Home Pipes
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Got some of the LE 2012 Halloween Blend "Darkness Descends" from Uhle's... smells like french vanilla and caramel... can't wait to fire some up!

IMG_20121009_112621.
    How much and can you still get some? I love the holiday blends. I have not bought any new pipe stuff in almost a year. Trying to smoke up my Holiday Spirit but anxious to get the new holiday stuff coming out.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    jsnake:
    robbyras:
    Got some of the LE 2012 Halloween Blend "Darkness Descends" from Uhle's... smells like french vanilla and caramel... can't wait to fire some up!

IMG_20121009_112621.
    How much and can you still get some? I love the holiday blends. I have not bought any new pipe stuff in almost a year. Trying to smoke up my Holiday Spirit but anxious to get the new holiday stuff coming out.
    had 2 bowls already... great stuff.. real nice flavor... it was like $12 shipped for 1.5 oz... not sure if thy have any left... hit up @thepipebit on twitter... he is the one who hooked me up
  • Options
    I emailed them but haven't had a response. You might like C&D Autumn Evening. It is my go to Fall tobacco. I always get excited about winter and Christmas blends and didn't really think about Autumn blends.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    I emailed them but haven't had a response. You might like C&D Autumn Evening. It is my go to Fall tobacco. I always get excited about winter and Christmas blends and didn't really think about Autumn blends.
    I tweeted my guy so we'll see... have a few people asking me about these... where can I check out the C&D Autumn Evening?

edit: just heard back and it looks like they have a few packs left. I'll call tomorrow and see what I can get... I'll pick up few packs and we can work something out
  • Options
    jsnake:
    I picked up one of the final pouches for you... they should get to me on Monday... I'll shoot you a PM
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Got 2 cobs, a tin of Sutliff Golden Age, a pouch of Captain Black Cherry, and a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh. Already smoked 3 bowls, lol.
  • Options
    robbyras:
    jsnake:
    I picked up one of the final pouches for you... they should get to me on Monday... I'll shoot you a PM
    Thanks. Looking forward to this. Be my first new pipe tobacco in a long time. Need to work harder on smoking what I have.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Got 2 cobs, a tin of Sutliff Golden Age, a pouch of Captain Black Cherry, and a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh. Already smoked 3 bowls, lol.
    How's that Cherry? I've only had the Middleton Cherry Blend, nice aroma but too much bite.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    marineatbn03:
    How's that Cherry? I've only had the Middleton Cherry Blend, nice aroma but too much bite.
    Its actually not too bad. It has a nice aroma but is not very strong on the pallet
  • Options
    hardczhardcz Posts: 75
    Picked up some pembroke today, it's great.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hardcz:
    I've never tried any of the esoterica lines, but I hear they are good (in addition to the couple of highly sought after blends), I looked up the Pembroke, and it sounds really good! I may look out for some next time I buy...

I recently got some Ealy Morning Pipe (it's actually a "matched" blend so it's like a generic.) I thought I was buying the "real" Dunhill blend, and wondered why it was so cheap! lol! But I enjoy it a lot.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Gray4lines:
    hardcz:
    I've never tried any of the esoterica lines, but I hear they are good (in addition to the couple of highly sought after blends), I looked up the Pembroke, and it sounds really good! I may look out for some next time I buy...

I recently got some Ealy Morning Pipe (it's actually a "matched" blend so it's like a generic.) I thought I was buying the "real" Dunhill blend, and wondered why it was so cheap! lol! But I enjoy it a lot.
    Real Dunhill EMP is a nice treat. Smooth. Smoke it all day.
  • Options
    New Luciano.I already love it! First bowl was H&H Louisiana Red. image image
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    New Luciano.I already love it! First bowl was H&H Louisiana Red. image image
    Awesome. Love that thick briar.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Nice briar man! You should enjoy that for years to come!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭

try out some new stuffs!

Aj
  • Options
    mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    Stopped in to my local B&M for some butane and a browse, left with two generous samples of W.O. Larsen Signature and Old fashion, plus tins of Drew Estate TBC and Nat Sherman 509. Not my typical smoke, but if they want me to try it, who am I to deny them? lol I'll probably try it all over the next 2-3 days.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Very nice!
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    This is my piper intro pack. Just the smell of that tobacco brought back so many memories of my grandfather, which is part of the allure I think. Hoping the old man finds grandpa's estate pipes and I can sneak 'em by the wife.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Vice nice starter pack. You should enjoy it!
  • Options
    I got a tin of best brown flake on sale, molto dulce, and DE Gatsby flake. Never had any of DEs pipe tobacco and havent tried molto dulce either. Cant wait to try em!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I got a tin of best brown flake on sale, molto dulce, and DE Gatsby flake. Never had any of DEs pipe tobacco and havent tried molto dulce either. Cant wait to try em!
    I have really grown to like the "Central Park Stroll" after a night of drying till the poly smell is gone... this is a fantastic aromatic if your into those.

Tell us how that Gatsby flake works out! thats next on my list!

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Gray4lines:
    I have really grown to like the "Central Park Stroll" after a night of drying till the poly smell is gone... this is a fantastic aromatic if your into those.

Tell us how that Gatsby flake works out! thats next on my list!

Aj
    I dont usually do a whole lot of aro's, but I'd like to try a few more. The central park sounded pretty good, that would be my next pick.I was told the gatsby is similar to orlik which I love. I will post up how it goes!
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:

Best Brown is an awesome flake and I'm not a big Aro fan but that Molto Dolce is one of the few I like.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I received, HH,ODF, CB Midnight Gold, C&D Bayou Morning, PS Black Truffle and Dunhill Durbar
  • Options
    2 tins of C&D Christmas 2013 We Won't Go Til We Get Some
    1 tin of C&D Christmas 2014 We Three Kings
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options
    Rain:
    imageimage
    Cool!