Home Pipes
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2020 Stanwell Pipe of the Year
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

And this is where my cigar budget went this month.... 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang dude!  You jump in with both feet, don't you?  I'm impressed! 

It's usually hard to get someone into pipes.  So often, they'll start with a cob, nothing wrong with that, some cheapass cigarette tobacco disguised as pipe tobacco, (it says Pipe Tobacco right on the bag), and every  time they don't get a big full puff of smoke they reach for a lighter instead of their tamper. 

Then you hear from them:  "I guess it's not for me."  Then they preach that garbage to anyone else who shows an interest.  "Oh you wouldn't like that.  It smells good, but burns your mouth and is just nasty." 

I guess the  learning curve is just too much for some folks.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    The other day....it is good!!

It’s gotten pretty overwhelmingly positive reviews but it seems kind of expensive. I'm still waiting for someone to carry both Mississippi and plum pudding before I order any.
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I smoke a lot of pipe in the winter.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options

I'll be trying out this Big Ben nosewarmer soon! This flu has almost run its course, nearly 6 weeks of anguish, only been sneaking in a desperate smoke once or twice but I am nearly there. With spring right around the corner, I can't wait to get some quality smoking time in.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

6 weeks? Yikes. Did you get a secondary infection or just the flu? Hope you are 100% soon.

• Options

No secondary this year. Last year I had a bronchial infection but this year I used Mucinex DM but it still lasted the same time. Still have some mucus and breathing issues to deal with, but mostly kicked it. Serious stuff.

• Options

Nice!!! I like the look of that pipe.

The Stokkebye English Luxury is a really good Latakia blend if you ever get to try it, do so.

• Options
    @BKDog that will be what I break the pipe in with.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let the journey down this rabbit hole begin...picked up my first pipe today. Now I've just got to learn what's next and go get it.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble hit me up hard... I need a decoder ring to figure out what's what. Seriously looking forward to running each of these. That box released an unbelievably wonderful aroma when I opened it! Thanks, Steve!!!

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    edited April 2020

@Trykflyr_1 said:

I need a decoder ring to figure out what's what.

That's half the fun!! Enjoy!

• Options

@Stubble said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

I need a decoder ring to figure out what's what.

That's half the fun!! Enjoy!

PS 403 is great!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darn that's sexy, @Stubble.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saint-clare (?) Ropp bent & stand along with a tin of Davidoff Blue. This rabbit hole's deeper than I expected.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Hope you find something you like in there!

• Options

Just a small "Thank You" from @Patrickbrick for getting the Zoom platform going.....