Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Tried some Black Shag 221b, real fine cut. Burned like ***. Packed a bowl o Blue Mountain and it is very enjoyable, significant tongue burn though. Both are McClelland.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macbaren Golden Extra. In a Radice rind apple image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    catfishbluezz:
    Tried some Black Shag 221b, real fine cut. Burned like ***. Packed a bowl o Blue Mountain and it is very enjoyable, significant tongue burn though. Both are McClelland.
    Shag will burn faster and hotter (if you are not careful). I have found like any cut some shags burn better when packed a little lighter, but that is just me. I would try packing lighter and if that does not work pack it heavier. Everyone's pace is different but shag has to be packed a little different than your average ribbon cut.
  • Options
    J.S.:
    catfishbluezz:
    Shag will burn faster and hotter (if you are not careful). I have found like any cut some shags burn better when packed a little lighter, but that is just me. I would try packing lighter and if that does not work pack it heavier. Everyone's pace is different but shag has to be packed a little different than your average ribbon cut.
    I kind of figured that. I packed it tight with the tamper trying to get it to burn, and it just got hot so I tossed it since it woudl not stay lit.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got my first pipe yesterday.just a little corn cobber to see if i like it.smoking the vanille cavendish that came with it .not bad not bad at all...
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Just finished up with some Proper English tonight. This used to be one of my go to blends but I have not been smoking it as much. My palate is changing quite a lot of late. I think I will finish this jar and let the rest age a little before I open any more.
  • Options
    Mcclellanf easy street. It's an aro, black cavendish, so far I really dig it
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I wish it was the Black Maple J03zr sent me forever ago, but alas it is all gone, lately it was a test blend made by some dude over @ P&C forever agoi called Island Ambrosia, not bad, just kinda weak nicotine wise.
  • Options
    I just got done smoking some Lane 1Q. Its pretty good smokes pretty cool and smooth.
  • Options
    Just opened another tin of Old Dublin. A very good med. bodied English. This one has 18 months on it so I would guess not much change yet but I just could not wait any longer.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Got my order in today, decided to go with the Lane Burley light without a bite

Mr.Fusion:
    I just got done smoking some Lane 1Q. Its pretty good smokes pretty cool and smooth.
    thats going to be my next bowl, ive heard good things about the blend.
  • Options
    taythegibs:
    Got my order in today, decided to go with the Lane Burley light without a bite

Mr.Fusion:
    thats going to be my next bowl, ive heard good things about the blend.
    i ended up having some Peter Stokkebye 46 Cinnamon last night, but the 1q will come out today, even if i have to go ahead and pack it now.
  • Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Started on 1Q and went up from there. 1Q a good easy going blend but will bite if smoked enough. Now smoking my own blends exclusively.
  • Options
    pilgrimtex:
    Started on 1Q and went up from there. 1Q a good easy going blend but will bite if smoked enough. Now smoking my own blends exclusively.
    Walt it is good to see you back on the forum it seems like it has been a while. I hope all has been well.
  • Options
    pilgrimtex:
    ive gone through 2 bowls of 1Q today, and i really need another pipe, lol!
  • Options
    I really enjoy the 1Q. I have not got any bite from it yet,
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Dunhill flake in a Kaywoodie. This is an excellent VA tobacco.
  • Options
    Only two bowls? When you hit 20 in a day call me. LOL
    Today so far has been Walt's blends ; Gloucester, Baffin Bay and original. At the moment its a Stogie and Blackberry Brandy in my lounge
  • Options
    Marker:
    Dunhill flake in a Kaywoodie. This is an excellent VA tobacco.
    I like Flake it is a good VA. I can pick out a top note, that seems to get between me and the tobacco flavor at times but still a quality blend.
  • Options
    pilgrimtex:
    Today so far has been Walt's blends ; Gloucester, Baffin Bay and original. At the moment its a Stogie and Blackberry Brandy in my lounge
    20 bowls?? I would not have enough time in a day. Most bowls take me at least an hour.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Black & Gold
  • Options
    J.S.:
    pilgrimtex:
    20 bowls?? I would not have enough time in a day. Most bowls take me at least an hour.

Its what I do. LOL
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Something called twisted peat. It's a flake tobacco I got from a b and m. First time with flake not sure if I packed it right . Then again I'm never sure if I pack my pipes right.
  • Options
    ive had a long day, started at 5 am and went with my grandpa to a big fleamarket to sell some junk, had to get my uncle's old buick started and am just now getting some alone time even though i have 5 more blends to try i reached for the 1Q again, i have a feeling its going to become what the 5vegas classic is to me in cigars, a reliable, good, inexpensive smoke. it will be on my next order for sure.
  • Options
    Well, a long day that will start a very long week. I had to stop and take a break grabbed Kendal KY fro G and H. A good strong blend with a nice Nick kick. Feeling better. Back to it!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Sutliff field master in a rock cob.
  • Options
    Lane 1-q for me tonight.
  • Options
    Smoked some Prince albert tonight out of my Dr.grabow.
  • Options
    probably went through 1/3 of an ounce of lane 1Q and some of the Lane BCA as well.
  • Options
    A bowel of twisted peat. A flake tobbacco. Tried rubbing it out instead of folding. Burned and tasted much better. Still expanded quite a bit.