dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Frog Morton Frog On The Town.

Aj
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Virginia #1
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Just had time for a bowl of SG's FVF! I love that stuff.
  • Options
    Ashton Rainy Day.... was way better then I thought!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Tashkent in an Invicta bulldog.
  • Options
    costadelricacostadelrica Posts: 9
    Tinderbox Cherry Almond aromatic is an excellent pipe which I recommend to all the friends because it is esthetic and good taste: a good choice
  • Options
    FRog Morton..... I really really like this blend!

Aj
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    I tried my first bowl of FM Cellar last night, this is awesome! how do the other FM blends compare? is there anything available in bulk that is similar?
  • Options
    onestrangeone:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    I tried my first bowl of FM Cellar last night, this is awesome! how do the other FM blends compare? is there anything available in bulk that is similar?
    I'm not to sure if is available in bulk... but that would be nice! I have a few other tins of the Frog Morton series, I will mail you some samples before you buy!

Aj
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    There is really nothing in bulk that I found to be similar to any of the FM series; they are just one of a kind in my honest opinion. Right now I'm smoking one of the new Captain Black Premium blend--Midnight Gold--and it is really nice.
  • Options
    I had some Ogdens Walnut on Monday and after that MacBarens dark twist.
  • Options
    SashavoiSashavoi Posts: 8
    For the past month I am smoking Balkan Luxury, really nice and strong flavor.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Peterson Hyde Park
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sashavoi:
    For the past month I am smoking Balkan Luxury, really nice and strong flavor.
    Good stuff, I haven't found anything else quite like it. I've tried several other Balkans, none compare.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Peterson winter 2013...it's gooooood
  • Options
    Getting ready for Mag. O. I have just had a few bowls so far but I like it. Very good English.
  • Options
    Just popping a jar of G&H #12 mix. It has 2.5 years on it and I hope it softened and sweetened just a little from when I first tried it. Hoping for a great evening.
  • Options
    Had two bowls of nightcap Saturday. Wonderful blend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    I've been puffing on a lot of SG Grousemoor.
  • Options
    CAO Moontrance... i needed some sweet today!

Aj
  • Options
    Lately I have been smoking black cav mixed with nat cav or burley from lane. For Some reason I really like that wet rich aro taste, sometimes with a bit if perique. I've been told I need to try creme brûlée here soon as well. My favorite pipe shop closed down that had several blends I smoke regularly so now I'm trying to recreate them with lane bulk.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Lately I have been smoking black cav mixed with nat cav or burley from lane. For Some reason I really like that wet rich aro taste, sometimes with a bit if perique. I've been told I need to try creme brûlée here soon as well. My favorite pipe shop closed down that had several blends I smoke regularly so now I'm trying to recreate them with lane bulk.
    how are you going about mixing? are you measuring amounts out or the ol'eyeball pinch method? just curious as to how well your re-creating blends.

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    catfishbluezz:
    how are you going about mixing? are you measuring amounts out or the ol'eyeball pinch method? just curious as to how well your re-creating blends.

Aj
    Eye-balling it lol. Sometimes I come close, using large pinches really. I plan on buying a digital scale here soon, like the drug dealers use. I did blend a few with a scale at the shop before it closed as well.
  • Options
    very cool, i have been using a scale and the little cups from cough medicine. I love blending. I think its the best part of pipes. no need to be an awesome roller. just need good tobacco.

Aj
  • Options
    It's so weird though, because the tobacco by itself at times is almost flavorless. But for some reason, the right combinations all of the sudden make them come alive and match the aroma. I love it man.
  • Options
    My three favorites are Lane 1Q, Lane BCA and Borkum Riff Bourbon
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been mixing about 60% Sutliff Balkan II with 40% C&D Pirate Kake, comes out quite nicely. Adds depth to the Balkan, smooths out the Pirate Kake, as well as keeping it burning. Pretty nice.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    5 Brothers Pipe Tobacco. Fresh pouch and this one was delicious. I wish cigarettes tasted this way.

Aj
  • Options
    Just took time to smoke G&H's Dark Bird's Eye. A nice VA with a light lakeland topping. Not bad and has a good nic hit too.
  • Options
    Been smoking some local blends, some royal, lane bulks, and random stuff i have gotten over the year. I actually keep a cigar box with pipe stuff in my truck now. I smoke mainly while I drive, and when I am out and about and do not have the time for a cigar. I just ordered a scale to start blending with, and am going to order some bulks from Lamb here at CCom to begin blending small batches. Once I nail my likes, I will order large bags, blend and jar them all.