Home Pipes
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^Damn.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Wow
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am proud to take credit for the 3 cans of Viprati.  LOL
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were originally 12 in the cart but I had to back it down to make the budget cutoff. I'll get those other ones a few at a time. I want to cellar a full pound in 2 ounce increments to see what it does at 6 month intervals
  • Options
    Puck of Carnuba wax and some Med Brown Fieblings
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacman84 said:
    I like the vanilla and bear.  The other 2i have not had yet.  Let me know what you think as I am digging their stuff.   The countryside is really good.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Their Pipers Pleasure is Cocoa Puffs (the cereal) in a pipe.  Taste and smell are spot on to me.  I also love the Northwoods, but that is more of an English blend if you are into that.  Liking their stuff so far
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacman84 said:
    I like the vanilla and bear.  The other 2i have not had yet.  Let me know what you think as I am digging their stuff.   The countryside is really good.
    I think I’m gonna try the chocolate cream later. I’ll keep you posted. First time buying from these guys. The vanilla and the penn Dutch caught my eye well see how they are.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an HCA 1, you won't regret the purchase.

@silvermouse , I'm still awaiting arrival, and keep thinking about it.  I've never had a Churchwarden pipe before, I very nearly went with the Stokebye 4th gen when I couldn't get the HCA, but it only had the long stem.  My  question for you, and anyone else who wants to answer, is do you find you use the long stem?  Or is it kind of a novelty and you usually smoke with the regular one?  Just curious.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few but rarely smoke them. You'll need long pipe cleaners.... A bit about their history here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchwarden_pipe
  • Options
    I enjoy my churchwarden fairly frequently. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The long stem helps cool the tobacco off on it's trip down the stem resulting in less moisture in your bowl and a cooler smoke. I've always been a short, fat, chunky, nose warmer type of pipe guy until I got some long Savinelli pipes. I love the longer pipes. I don't have a church warden but I eyed the Stokkebye 4th Generation with the long stem. I just picked up two of the regular pipes recently and they are fantastic.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^

That is one heck of an order @captain_call

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Very nice.  Good luck with it
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very sexy pipe!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    That is nice @Stubble
    LoneSmoker

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy. That was another hard one to let go. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broke my buying freeze at my local

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    @Yakster you a threat hijacker!!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ah, oops, I'm sorry, it was late, I was tired. Their pipes were 50% off, almost on topic.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Ah, oops, I'm sorry, it was late, I was tired. Their pipes were 50% off, almost on topic.

You just wanted more "Awesomes"
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?