thanks again Rob (and Dean)

After all of that studying, old Dino and I decided to take a break. After we lit up our Viaje's, we kicked back in the back yard at my new house reading in the hammocks.

Next Dean and I went down to a Room 101 event and ran into this guy....

Dean and I finished the evening with the local Cincinnati CRA rep (middle) and a friend of his?

Dean asked if he could stay a few extra days so, more to come!!!!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    Well, well fellas....while Dean was a little jet-lag from the flight here, he certainly kept me busy. We started of studying and WINNING the 1st Annual RobbyRas Reapings! Thanks again Rob (and Dean)

After all of that studying, old Dino and I decided to take a break. After we lit up our Viaje's, we kicked back in the back yard at my new house reading in the hammocks.

Next Dean and I went down and went a Room 101 event and ran into this guy....

Dean and I finished the evening with the local Cincinnati CRA rep (middle) and a friend of his?

Wow, Dean gets to met the up and coming Celeb. Nice pictures brother, Dean fits in anywhere. Just awesome, nice stuff.....
  • Options
    OchoZacho:

Next Dean and I went down and went a Room 101 event and ran into this guy....

Man now that is what I call the "Cool Factor". This pass is working out better then I had hoped for, I can't wait to get the next one on the road....that is if you guys are up for another one once Dino has finished his travels.

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, I finally have a new computer and it's up and running!!! I've been off-line this entire time but now that I'm back I've got some pictures of Dean to share with you:

We went on a backcountry canoe trip in Northern Maine. We put forth the effort to link some remote territory not too many people see and were rewarded with an amazing trip. Dean was a great bow man:

Untitled

After paddling and portaging many miles we finally camped on the far end of Third Debsconeag Lake. Dean couldn't wait to have a drink:

Debsconeag Lakes

Then he set up his tent and settled in for the night:

Debsconeag Lakes

Fried chicken in the dutch oven for dinner(I still can't believe my friend humped a dutch oven along, we really did some strenuous portaging through the woods)...

fried chicken

...and of course cigars...

DSC_0068

The next morning was coffee and cigars before setting out into a stiff headwind:

DSC_0092

This is what it looked like before the wind kicked up big time chop:

Debsconeag Lakes

Paddling and portaging across Third and Fourth Debsconeag Lakes over to Nahmakanta Lake was enough to warrant another drink:

Debsconeag Lakes

...and some more dutch oven cooking:

DSC_0126

This time Pigs in Blankets (yes, another of my friends carried a cooler - crazy bastud):

DSC_0135

Of course, cigars as well:

DSC_0127

Then we paddled Nahmakanta Stream:

Nahmakanta Stream

down to Pemadumcook Lake:

Pemadumcook Lake

We camped on Moose Island, a beautiful site with a view of Mt. Katahdin:

DSC_0264

Here's Dean checking out the Moose antler I found on Nahmakanta Stream:

Untitled

All in all it was an amazing trip and I'm glad Dean got to go along, although he did put quite a dent in our liquor supply. It was great herfing with a celebrity and showing him around my old stomping grounds. Thanks for the pass, Mike!

bows