What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrong thread, again. I wish they were titled differently, 
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^  Good looking pipe Captain
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ron. It was love at first sight and once I got my mitts on it, it felt right too. It smokes really nice. It will be a great walkabout pipe for this summer
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pipe Luke, looks good and congrats on the new pickup :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Captain_Call, you've posted before that this is your favorite show, I think.  What do you like about it?  I've never smoked a Devil's Anse. (But love the Hatfield-Mcoy connection) 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Echambers said:
    @Captain_Call, you've posted before that this is your favorite show, I think.  What do you like about it?  I've never smoked a Devil's Anse. (But love the Hatfield-Mcoy connection) 
    I like straight leg pipes because I'm a rather wet smoker and a bent pipe I find to smoke wetter due to gravity pulling all that moisture down the curve. The short overall length really helps keep the weight down in addition to keeping the weight axis closer to the face. This makes it an easier pipe to hold in the teeth which is my preference and also the reason I'm a wet smoker. As far as that forward canted bowl, it just strikes me aesthetically in a way other pipes really don't. I like that short length allows me to maneuver around things without having to ditch the pipe. I often work while smoking and need both hands so I gravitate to hands free and easy clenching styles. 90 percent of my regular rotation pipes are less than 5 inches.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Enjoy Luke!  
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    How do you like it? I have 2016 and it was fantastic. I missed out on 2017 or maybe they didn't do a US release. 
  • Options
    I have only had one bowl.  It started out great, but I think I got it too hot.  After that, it had a terrible bite.  
  • Options
    I scored a tin of Rattrays Holiday Edition 2017 which is always a great smoke every year. Anyone else into holiday blends message me and I'll tell you where. Very affordable too. 
  • Options
    It was a good day

• Options
    Couple more landed today. 
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My winning from the Movie Trivia thread for @Puff_Dougie aka: Doug.

Thank sir!!!! I will smoke them in honor of you and the Gary Friar.   
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:

As they say, "Put that in your pipe and smoke it."
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    I've pipe smoked a cigar. It's actually a little disappointing. So much of the cigar flavor comes from skin on tobacco contact. You lose that in the pipe
  • Options
    Cigar in a pipe have no appeal to me. Just like the cigar blend pipe tobacco. I'd rather have the cigar. Maybe guys like that for a quicker smoke. 
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    ForMud said:

As they say, "Put that in your pipe and smoke it."
    Sorry.....The two alike threads always confuses me......Da med newb that I am. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I enjoyed the Maltese Falcon, hope you do too....great looking haul!!
  • Options
    I like that Balkan sasieni. And escudo is an awesome warm weather blend with some twang
  • Options
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I received a package in the mail, Direct from the vendor, so I don't have an address for return fire.
    @84CJ7 nuked my mailbox with his shenanigans. Thank You just doesn't seem like enough, but I am at a loss for any other  words. Your gracious gift will be enjoyed for a long long time and you will be thought of each time I fill the bowl.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    You are very welcome.  I've been thinking about doing this since you "Bing" thread post in April.

Now you can take it off your short list.

Enjoy! 

Mark
  • Options
    Methinks you may need some new samples to fill that bowl