Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Just started on an 8 oz jar of G&H Brown Flake Unscented. A different flavor profile than many Var/Bur. blends but I am really starting to enjoy it too! Makes me want to try the scented version as well.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Had some plum cake earlier. Nice toasty VA flavors and hints of aro on the retro
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying some Molto dulce. Not bad. I'm usually not into aro's, but this one is going well.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    All the flake talk made me switch over to Solani ABF. Great for this time of year and I really like the fact that despite its med.-full body it has a very light and semi-pleasant (says the wife) room note.
  • Options
  • Options
    Opened a tin of Astley's No. 99 last night. Have had 3 bowls. I have to say right now it is one of the worst Lat. blends I have tried to date. It has 2 yrs. 9 months on it and it still bites and has a distinct plastic taste to it. I will put some in a jar for a week or so and see if that helps but I doubt this one will ever get purchased again. The best redeeming quality is that now I have 1 less tin in the cellar!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to my good friend Nathan , ive never enjoyed a blend soooooo much until now.

Kendal Kentucky. a Fire Cured delight!

That Kendal Kentucky is by far one of the best to have crossed my desk in awhile. Both I, and my Wife enjoy this stuff. I like it in a pipe, and she loves it in a ciggarette. Frankly... I enjoy it in a cig too. Its just darned good stuff and i cant wait to order a lb! Totally hooked!

Aj
  • Options
    1+. I love Kendal KY. One of the first blends I ever tried and I always have some around. I would hate for it to ever be discontinued.
  • Options
    Smoking Dunhill's Standard mix. tonight. Very good blend with 3 1/2 yrs on it. Would love to see what it does at 10.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Having a bowl of Black Velvet to start the day.
  • Options
    Solani ABF from 09. image
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking pipe bro.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Very nice pipe!
  • Options
    Thanks! Its a smaller Radice.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Something called English Pete it's a light English blend my shop sales.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying out the Peter Stokebye Nougat. I'm usually more into the English and Balkans, looking for something mellower to change up from Capt. Black Royal when I want an aromatic. I'm liking it pretty well, too. Sweet, but not too sweet, burns pretty well. Very happy with it so far.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Daughters & Ryan Picayune.

Im about 4 puffs from passing out. got some serious nicotine. I think im green right now.

this is awesome stuff. ya'll gotta try it.

Aj
  • Options
    Drew Estate Meat Pie. It's supposed to taste similar to the KFC, but it's not even close. If anyone has been curious about this, shoot me your addy and I'll send it to you. Can't see me smoking this very often...
  • Options
    Pipa, Vanilla Cavendish.

This has really become my everyday all day blend. It burns super super nice and very cleanly. really really taste like vanilla and super strong in vanilla scent. Only available in pouches and coming with a cob pipe for under 5 bucks makes it an extra winner in my book.

Aj
  • Options
    Cornell & Diehl Holiday Blend 2014. Yum!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    C&D Autumn Evening
  • Options
    Just cracked a tin of Capstan. The tin was marked 4/2/13. I have pulled about half and placed in a jar for additional aging. The 2 bowls I have smoked are not bad at all. It is a lightly aromatic flake, not what it was billed as but still very good. I would love to know what the top note is exactly. Being a navy flake I assume rum and I also get a little tonquin but the question is is it ground bean (I think it is) but can a DK producer use tonquin bean or do they have to use the extract because of all the laws on the bean itself?
  • Options
    robidanrobidan Posts: 14
    I like the Lane Burley light. Thanks
  • Options
    Smoking Tom Eltang's Mixture tonight. Not bad. A change from the VA/Per. Not sure yet if I will order it but it has some interesting moments.
  • Options
    Daughters & Ryan RamBack.

this is an excellent tobacco, designed as a RYO turkish blend it fits into a pipe and smokes like a champ. Fantastic blend if you want to try a straight oriental blend without the excessive virginia like some of the mcClellands.

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:

this is an excellent tobacco, designed as a RYO turkish blend it fits into a pipe and smokes like a champ. Fantastic blend if you want to try a straight oriental blend without the excessive virginia like some of the mcClellands.

Aj
    I need to try Mark Ryan's blends. I have recently heard very good things about them. I have hesitated several have also referenced that they are really RYO marketed as pipe tobacco to avoid the tax on the RYO tobacco. I think next time I order I will pick up a few oz. and see how it goes.
  • Options
    So I forgot to say that I just finished a bowl of G&H Kendal KY. Great mid morning smoke.
  • Options
    J.S.:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    I need to try Mark Ryan's blends. I have recently heard very good things about them. I have hesitated several have also referenced that they are really RYO marketed as pipe tobacco to avoid the tax on the RYO tobacco. I think next time I order I will pick up a few oz. and see how it goes.
    whats yer Addy? I can help you out. :)

Aj
  • Options
    Thanks for the thought but I already placed a small order! Really looking forward to trying the Picayune as I like a visit from St. Nic every once in a while. Hope to add it or something else stronger to that part of the rotation. Right now I like G&H Dark Bird's Eye, and Brown Irish X and SG's Brown rope #4 for a Nic hit. Other then prepping the rope these are great but another for a little more variety would be good.
  • Options
    Cracked a 2 yr. old jar of Esoterica Tilbury this morning. A very good VA/Bur. Getting hard to find though.