Home Ratings & Reviews

AJ Blends Just Suck

Comments

• Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Well now that I have calmed down about it and am ready to reply I will admit this post has opened my eyes to try other blends. I will agree with smokingdaddy that some of aj more expensive blends ie armada and the new diesel did not wow me haven't had the armada corona yet. I will say the core and ave Maria conq were amazing and I love them.. With my purchase of the little monsters I have been really enjoying DPG and JDN and have a htf padron from bandy that I will enjoy soon which will be my first padron that is not the original. I can see why aj blends don't appeal to everyone and that initial spice that is in all his blends that I love I can see others not enjoying it. Ian open to trading one day and I promise to not send any aj sticks maybe lol. On a side note I can't trash any of your smokes they all look pretty good even the ones I don't like since you enjoy them I respect it. My nature is to talk a lot of trash so I hope it was not taken personal cause it was not ment that way. I will say in meeting aj for a brief period at cigar fest he seemed very humble and extremely nice compared to other famous people thati have met.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Let's all grab a cigar we personally enjoy and light up, have a great weekend y'all
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    F U
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    F U
    Necro-FU. This just got more awesome. :)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was awesome. I think AJ has blended 842 cigars since this thread was first created. Go AJ go!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 AJ rocks!
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Heard AJ's releasing a new Man o War side project called "Forum Warrior".
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I read through this again and it still makes me giggle. I like aj, but ha has put out several that I don't like just like any other blender ( except for the victor Sinclairs.... I hate all of those things.)
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    F U
    Tell us how you really feel.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Cinco Vegas Gold in the light wrappers.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Not sure how that never made in this thread lol.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have time to read this whole thread. What I did read was stupid. Taste is subjective. If you don't like it, then don't buy it.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    I don't have time to read this whole thread. What I did read was stupid. Taste is subjective. If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

Well Charlie I hope you like what I send you because you won the contest. Be at least a week, none of my orders have come in.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Cigar-695492Cigar-695492 Posts: 1
    You dudes sure whine a lot. Smoke what you like.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, your a few years late to the party...
    He's a necromancer.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

Dude, your a few years late to the party...
    He's a necromancer.
    So it’s not DRZ
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that A.J. has a few more blends out...like a 100 or so, this is a good thread to bring back. Tastes do change after awhile. Some of his older blends I don't care for as much as I once did. I still have a full box of Ruination and PA's from a few years ago that I probably won't smoke. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with this old thread, but AJ sticks normally have great construction. Not my go-to stick, but I enjoy some of their sticks. The Fallen Angel is a go-to yard-gar.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to blending, AJF is the man. One of my recent favorite AJ blends is the "Viva la Vida" from Artesano del Tobacco. It's a store only cigar and it first started rolling out on the East Coast. Definitely worth picking one up.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enlighten us, oh wise one, but first put in your teeth.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    @Poker_Slob
    Long time, good to see someone I remember around.  Sure there’s others around.  However, I can accommodate your aged Ruinations.  PM what you’d like in return.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Rick!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent a PM your way Rick. 
  • TpitmanTpitman Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I had a New World Sumatra and an AJ Hoya - liked the Hoya but NOT the Sumtra. IT was TERRIBLE!!! IMHO! 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tpitman said:
    I had a New World Sumatra and an AJ Hoya - liked the Hoya but NOT the Sumtra. IT was TERRIBLE!!! IMHO! 
    New World Sumatra?
    AJ doesn't even list a New World Sumatra on their site and the only place I find a New World listed with a Sumatra wrapper is JR's.
    So it may be an exclusive to JR.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Tpitman said:
    New World Sumatra?
    AJ doesn't even list a New World Sumatra on their site and the only place I find a New World listed with a Sumatra wrapper is JR's.
    So it may be an exclusive to JR.

I saw something about it a week or two ago but honestly didn’t pay it much attention. 
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That smoke on JR doesn't look like a Sumatra wrapper, though I know the pics can be generic sometimes. Still, it's only called a Sumatra in the narrative description... Almost looks like a misprint...
    Don't look ↑
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tpitman said:
    Not sticking up for AJ... I like some of his stuff, but find them generally merely adequate...  

How many of the "New World Sumatra" cigars have you smoked?  If that was the only one, maybe you just got a dud.  It happens.  How did you determine that it was a sucky cigar and not just outside your wheelhouse?  
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis