Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, respect: "Means The Wolf in Arabic, and that's what this blend is. It's an angry hot blend that will grab your throat, and then slay you with an amazing buzz. Not for beginners!"
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting marketing approach. I wonder how many sales they make on bravado alone
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newminster  403 Slices, supplied by @Captain_Call.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yakster said:
    Dang, respect: "Means The Wolf in Arabic, and that's what this blend is. It's an angry hot blend that will grab your throat, and then slay you with an amazing buzz. Not for beginners!"

I looked at the various tobaccos, dokhas?, and see them rated Hot, Cold, Warm.  Makes you wonder.  I remember seeing men in markets and coffee houses in Morocco smoking pipes like that and thinking it was all Kif, but one of the locals had told me it was (mostly) tobacco. 

Funny, didn't look like tobacco.  

I liked those pipes, though.  The minimalist approach.

I have to add, that is a fascinating site, @silvermouse , The "Horde of the Rings" collection interests me.  As well as "your grandfathers medwakh".  I'm going to have to think about that.
    Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GLP Embarkadero in a Tinsky
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We Three Kings
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunhill my mixture 965 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    First bowl of the New Year
    Peterson Irish Oak. Once again courtesy of @Captain_Call

Very light smoke in a cob
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Working through the baccy pouch of 1q and I have to say it's growing on me. I can't say whether i am smoking it better or it is smoking better as it dries some in the unsealed pouch, or maybe some of both. The flavor is opening some and I'm getting a little vanilla playing off chocolate. But it still lacks the body I like. It's more like an appetizer smoke...it gets me grumbling for a big main course. 
  • Options
    Working through the baccy pouch of 1q and I have to say it's growing on me. I can't say whether i am smoking it better or it is smoking better as it dries some in the unsealed pouch, or maybe some of both. The flavor is opening some and I'm getting a little vanilla playing off chocolate. But it still lacks the body I like. It's more like an appetizer smoke...it gets me grumbling for a big main course. 
    That's my feeling exactly!
  • Options
    First pipe: a generic burley from my local BnM in my Savenelli.
    Second Pipe : Top Black Cherry in my cob.

You'll see a lot of this since I have two pipes (but a third is on the way, and I'm deciding on my fourth) and just a few jars of tobacco (but more of that on the way too!)
  • Options
    Echambers said:
    ...have just a few jars of tobacco (but more of that on the way too!)

• Options
    Had a bowl of Peterson Irish flake and one of JFH shortcut to shroom
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    @avengethis how did you do the flake?
  • Options
    Fold in half with grain, then in half against. Didnt burn very well.  I'll probably rub it down next time. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C&D Night Train
  • Options
    Fold in half with grain, then in half against. Didnt burn very well.  I'll probably rub it down next time. 
    I haven't had much luck with the fold and stuff but a method that worked decent for me was to let it dry some as an intact flake, then push it down the bowl while I twist it. If I sent enough to do that and a rub, it might be worth trying. But breaking it down to ribbon is sure to work as long as it's dry enough. My biggest hurdle on the flakes is the moisture
  • Options
    Yeah looking back I think I should have let it sit out a bit to dry as it was a struggle to get it to burn.  I have read that can be a common thing with the folding method for flake.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    Never tried that tobacco, but sure like the looks of that pipe.
  • Options
    Lane 1Q in my corncob pipe.
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    Stubble said:
    Never tried that tobacco, but sure like the looks of that pipe.
    It's easily in my top three English...if I can find it. It's been a little scarce in my normal haunts lately.

Are you going to tell us what the pipe is @Stubble
  • Options
    edited January 2018

The pipe is a sandblasted Stanwell Barok.  The only information I have about it is this, from the website I purchased it from.  "The Barok series is one we never saw until several turned up amongst the dozens of briars acquired as a result of the cleaning out of the old Stanwell factory.  The defining characteristic of the series is the shank treatment, wherein it features a sterling silver band sandwiched between two slender brass rings."

@captain_call

@diver43; I will send you some...no point in arguing. 

• Options
    Stubble said:

The pipe is a sandblasted Stanwell Barok.  The only information I have about it is this, from the website I purchased it from.  "The Barok series is one we never saw until several turned up amongst the dozens of briars acquired as a result of the cleaning out of the old Stanwell factory.  The defining characteristic of the series is the shank treatment, wherein it features a sterling silver band sandwiched between two slender brass rings."

@captain_call

Awesome. I like the saddle stem on it. I'm all set on squadron leader for now. I got a line on some recently after some deeper searching.
  • Options
    Echambers said:

Just saw this and...nope. I don't participate in bombs.
  • Options
    Echambers said:
    Echambers said:

Well you see...you don't have a say, that's what makes it a bomb
  • Options
    Echambers said:
    Echambers said:

Well you see...you don't have a say, that's what makes it a bomb
    And to think I thought I actually liked you...
  • Options
    Stubble said:

@captain_call

WOW, not only a looker, but a little or lack of history also