Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Fish Nuggets....aka Catfish's reviews

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I heard about these guys on Cigar Chat a while back and was very excited to check out their stuff. This was an impressive smoke and very different to me.Check it outimage
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Nice review, Dustin. I get a lot of the same flavors as you do throughout the smoke. I love JL and just ordered a box of the No.1 last week. After trying several No.1s I knew I wanted them to be my next box purchase. I tried a No.2 (courtesy of Bandyt09) for comparison and really liked the CG vitola much better. Trigger pulled.

I know I shouldn't have based my opinion of the No.2 on one experience but there is something special about the corona gorda size and I usually grab that vitola when I can. I'm not a big fan of robustos, except RASS, for the most part. It was good, just not as good as the No.1 in my opinion.

I've also heard they are doing well for quality right now across the board so anyone contemplating these can probably order with confidence.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Nice review, Dustin. I get a lot of the same flavors as you do throughout the smoke. I love JL and just ordered a box of the No.1 last week. After trying several No.1s I knew I wanted them to be my next box purchase. I tried a No.2 (courtesy of Bandyt09) for comparison and really liked the CG vitola much better. Trigger pulled.

I know I shouldn't have based my opinion of the No.2 on one experience but there is something special about the corona gorda size and I usually grab that vitola when I can. I'm not a big fan of robustos, except RASS, for the most part. It was good, just not as good as the No.1 in my opinion.

I've also heard they are doing well for quality right now across the board so anyone contemplating these can probably order with confidence.
    JL1 is on my list man, I just do not have room. Personally I am a big fan of teh CG size over robusto. Only robusto I like is RASS and petite edmundo really. i have heard the Upmann Conn 1 is amazing and will probably grab some as well when room permits.
  • Options
    Check out my latest review of the cult Ometepe. I really enjoyed the flavor on this one and will probably grab some torpedos here soon. i sure wish they made a smaller robo or CG though.
    Click here image
  • Options
    Nice Review..Snickers Bar? My favorite, think I need to order a fiver myself Thanks
  • Options
    Ometepe tobacco seems to always have peanut and cocoa type flavors to it man. For some reason, at that time in the smoke, they really came together like a snickers bar lol.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sold me on the review, love snickers.
  • Options
    Elogio LSV torpedo review up...Holy Jesus this was goodimage
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ..........drool.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    wonderful. i love the serie habano... its one of my favorite all time blends. . the habano is so good i almost forgot they had another line. i need to get my hands on the LSV at some point.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    wonderful. i love the serie habano... its one of my favorite all time blends. . the habano is so good i almost forgot they had another line. i need to get my hands on the LSV at some point.
    it's boxworthy too man... Unreal smoke
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    kuzi16:
    it's boxworthy too man... Unreal smoke
    unreal brand.
  • Options
    Yeah, these guys made another box worthy review for me. That's two reviews in a row of NC smokes I think are top notch. I highly recommend this and the maduro.Click here for the review
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had that particular Curivari, but have loved everything else of theirs I've had.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Love the Habano you sent me...very tasty!
  • Options
    I finally got my hands on a Stulac, and it was a fantastic cigar. This one was a little stiff for my tastes, but I think some age would make me freak out about it. I do think this is something everyone should try, and it should hit a ton of palates.Click Here for the review
  • Options
    With winter closing in, two more rounds of mini reviews are coming. Here is part two.Click Here for the review

• Options
    For my latest round of mini's, I must say I was very impressed with the Papas, and the Half corona is wrapped in crack...Click Here to read
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    For my latest round of mini's, I must say I was very impressed with the Papas, and the Half corona is wrapped in crack...Click Here to read

Wrapped in crack, yep that pretty much sums up the half coronas. Granted I'm a corona, minicorona, corona gorda hoe but all the coronas are what I smoke mostly nowadays. 2 half corona boxes came in a year ago, one to age and I'm having trouble staying away from either box.
  • Options
    There is no aging of half corona, only smoking them bro. I have a box of the OR, and it is noticeably spicier then newer stuff. I need to get a box of newer stuff as well.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    catfishbluezz:

Wrapped in crack, yep that pretty much sums up the half coronas. Granted I'm a corona, minicorona, corona gorda hoe but all the coronas are what I smoke mostly nowadays. 2 half corona boxes came in a year ago, one to age and I'm having trouble staying away from either box.
    Glad I stumbled on this review, I'm waiting on a box of these now! You just made the anticipation that's much worse! Thanx
  • Options
    Another hit for EZ in my opinion. Granted, I think this is a bit full for my tastes, but I know in time with rest, I will dig it more. I really think the blend is very good, with excellent depth and finish.Click Here for the review
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fascinated by the small cigar reviews. Keep 'em coming.

And I need to stop reading reviews of anything by Ezra Zion. Every one I read makes me want to go find some to smoke.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Figured I'd post up ours here, since we took on a unique way of doing it. Basically, we have five reviewers, all different palates and tastes, and all of our lists will be polar opposites. We decided to have a 3rd party take all five and rate them top down, then consolidate them to give an unbiased list of the Top 10. We are unveiling them all week. For now, 10-6 are:

#10 Jameson Santos de Miami Lancero
    #9 Regius Mitchell Orchant Seleccion
    #8 El Cedro
    #7 Ortega Serie D Maduro Lancero
    #6 Nomad Esteli Lot 1386

And we just announced #5 today, the JD Howard Reserve (Click Here)

Honestly I liked the Regius and El Cedro, both were on my list. I have not had the Jameson, Ortega, or Nomad, but the JDH was awesome that I got from Buckeye.
  • Options
    Here is the details on No 4 of our consolidated reviewers list of 2013: The Casa Fernandez Miami Reserva Maduro. I have not had this yet, so I am very interested to see how it pans out based on my past experiences with Casa Fernandez. I cannot say any of their stuff has wowed me in the past other then the Ezra Zion stuff. i did have one of their maduros that I enjoyed though, but I cannot remember which one it was. Click here for the details
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Can the Regius Mitchell Orchant be found anywhere for sale?
  • Options
    Chuck N:
    Can the Regius Mitchell Orchant be found anywhere for sale?
    Yes it can, only at your local B&M though, and FYI...200 boxes released in America. I know where 1% of them are lol.
  • Options
    We def get some flac for being sponsored by EZ when it comes to reviewing their brand. While their Eminence release did nto make anyone's list, the Tantrum did, and rightfully so. My guess is it made several lists on our site, and so far has made several lists on other blogs. While it is a bit strong for me, the spice is clean, and the smoke is as complex as any corona IMO. Here is the current notes from our site: Clickity Clack
  • Options
    This was pretty easy for me honestly, other then the ranking. I bought boxes of the top 8, so they all had to be there. I gave it to the Regius Orchant, because i firmly believe they set out to create a Cuban with Nica tobacco and did. That changes the game for me. Anyways, check it out and tell me what you guys think:Click Here
  • Options
    So I got one of these at the show to review, and let me just say, it is a wonderful cigar.Most of you know I am not a big fan of darker cigars anymore, and this one just pops. I would highly recommend this to smokers looking to get a taste of a unique fruit note, along with experienced well defined changes without too much going on to confuse your palate. These guys nailed a great profile.Click Here to read the review