Comments

• Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    jliu:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    Vulchor:
    Beat.....you might be getting a little bent out of shape over a guys opinion man, and someone loves a hobby may be different to another-----just sayin
    Jiunn's hobby involves pooping
    not to be TMI but I called sick into work today b/c I am incredibly constipated... started yesterday afternoon and I would say after that avo I just had, I feel a bit better
    One word Jiuly..stool softeners....need some??
    no sir! i refuse sir! i think you're great jason
    Thanks Jiunn!!

P.S. You can call and listen to me talk anytime!! lol
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    SleevePlz:
    I knew I should have just ignored this post from the start. You wrote a controversial post. It created controversy. Somehow, we all act surprised.
    LOL, it created a discussion and thats all. I understand I may not be the most popular guy for a while, but at the end of the day, you liking AJ cigars is no different then me not liking them.
    Were you ever popular? I don't recal you ever being the prom queen or anything.
    Jason maybe this is you in 30 years?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmannAYiwh0
    Steve, I'll have you know, I was Mr. Sack of Potatos 4 years in a row, thank you very much!!!

Thats for sure me in 30 years, Im going to need a good driver, hmmmmm, what are you doing in about 30 years? lol
    Bro I'd be glad to pimp a Rolls with you as long as my stipulations were met. We'd have to get a system in there, some dice attached to rear view, lift it a little and put it on 24s and let me rock my black chucks and Cardinals hat backwards.
    I went to a night club opening in Sydney, Australia in April. I was rocking black slacks/Black button up, a Loose white tie and black chucks. Everyone kept asking me where the bathroom was.. so annoying. That outfit was ban from all club events after that.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    SleevePlz:
    I knew I should have just ignored this post from the start. You wrote a controversial post. It created controversy. Somehow, we all act surprised.
    LOL, it created a discussion and thats all. I understand I may not be the most popular guy for a while, but at the end of the day, you liking AJ cigars is no different then me not liking them.
    Steve, I'll have you know, I was Mr. Sack of Potatos 4 years in a row, thank you very much!!!

Thats for sure me in 30 years, Im going to need a good driver, hmmmmm, what are you doing in about 30 years? lol
    Bro I'd be glad to pimp a Rolls with you as long as my stipulations were met. We'd have to get a system in there, some dice attached to rear view, lift it a little and put it on 24s and let me rock my black chucks and Cardinals hat backwards.
    I went to a night club opening in Sydney, Australia in April. I was rocking black slacks/Black button up, a Loose white tie and black chucks. Everyone kept asking me where the bathroom was.. so annoying. That outfit was ban from all club events after that.
    Just curious Steve was there any shoe shuffling or tapping followed by a wink or strange grin when they were asking you about the bathroom???
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    9 pages in 4 yours... this is impressive
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    SleevePlz:

I think I can accomadate your demands LOL
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Thats what Im sayin!!! LOL
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    robbyras:

This! I was trying to read it and couldn't keep up as the pages kept being added on as people kept replying...Sheehz!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    SleevePlz:

Just curious Steve was there any shoe shuffling or tapping followed by a wink or strange grin when they were asking you about the bathroom???
    I wish Rudy.. They were HOT AUSTRALIANS.. On the real only place I've seen better looking women was in Slovakia.
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    The Kid:
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    bigfnsteve:
    Smokindaddy:
    SleevePlz:

I wish Rudy.. They were HOT AUSTRALIAN GIRLs.. On the real only place I've seen better looking women was in Slovakia.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I'm totally smoking a fuente right now because of this thread
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Great, does that mean I have to light up a MOW now?? LoL
  • Options
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Nope...but if you don't like AJ, them you must not like Don Alejandro....fail lol
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    wow... so many people took this thread to heart.

just chill.
    there is nothing wrong with holding an opinion of a blending style for a hobby that is very subjective to begin with.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Nope...but if you don't like AJ, them you must not like Don Alejandro....fail lol
    Mr. Loves DPG but doesn't like Tats.. Huh uh
  • Options
    kuzi16:

just chill.
    there is nothing wrong with holding an opinion of a blending style for a hobby that is very subjective to begin with.
    I know...I find that so comical at times. At first, I had a hard time telling people when I didn't like something. Once I realized how subjective it is, I find it comical now. And I promise to smoke more LFD and tell you if I eat crow
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    That's PJ bro...he and I just don't get along lol
  • Options
    kuzi16:

just chill.
    +100
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    jgibv:
    Smokindaddy:
    Back to the review; In my opinion, most AJ blends are the same. I don't get much difference at all. There is nothing that grabs my attention and makes me think I need to buy a box of any of the sticks Ive smoked. I have tried AJ sticks ROTT and aged and have not been impressed. I honestly think that AJ and everything he produces is over hyped due to his training from a known master blender and add to that pricing that would blind and convince anyone to buy mass quantitys of below average sticks. To sum this review up, I am not a fan of AJ Fernandez and probably never will be.
    Jason,

First off, I will say that I've liked only about half of the AJ brands I've smoked. Let's set aside construction/reliability/pricing, etc. because and only talk flavors for a minute...

IMO, a couple were great flavor wise and I'd buy them by the box (AM Recon, SL Habano, MOW 52C), a couple I would never buy again (LHC Core, G2 Turbo) but most were decent and landed square in the middle (5V, SL Oval, Nica Libre).

So I guess where I'm going with this is ---- is there anything specific, flavor wise, you don't like about AJ sticks - i.e. too spicy, too earthy, too woody, etc.??

And on a side note, good for you on refining your palate and getting a sense of what you like and dislike in a cigar - and if you know you don't like AJ then more power to you for being able to figure that out. And I know there's plenty of guys here who have other specific brands they dislike and won't buy as well (cough cough Gurkha, VS)
    PM to you!
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    I want to thank You, I'm not one to take the word of another, I like to try all the sticks out myself, what bothers me is that the AJ name is responsible for rolling many of our premium smokes, so when I see the seconds and our factory rejects bundled for a low price for the customers like myself to be able to enjoy a premium cigar at a low price, it bothers me, they are not going to be anywhere near the premiums we smoke, I always feel these cigars like the AJ fernandez FRESH ROLLED are left over scraps, I AGREE SMOKINDADDY
  • Options
    Personally I love the AJ fresh ROLLED Maduro. It is an AMAZING cigar and ANDY hooks me up
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Pete and DPG collaborate on all tat stuff. i like DPG but tats on the whole never impressed me. individual stuff, yes. the brand, no.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if there was a NUB size AF Curly Head. Now that would SUCK!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    catfishbluezz:
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Pete and DPG collaborate on all tat stuff. i like DPG but tats on the whole never impressed me. individual stuff, yes. the brand, no.
    I was never to impressed with tats either until I recently had a black lancero and the mini monster r very very well constructed smokes. Rigth now Wolfe is my favorite. I can't describe the box press very original maybe they been listening I'm a believer now.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    NOT if AJ BLENDED it....because apparently AJ can blend anything
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    He'll probably just make a maduro out of it. A 4 x 60 curly head maddy........Omg BARF
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    He'll probably just make a maduro out of it. A 4 x 60 curly head maddy........Omg BARF
    Im finding this thread becoming more and more offensive and I must say I am truly dissapointed by many of your comments, I would respectfully ask that "you" discontinue this bashing.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    danielzreyes:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    Im finding this thread becoming more and more offensive and I must say I am truly dissapointed by many of your comments, I would respectfully ask that "you" discontinue this bashing.
    I didn't intend to offend any botls with my comments. Just being silly here. I'm an AJ fan myself. I'll admit that I'm bashing on the Curly head
  • Options
    The Kid:
    danielzreyes:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    Dude, seriously!!
  • Options
    Sorry if I offended anyone, not sure if I did... I'm the meantime, I'll smoke another personal favorite image
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    The Kid:
    danielzreyes:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    I didn't intend to offend any botls with my comments. Just being silly here. I'm an AJ fan myself. I'll admit that I'm bashing on the Curly head
    And nubs bro... I don't like nubs, but I love me some shortys