Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely had it a little easier than that. Papers are a hassle I don't want to deal with
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vincent Manil Semois Val Ardennaise La Brumeuse Coupe Grosse from '06 in a long stemmed cutty.
  • Options
    Now that is a mouthful
  • Options
    Hal O' the Wynd in a Sav Onda bent brandy
  • Options
    Orlik golden slice in a Missouri meerschaum cobbit. My first time with it. I'd be interested to see what that Virginia does with some age
  • Options
    War Horse, a blend of Perique, VA, Burley, and dark fired Kentucky. Very nice, strong.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DunHill Night Cap in a new Missouri Meerschaum from @Captain_Call. Thanks for this, Luke! I'l post up photos tomorrow.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Starting off pretty strong chief. Enjoy
  • Options
    Funny thing is it didn't even make me dizzy. Went with Early Morning Pipe thus morning. Good taste and the burn is better. I like how you get a little sweetness of the cob from time to time 

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Started my day with Dunhill Early Morning.  NICE and mellow  Thank Ypu @Captain_Call
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Markwell said:
    Funny thing is it didn't even make me dizzy. Wen8t with Early Morning Pipe thus morning. Good taste and the burn is better. I like how you get a little sweetness of the cob from time to time 

I was super envious of that twain. I'll be getting myself one soon. I've noticed that strong pipes and strong cigars don't hit me the same. With a cigar I may get dizzy or feel light headed. Strong pipes almost make me feel heavy and sleepy. The first time I smoked 965 I felt like I gained 100 pounds. And it's considered a fairly medium blend. The nightcap is considered even stronger still. 

I've got some stuff that is even more potent if you decide your socks weren't thoroughly knocked off

I was just noting that it was interesting that you reached for that one. Most new guys reach for what smells good first. But then again, you did say you liked it strong.
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    Started my day with Dunhill Early Morning.  NICE and mellow  Thank Ypu @Captain_Call
    It is certainly a crowd favorite. I find it complex enough to keep your interest without giving you tunnel vision. Some of the more complex blends seems to demand so much attention to realize its potential. I get made fun of on the vherf because I completely tune out and focus on appreciating the fleeting wisps of a certain tobacco
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    Funny thing is it didn't even make me dizzy. Wen8t with Early Morning Pipe thus morning. Good taste and the burn is better. I like how you get a little sweetness of the cob from time to time 

I was super envious of that twain. I'll be getting myself one soon. I've noticed that strong pipes and strong cigars don't hit me the same. With a cigar I may get dizzy or feel light headed. Strong pipes almost make me feel heavy and sleepy. The first time I smoked 965 I felt like I gained 100 pounds. And it's considered a fairly medium blend. The nightcap is considered even stronger still. 

I've got some stuff that is even more potent if you decide your socks weren't thoroughly knocked off

I was just noting that it was interesting that you reached for that one. Most new guys reach for what smells good first. But then again, you did say you liked it strong.
    Ha, well you know. I' definitely a full flavor man. Let's wait and see what happens with the stuff I've got before we go organizing anything else. After the holidays I may hit you up again. 

In the meantime, if I run across anything in my B&M that's irresistible I'll send you some.
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    In the meantime, if I run across anything in my B&M that's irresistible I'll send you some.
    That's the spirit. I welcome all challenges
  • Options
    I ran like a train since about 2 today. Dragged a bowl of Peterson Irish flake well past 2 hours while I cranked out spaghetti over my fire pit. I love outdoor cooking. Then I slipped into the herf station for a 965 to serve as a precursor for a bowl of Sam Gawith black Irish xx. That is a very labor intensive smoke due to the preparation but well worth it for that flavor and body. Then I chugged three bowls of Habana daydream on the vherf
  • Options
    Chonowitsch T14 in the long-suffering meer billiard.
  • Options
    GH Burley & Bright in a Grabow Viking billiard
  • Options
    Esoterica Peacehaven in the Viking.
  • Options
    McClelland 2010
    First time trying this one from the sampler courtesy of @Captain_Call
    So far none I disliked but some are nicer than others, consider this right in the middle.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Good to hear it's all been at least fair to middling. That 2010 is a no frills straight Virginia flake. I have found it smokes differently based on how far you break it back down. But it may also just not be your cup of tea. All the other blends you have spoken higher of all had burley in common without being straight burley. Maybe thats your key
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally found time to fire up a pipe on Thanksgiving Day and I decided to go with some Cavendish in the Woods. A nice fall aromatic in line with C&D Autumn Evening. Hoping to smoke more this winter. 
  • Options
    Peter stokkebye Norwegian in a wally frank Canadian. It's not my usual profile but a fine mild smoke nonetheless
  • Options
    GH Kendal Kentucky 
  • Options
    Finished the night with some billy budd. A fair smoke but as far as blends with cigar leaf go, Habana daydream reigns supreme for me
  • Options
    GLPease Embarkadero, red Virginia dosed with Izmir.
  • Options
    MacBaren's Roll Cake Dark Twist jarred up in 2007, euphoric if smoked slowly.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m about to go fire up some Sutliff Christmas Spice. 
  • Options
    Peterson Sherlock Holmes
  • Options

Also Peterson Sherlock, followed by Just For Him Battleground, while out playing with the steam trains today.