Home Pipes
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that kit is cool. I need something like that. I just have a small Dremel set I use for now. Probably going to get a buffing wheel. That Calabash is a Craig by the way. Still researching it. Some of these pipes are hard to find info on. 
  • Options
    Got some more pipes in today. Really wanted the 1986 Savinelli Autograph but the Ben Wade and Jobey are really nice as well. 

• Options
    edited March 2017
    A lot of awesomeness in these pics. We have a Brass Armadillo Antique mall in my town and they were having 15% off. Have been there a ton of times and usually any pipes are overpriced junk or just overpriced. Found these first three there for the first time ever and got an incredible deal. Ben Wade Danish Pride with clear stem. Savinelli and a GBD. Third pic is from a different lot and I got 3 Denny Souers, Nording Signature and a Bari Wiking. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    @jsnake it is a post like that which makes me wish we had a way to hit 'love' or 'wow'.

Well done, Sir!!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    @jsnake it is a post like that which makes me wish we had a way to hit 'love' or 'wow'.

Well done, Sir!!
    The picture doesn't do those bottom five justice. Now I'm fighting to decide which ones to keep and which ones to sell after I restore them. 
  • Options
    So I keep putting my pipe money back into more estate pipes. I enjoy the restoration process and keep learning new things. I bid on two lots on eBay. One I just liked the pipes. 3 in all but two had the free hand style I like. Guy knew nothing about them. One was in a Ben Wade box the other in a Jobey box. Second lot was a bunch of bowls with no stems and about 4 pipes with stems. They looked pretty trashed and the bidding was low. I kind of dismissed it. I took another look and noticed a Dunhill Root Briar in the group. The description left that out and everyone was missing it. I bid and won. Received bothe packages today and I was blown away. In the pic the top left is a rare Preben Holm Private Collection handmade by the legend himself with his autograph mark on the stem. The other pipe with the clear stem looks to be a Ben Wade with the stamp worn away. I can't confirm that but it looks great with amazing straight grain and it came in the Ben Wade Prominence box. On the right on top of the red pouch you will see a pristine Dunhill Root Briar and the bowl of a 1979 Dunhill Shell Briar. Unfortunately the bowl has some rim damage but I'll see what I can do with it. Bottom right is a nice Bjarne Hand Carved that needs a stem. The others are just pieces that are keepers for restoring. I ended up with a lot of project pieces I set aside but just in what is pictured the value is worth about ten times what I paid. 

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you are on an absolute roll. Go. Go to your nearest Mo lottery and grab some powerball tix!!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Went to an estate sale and snagged this stuff. The best is the Preben Holm Hand Cut 2. Several Savinelli, Custombilt by Tracy Mincer, GBD, Jobey, and Stanwell plus the rack and reemer. 

• Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Ha ha. Wrong thread. Drink and post. Not always good idea. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Got my fourth Denny Souers pipe today and a no name Freehand which is kind of cool. Denny Souers number five and six are coming next week. Love how unique his pipes are. 

• Options
    Also got a buffer. Been doing it all by hand. Bought a speed control too but it doesn't seem to slow it down so I'm exchanging it for a new one. They also shorted me on one bracket so the right buff isn't on yet. I'll be ordering a set from a wood working company anyways that has polish and wax with it. I'll slowly turn half this bench into my pipe bench. 

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you're getting set up @jsnake
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Denny Souers #5 and #6

• Options
    Got a few more pipe restoration materials in and a few pipes. Got this lot for the two Aldo Velani pipes on the end. The rest are project pipes. 

• Options
    Received  samplers from @Stubble  a trip to San Antonio this week
    The Tsuge Ryujin is a flavorful mixture. The Merde de Cheval is well balanced blend I can see smoking regularly. Been holding off on the Quiet Nights until I have one.
    Thanks Steve
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Got a tin and a stem tightening kit 

• Options
    Picked up some Ben Wades at a steal because the stems have holes in them. Then today I picked up these pipe stands and 13 pipes which included my second Preben Holm Private Collection plus another Preben Holm and Ben Wade. Peterson, Savinelli, GBD, Aldo Velani, Viking, and Bjarne pipes. I really like these stands too. All lightly smoked and I'm half down on the restoration. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben Wade?  Just watched 3:10 to Yuma with Russell Crow playing Ben Wade.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suspenders with super strong clips.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Suspenders with super strong clips.
    I think those 5 Vegas Golds have been altered with drugs. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muestra de Saka Exclusivo (6x52 / Box 7) + 5-Pack Of Sobremesa

My Father El Centurion H2KCT Corona 5"1/2 * 48, Box of 20

Asylum Premium 44x4 4" * 44, Box of 25

CLE Lighter and Sampler Promo
  • Options
    You are killing it Edward
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Picked up my third Preben Holm Private Collection Pipe. Hoping to secure my 4th one tomorrow. Guy said this hadn't been smoked since 1980. Really clean so the restore on it will be quick and easy. 

• Options
    Won a pipe from Huck's Pipes and I picked this little beauty out. Also received my 4th Preben Holm Private Collection pipe. 
  • Options
    Added another Ben Wade to my collection today 

• Options
    I haven't been keeping up with my new acquisitions so here is the most recent. Scored some C&D Christmas favorites and an André Mermet pipe. Also went to an estate sale and scored 2 racks and 15 Savinelli, 3 GBD, 1 Peterson, 1 Briar Workshop, 1 Diebel's, and 1 WØ Larsen. 

• Options
    Someone threw me under the bus. A totally unexpected bomb from an anonymous (though I have my strong suspicions despite no return address). Couple of Liga 9s, Tat Halloween, Undercrown, Ruination, and Opus X. Thanks! 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pipes? ^^^ LOL
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Oh, didn't notice, there are a couple of "what ya get?" threads. I live on the recent discussions page and don't pay attention to the category.