Home Pipes
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years ago I was involved in living history. I would shoot flintlocks,tan deerskins a basically run the woods in the 1760's. I thought i had a pipe from that time in my life so i looked and found this one. I cut a river cane stem and smoked a bowl of Dunhill Flake in it today.I believe it is an original clay pipe from a cash that was found in Ohio about 50 years ago. Any one versed in pipe history?image
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is cool, what a step back in time :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I picked up a few pipe items and it included a leather pipe pouch. May have a few items to sell or trade after I get a chance to look through it all. Lady had a medium size travel suitcase full of pipes that I picked through. Had to go to work and I can't wait to get home and start looking closer at them to see what all I got. Most are in pretty great shape. 

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn... Nice haul!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    Damn... Nice haul!
    There are about 40 or 50 pipes there
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, nice meers. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those meers are awesome.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @jsnake
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's amazing great find there
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    A few pipes from that box. Nording Hunter Beaver 1998

This is a Tom Spanu. I really like it and it hasn't been smoked yet. 

Next up is a Nording that I can't find anything on yet. It has some swirls in the ring by the stem but there is no name or distinguishing markings. 

This one says Boswell 02 USA and its green. I finally have a St Patrick's Day pipe I guess. Not sure if that is why it is green but I like it. 

• Options
    This is a BARI Wiking

Here is an Aldo Velani made in Italy. Never been smoked. 

Savinelli 

There is a total of 56 pipes in this lot I picked up so there will be more pics. I will be parting with a few but I'm not sure which ones yet 
  • Options
    cbuck said:
    A bomb hand delivered by @Usaf06 at Corona Cigar in Orlando! Thanks Nick! Good to see you again!image
    cbuck said:
    CAS at its worst! Like a kid in a candy shop! From Corona Cigar in Orlando! I love traveling when there is a quality B & M nearby!image
    All that icecream must have gone to your head. Isn't this the pipe thread ?  @cbuck

Nice smackdown though!
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MikeTodd I was under the impression that this was for anything you got, whether it's pipe, cigar, ice cream, whatever? I've always posted it here, I think?
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MikeTodd now I see it! Same name different category! But since I don't know how to move it, here it stays! Sorry!
  • Options
    I've always used this thread for my non pipe related aquisitions....http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/76269/what-did-you-get-today#latest
    However, post wherever you feel called! I was just bustin your chops. All in good fun.
  • Options
    NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Picked these up today! 
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • Options
    Nice selection.
  • Options
    Here are a few pics of pipes I'm done working on from my huge haul.

• Options
    These two beautiful Calabash pipes right before I cleaned them up. 

• Options
    Man oh man those are looking good!
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Got this today it is called an Al Pascia Curvy
  • Options
    arch72 said:
    Got this today it is called an Al Pascia Curvy
    I want to get one of those
  • Options
    Got these pipe hangers a while ago from @arch72, just finally getting around to getting them stained and put up.  I like 'em.

Thanks, Archie!

• Options
    not a problem @Yakster I am still working on getting my version 2 done I will post it up when they are done
  • Options
    I got version 2 of my pipe holders done today

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work Archie
    A little dirt never hurt