Home Pipes
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it buy 1 get 8 free cobs Special? Holy smokes! That’ll get you going. 
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pound each of the Dunhill early morning pipe, nightcap and 965. Then 12 ounces of the McClelland 5110 dark English. I might just be a little bit of a latakia fan
  • Options
    Had to find some bigger jars. It takes a half gallon jar to hold 1 pound of tobacco and it takes a bit of convincing to get it all in
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a trade with cool hand Luke. 4 cobs, cleaners, tampers, a reamer, and almost 3 pounds of baccy. He was even good enough to type me up a description list. Thanks buddy - lot of stuff to sample here...it'll take me weeks. 

Missed the post today (overslept). I know - I'm a bum. It will go out Monday.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    It's nice to see my labor of love landed safely. And it was more like 36 ounces. Barely over 2 pounds. Do you think any of it will become permanent additions to the habit? 
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I smoked that nightcap waay too hot last night so I really can't say on that, but I got the early morning packed perfect this morning and kept telling myself to tamp, tamp, tamp. Smoked that in the country gentleman for an hour and a half and I still have 1/4 bowl for the ride home tonight. It's a very good smoke!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    It is quite nice. I didn't think I sent a cg. I believe it was an apple diplomat. Just tamp enough to keep the fluff out of the ash. Often, the tamper weighs enough on its own to do it. Too heavy of a hand will continue packing the stuff underneath and affect draw towards the bottom of the bowl
  • Options
    Few goodies arrived today 
  • Options
    I like your taste!
  • Options
    I already got it jarred up but I landed a pound of "oriental number 1" from my favorite shop. I suspect it's a McClelland blend but they won't tell me which one. I also got 8 ounces each of a full series of aromatics playfully named for passages of Tolkien. Longbottom leaf, old Tony, shortcut to mushrooms, treebeard and ruins of isengard. Then out of curiosity I got 4 ounces of lane 1Q. I managed to go this long without trying it and figured it's about time 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may recognize the Lane 1Q, it's used as a lot of house blends under many names, good stuff. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    That's what I've gathered but from descriptions, it doesn't sound like something I've ever encountered. I also don't remember every bowl I've ever smoked so it might have worked it's way in early on. I guess if I have had it, I'll be experiencing it again with a different palate
  • Options
    Got two more cases of jars in anticipation of my next small batch order
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have me wondering just how large your tobacco collection is??
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Luke and his wonderful wife Kit stayed over last night and he loaded me up with tobacco and some cobs and we had some great stuff last night. Pics to come!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Diver43 said:
    You have me wondering just how large your tobacco collection is??
    It's hard to pin down. It's always growing but I want to say I'm working with just shy of 20 pounds split across 35 blends? More is on the way once I get all my Christmas cash in the bank

The ultimate goal is to be the shizza of pipes
  • Options
    Some more estate pipes arrived. Was a pretty good deal but the seller wasn’t forthcoming about some issues on a couple. Hoping I can fix the issues but if not the others are going to turn out great. 

• Options
    Awesome job @Captain_Call
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good looking stuff there sherm.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    @Captain_Call said he would send some more samples for me to try.  How he doesn't get lost when driving I can' figure out, cause he sure doesn't know how to, count. Figure I will get through the samples by mid January, of 2019!

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Since you turned out to like the blend I thought least likely out of the last batch I thought another deeper down the rabbit hole was necessary. Especially after that trade turned bomb shenanigan you pulled on me last time
  • Options
    ^^^
    Mellow Monk, Sherlock Holmes, remain 1 and 2, but third favorite keeps changing and now there are even more to add to the mix.  
  • Options
    @Diver43 there's no rule that you have to pick three. 

And I drive by landmarks. Turn at the tracks. Go up the hill. Use the driveway with the red mailbox. It works better that way. I was forced to stop packing when the box was full
  • Options
    Picked up a couple more estates. An Il Ceppo and a Tom Spanu. Probably keeping both of these for myself.