Home Pipes
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Methinks you may need some new samples to fill that bowl
    I almost missed this.  @Captain_Call you and others have already been so kind in sharing samples.  I had kept some, and purchased some I really liked. I had more than I needed and sent some to another members.  I am currently out of tobacco storage at the moment. I know you guys will say something like buy a cooler or something like that  LOL
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So send jars in the next shipment? Got it
  • Options
    Oh boy
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake said:

@jsnake  man, you suck! I can never find ANYTHING esoterica in my area! 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    10 tins sasieni and a pound of stokkebye LTF
  • Options
    dbeckom said:
    jsnake said:

@jsnake  man, you suck! I can never find ANYTHING esoterica in my area! 
    Well I have some luck here. 
  • Options
    Don't know why it posted that new pic like that. I have a few bags. I can always try to snag bags or tins for you guys. My local gets regular shipments. They are small and sporadic but they always have some when I stop. I think bags are like $46 with tax and I would have to check on tin price. No guarantee which ones I could snag. I know they had Tilbury, Pembroke, Dorchester, and Margate in bags when I stopped a few days ago. 
  • Options
    jsnake said:
    Don't know why it posted that new pic like that. I have a few bags. I can always try to snag bags or tins for you guys. My local gets regular shipments. They are small and sporadic but they always have some when I stop. I think bags are like $46 with tax and I would have to check on tin price. No guarantee which ones I could snag. I know they had Tilbury, Pembroke, Dorchester, and Margate in bags when I stopped a few days ago. 

@jsnake I am about to go out of the country, but I will definitely get with you on this. I have had no experience with any of them, and would eventually love to try them all, but the Pembroke has my attention at the moment. 

People are insane over Esoterica...I saw an 8oz bag of Penzance go for $300 on eBay a few days ago!  😳

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Yesterday I got in some of the new Fusiler’s Ration Special Reserve...tasty stuff! I will buy a lot more before it is gone!

• Options
    @dbeckom let me know. This shop I hit gets regular random shipments. I kind of just buy what they have at the time. I can't promise a certain blend but surely I can get some. Of course if they ever have Stonehaven or Penzance I'll buy every ounce I can. 
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Fiver of escudo 
  • Options
    @Captain_Call,   What is scientifically Manufactured pipe tobacco?
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    Beats the hell out of me. I never noticed it said that. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's made with pressure and temperature and stuff.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    Make sure Monsanto doesn't grow it
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    Diver43 said:
    Make sure Monsanto doesn't grow it
    If I sprout a second tongue I'll let everyone know
  • Options
    The more I look at this picture, the better it gets. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hobo hot sauce aftermath?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Hobo hot sauce aftermath?
    Grew some poblanos.  Or, in this case, gruesome poblano.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be careful what you ask for!

Waaaazzzzuuuuuuuupppppp!

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    @Captain_Call Very Nice
    Is that bowl as large as it appears?
  • Options
    It's decent sized. I'd say on the large side of medium. It appears larger because I have the stem twisting away to beat the glare
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous pipe brother, congrats!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Picked up a little something today. Thinking of picking up more. They had Dunbar and Pembroke too. 
  • Options
    jsnake said:
    Picked up a little something today. Thinking of picking up more. They had Dunbar and Pembroke too. 
    @jsnake if I was at home I would have you to pick me up some while they have it