Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P&C was out of the 5110 for a long time, then they got it and I thought "OK, but I've mixed up so much of these other blends".  Looked last week, dang if they're not out again!  

It's all good, as I've still got too much of my home-made Oriental and English blends, but next time I'm getting a pound before it disappears again!

;) 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran into that issue with McClelland 5100 too. Got a quarter ounce sample, enjoyed it and thought I'll tack some on my next order. Lo and behold, nobody has it anywhere. I suppose I could trawl the list of b&m that sell via the web but like you said, I have so many other blends, I don't really need it
  • Options
    Do you find a definitive differemce between tinned and bulk?
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the bulk has been sitting around in a plastic bag for a year it will taste different from the same blend that has been ageing anaerobically in a tin, at least that is true for Virginia blends, not so much for Aeros and burleys.
  • Options
    Different how? Like it hasn't aged or like it has picked up the taste of plastic? I use almost all bulk and I want to make sure I'm getting the best smoke. 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the stage of sampling and finding what i like so tins give me a good shake of if i like it or not. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying some Peterson Old Dublin. Thank you @Captain_Call for sending me some. Really liking this blend
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunhill early mornin blend
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    MacBaren HH Mature Virginia in a Sav Toscana saddle bit billiard
  • Options
    nice pipe^
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a fun time.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a blast and Luke really helped me to learn a lot. Will still be a while before I have everything working right consistently but it’ll be fun to learn!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    War Horse in a Goede Wagen double-walled clay billiard
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonshine ****.  I am really liking this blend.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lane BLWB
    I read reviews and some say they taste coconut, I dont even notice a hint of that, but enjoy the mild almost sweet flavor
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    MacBaren Roll Cake in a Mark Tinsky freehand bent Dublin.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Dublin in a cob. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top Cherry in a cob -- I got the cherry on a lark and smoked a couple of bowls and didn't care for it much but this bowl was great. The cherry really came through and not in a stick sweet kind of way. Surprisingly pleasant.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Dokha in a medwakh
  • Options
    Trying that lane 1q for what I'm certain is my first time. Gently sweet with a bit of cocoa but not full blown chocolate. It's not thrilling me just because it's threatening to bite and it's relatively thin bodied compared to my staple blends but it's good enough I would buy a pound of it for the room note and an empty stomach smoke. 
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stubble that is a sexy pipe!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake said:
    @Stubble that is a sexy pipe!
    Thanks Jake, 2004 Stanwell pipe of the year.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orlik. Golden Slice
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dokha in a medwakh
    I'm sure that means something to experienced Piper's, but it looks like your cat walked across your keyboard. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    ^Middle-eastern high potency tobacco, dried without fermentation and smoked one puff at a time in a tiny pipe. It is available in the States here:
    https://www.medwakh.com/products/al_dhi_b_hot-medwakh-dokha?variant=35520379662

https://kingdomdokha.com/history-of-dokha/