Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Frog Morton bayou. Really starting to like this and the regular frog Morton. I'm also gettin much better at smoking really. I wish I knew how important tamping was at first. To me it's a constant thing almost, and is the key to a good light and slow even burn.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Yep, tamping is both a science and an art. Do it right, with the right pack and no interruptions and you can smoke almost anything to the bottom of the bowl. I decided on G&H's Kendal KY tonight. A very good burley blend with nothing added to it. Shag cut so it smokes quickly, nice and strong, it is too hot to stay out long still. Ready for better weather.
  • Options
    Just had time for a quick bowl of G & H's Kendal KY. A great quick smoke that has a nice amount of vitamin N!
  • Options
    mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    My latest delivery arrived today, but it was too windy to light up. Tomorrow I'm going to try all three: Drama Reserve (a favorite), Club Blend Samovar (new), and Legends (new). I'm anticipating these more than any other tobacco to date, I hope they don't disappoint.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Working till close tonight in the office, so I have my Nording Royal Jack with some Frogmorton Cellar Reserve.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Mcclelland Dominican glory maduro, and old favorite
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Interesting... I'm heading up there for a Saturday afternoon here soon to have lunch with a buddy from my old job, we need to herf after. I blended my own pipe tobacco as well and I'll bring ya some. Waht kind of pipe tobacco's you smoking?
  • Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Bullseye flake. I could smoke this *** until I cant breathe anymore.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McClelland holiday Spirit 2009 and Peterson Christmas Blend 2009. Both are amazing. Trying to smoke them all up.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Jetmech_63:
    Interesting... I'm heading up there for a Saturday afternoon here soon to have lunch with a buddy from my old job, we need to herf after. I blended my own pipe tobacco as well and I'll bring ya some. Waht kind of pipe tobacco's you smoking?

Sorry man, just saw this(text me when youre in town!) I smoke some aromatic but i'm digging cigar blends and VaPer's a lot too.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Frog Morton bayou. Really starting to like this and the regular frog Morton. I'm also gettin much better at smoking really. I wish I knew how important tamping was at first. To me it's a constant thing almost, and is the key to a good light and slow even burn.
    Reminds me of how much I still have to learn.
  • Options
    Molto dolce, it's like dessert in my pipe!
  • Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    If you like Frog Morton, try McClelland's 5110 in bulk. It costs less.
  • Options
    Finished a bowl of a light aromativ from my local B&M called Pipe Dream, it tasted like celery seed. Very strange. About to fire up some C&D Milk and Honey. I didnt like it initially when i opened the tin 2 months ago but revisited it last night and now it's great.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    If you like Frog Morton, try McClelland's 5110 in bulk. It costs less.
    second
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Having a bowl of Peterson Hyde Park. I tried this a month ago and it was decent but after letting it dry it's awesome! It is fermented with maple and other sugars and I can taste the burnt sugar caramel flavor coming through, wow, I really like this!. Any other suggestions for blends like this? It's kind of like my taste in cigars, I do t like infused(or pipe toppings) but I really like natural sweetness. Don't know if being fermented with sugars is "natural sweetness" but I'm a fan! About to pack another bowl! Pilgrimtex, what do you think?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    One similar that I really dig is C&D Autumn Evening.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Having a bowl of Peterson Hyde Park. I tried this a month ago and it was decent but after letting it dry it's awesome! It is fermented with maple and other sugars and I can taste the burnt sugar caramel flavor coming through, wow, I really like this!. Any other suggestions for blends like this? It's kind of like my taste in cigars, I do t like infused(or pipe toppings) but I really like natural sweetness. Don't know if being fermented with sugars is "natural sweetness" but I'm a fan! About to pack another bowl! Pilgrimtex, what do you think?
    I have had this on my want to try list too. I don't know if anyone else remembers the Wolf Bother's crook's back in the early 90's but they were a sweet cigar (rum and sugar cured if I recall) that was OK for my taste then. I wonder if it is similar?
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake... Awesome VA flake. Not too sweet, and super creamy smoke. Not as citrusy or peppery as Orlik... more of a bready sweetness. I'd recommend this to anyone who even remotely likes an occasional good virginia
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Cornell and Diehl Bayou morning, awesome out of a small bowl dublin!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Cornell and Diehl Bayou morning, awesome out of a small bowl dublin!!
    I just ordered some of that and I think I will really enjoy it. I think I'll try another bowl right after I finish some Early Morning Pipe.
  • Options
    Samuel Gawith squadron leader .
  • Options
    Bamablows:
    Samuel Gawith squadron leader .
    How do you like that one? I've heard it's good, but have never had it.
  • Options
    Very good, i like the smell of Latakia and this one definitely has a strong aroma. But I'm no expert, sot my opinion is about all I can give ya. I'm smoking some Gordon pym right now and I think it burns quite a bit cooler than the squadron leader and the texture is different. Side by side I prefer the Gordon pym. (When I say burn cooler I just mean it doesn't burn my toung as bad)
  • Options
    MacBaren HH Mature Virginia
  • Options
    Bamablows:
    Very good, i like the smell of Latakia and this one definitely has a strong aroma. But I'm no expert, sot my opinion is about all I can give ya. I'm smoking some Gordon pym right now and I think it burns quite a bit cooler than the squadron leader and the texture is different. Side by side I prefer the Gordon pym. (When I say burn cooler I just mean it doesn't burn my toung as bad)
    Gotcha! I usually don't like a whole lot of Latakia, but sometimes I'm in the mood. I've not heard of the Gordon Pym.
  • Options
    If you are looking for blends that are not lat. bombs, I like Dan's Midnight ride. Also, Peterson's Old Dublin is a great starting blend. Although I don't like Davidoff's pipe tobaccos as much as their cigars their Royalty is a good blend that is not big on lat. too.
  • Options
    J.S.:
    If you are looking for blends that are not lat. bombs, I like Dan's Midnight ride. Also, Peterson's Old Dublin is a great starting blend. Although I don't like Davidoff's pipe tobaccos as much as their cigars their Royalty is a good blend that is not big on lat. too.
    I may look out for the Dan... Haven't tried any of their stuff, but I have 4 or 5 tins of veermaster aging. About the most lat I typically like is Nightcap or frog on the bayou. A new favorite of mine is GLP Chelsea morning just a little lat mixed in.

smoking my second bowl of MacBaren Scottish blend today.
  • Options
    MacBaren's Scottish mix is one of the few aros that I really do like. It is a great mild blend that could be enjoyed all day. You will go through it quickly.
  • Options
    J.S.:
    MacBaren's Scottish mix is one of the few aros that I really do like. It is a great mild blend that could be enjoyed all day. You will go through it quickly.
    I barely noticed it was an aro. Very Mild topping and tobacco. I think I will like it a lot.

Now smoking G&H Coconut twist (rope).