Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't see it until now but it looks like that plate in the picture above is sporting a tobacco beard. :D

This morning, I'm smoking Ken Byron Burley Morning Pipe in my small, but mighty, half-saddle, quarter-flake Norm Triptow billiard with some Uganda Sipi Falls black coffee.

I'm down to the bottom of the bag on this tobacco, but I ordered some more bags and have since found that I already have more bags so I'm good for the Burley Morning Pipe for a while. I normally really enjoy this blend, but this morning it's just tasting like bad breath. The coffee tastes normal so I don't think I've lost my sense of smell or anything, I had a spicy chicken Biryani and some spicy Samosas last night which I enjoyed. Not sure if I've smoked this blend in this pipe, may just be a bad fit, too small a bowl, or maybe all the Burley leaves at the bottom of the bag don't have that much topping on them.

Happy Sunday all!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

@Yakster - love the look of those pipes and have been wanting to order one since they released them. I think you're pushing me into "spend more money" land.

• Options

PAD is real.

HH Old Dark Fired in my Peterson Halloween 2021 XL-315 while watering the grass. This pipe is a good clencher.

• Options

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in my Neal Monier Bing.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

LBF in a Penzo.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

GLP Embarkadero in a Dunhill Root Briar bulldog.

• Options

Reiner Long Golden Flake in my AKB bent lattice Dublin meer.

• Options

Just went for a walk and had a bowl of Wessex Red Virginia Flake in one of my basket pipes.

I have a lot of no-name, basket pipes and really love them. A few are meh but most smoke like absolute champs.

• Options

I took a walk after lunch with the dogs, they've been cooped up all day, with my Briar Works Bullmoose pipe with Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake in the bowl. It was a nice break and a chance to stretch out my legs and back, but I didn't get a chance to finish the bowl yet. I'll get back to it later.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:
    Bat with a Hat in a 2003 Stanwell.

Pipe Game is Strong!!

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options

Had some Peterson Nightcap last night. Forgot how good that stuff was. I have 1 older tin from Dunhill (17 or 18) that I’m letting rest for a bit before I open it.

• Options

Enjoy, Brother.

• Options

TSC Treasure Island in a custom MRM cob.

• Options

That's a great looking accent piece, Steve.

Since I've successfully stocked up on the Reiner LGF (Long Golden Flake), I figured I could start smoking it more often. I measured and cut off enough slices of LGF to fit in my Andrey Kharitonov tomato, I was surprised to find that I could fit eight cut pieces in this pipe. I set these flakes out to dry a bit and then I loaded up the pipe with the flakes and bought it out to the patio to enjoy while working.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put some Balkan Sasenei in the gorgeous Neerup Pickaxe today, turned the radio to classical, big housework day. Love classical music to clean house.

The neighbors might think I'm a little eccentric, if there were any neighbors close enough to hear me.

Symphony, not opera. I can't take much opera.

Perhaps I'm an eccentric Philistine?

I'm OK with that.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

I've got the complete 15 CD set of Wagner's Ring Opera, don't play it much anymore, used to have a big changer I could put them all on to play and play and play. Now I can only load up five at a time. Really should have just grabbed the 1 CD Highlights as much as Wagner reused his motifs.

Packed my Chacom second with Old Joe Krantz to enjoy on the patio.

• Options

Sutliff 1022 (515-RC1 with equal parts of the 507-S) in my Briar Works Bullmose.

• Options

KBV Van Gogh in a pot by J. Everett Pipes.

• Options

Edward G. Robinson pipe blend in my small, but mighty, half-saddle, quarter-flake Norm Triptow pipe, using my Norm Tamper that came with the pipe in the background.