Stafford vs. the World Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Noooooo! How is this happening?
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    SleevePlz:
    Well, well, well. Look what we have here. You know what they say, the cream always rises to the top! Lol, I figure I should toss in some trash talk to see if I can jinx this in the last month. Good luck overcoming Stafford in the next couple weeks everybody.
    Oh Plz,, we all know his lead aint gonna last, Speakin of last isnt that where they are in their division ????Hmmmmm?????
    I have to admit. The Lions suck this year, but at least this has given me something to look forward to.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:
    Noooooo! How is this happening?
    My horse was almost keeping pace until he was sidelined for a couple of weeks with an injury. It's pretty much a lost cause for me now!
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Four yards... c'mon mane.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    The Kid:
    SleevePlz:
    Well, well, well. Look what we have here. You know what they say, the cream always rises to the top! Lol, I figure I should toss in some trash talk to see if I can jinx this in the last month. Good luck overcoming Stafford in the next couple weeks everybody.
    Oh Plz,, we all know his lead aint gonna last, Speakin of last isnt that where they are in their division ????Hmmmmm?????
    I have to admit. The Lions suck this year, but at least this has given me something to look forward to.
    Ummm just my .02 but the lions suck every year lol that's why they are my second favorite team!! Always go with the under dog!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Just sux cause the lions are always down and have to air it out to play catch up. So I dont see that changing the rest of the year...lol.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Just sux cause the lions are always down and have to air it out to play catch up. So I dont see that changing the rest of the year...lol.
    Very sad, but very true.
  • Options
    12 games down (except for Eli, I'll update tomorrow) and still a slim lead. I won't be satisfied with anything other than a clean sweep. Man, the 172 yards that Shaun Hill put up when Stafford got hurt earlier this year would make me feel much more comfortable right now.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    12 games down (except for Eli, I'll update tomorrow) and still a slim lead. I won't be satisfied with anything other than a clean sweep. Man, the 172 yards that Shaun Hill put up when Stafford got hurt earlier this year would make me feel much more comfortable right now.
    oh ya had to bring that up,,,lol,,, Its amazing that a guy could throw for so many yards and they not be doing better than they are, I have to say i am surprised by his stats,,,but then again the Saints arent doin that swell either,,4 more games to go
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Can I just have your addy now? I picked terrible, last year I might be winning but oh well
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    SleevePlz:
    Can I just have your addy now? I picked terrible, last year I might be winning but oh well
    I would say yes, but there is the possibility of Stafford getting injured and missing the last 4 games. So anything could happen still.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    SleevePlz:
    oh ya had to bring that up,,,lol,,, Its amazing that a guy could throw for so many yards and they not be doing better than they are, I have to say i am surprised by his stats,,,but then again the Saints arent doin that swell either,,4 more games to go
    Thats the thing, they are always playing catch up or their D is not doing well where they play a shoot out, but yes that record is bad this year.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Hayblet:
    SleevePlz:
    I would say yes, but there is the possibility of Stafford getting injured and missing the last 4 games. So anything could happen still.
    I'm 800 yards down and I picked the Panthers QB... did you not know they are known as the Cardiac Cats?
  • Options
    Rain sleet and snow,, how will this affect Stafford,,we shall see,,we shall see.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Rain sleet and snow,, how will this affect Stafford,,we shall see,,we shall see.

They have ZERO running game and he will sling it about 45-50 times. I think it wont be an issue at all. When you are always in a shoot out or behind passing is not an issue.
  • Options
    Vision:
    The Kid:

They have ZERO running game and he will sling it about 45-50 times. I think it wont be an issue at all. When you are always in a shoot out or behind passing is not an issue.
    I disagree, Leshoure and Bell arent bad and they had over a hundred yards in the first half. The weather obviously affected stafford when he fumbled the ball. and he only threw for 264 yrds, low by his standards
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeUNshoure is what.... 25th over all rushing. They have no running game. RG3 has more rushing yards then Leshoure.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Vision:
    The Kid:

I disagree, Leshoure and Bell arent bad and they had over a hundred yards in the first half. The weather obviously affected stafford when he fumbled the ball. and he only threw for 264 yrds, low by his standards
    Yeah, the Lions running game is pretty average this year. They average over 100 yds/game. Considering they have Megatron to throw it too, they would be dumb not to utilize their passing game. It is their strength.
  • Options
    Vision:
    LeUNshoure is what.... 25th over all rushing. They have no running game. RG3 has more rushing yards then Leshoure.
    LOL,, RGIII has more running yards than most backs the dude is a beast. As far as Leshoure goes, 1st off he missed the first two games due to suspension and second he's not an every down back, he shares duty with Bell and I wouldnt classify 100 yards in the first half as a "zero " running game. But this wasnt about Detroits running game it was about whether the weather would affect or limit Staffords passing ability or at least Detroits play calling and it did. If you were watching the same game I was, the Lions ran the ball quite a bit in the first half and Stafford lost the ball due to the ball being wet and the fumble resulted in 7 for GB and put the packers right back in the game. During the second half when the weather let up a bit and due to Detroit falling behind they do what they do best and aired it out. Before the last drive by Detroit, Stafford was only at 206 yrds (low) and in the last drive he gained 56 more yards by GB dropping back in pass coverage and giving him all the time in the world. GB isnt known for their secondary and I bet if that game was replayed under different weather conditions the outcome would of been much different. Maybe not a win but Stafford would of had more passing yards. Some excellent catches during that game!
    But I digress,,lol

Its too close for me Tony!! Brees may be up, but not by enough. Doesnt look like Detroit will have to deal with those conditions again.. I like the Saints schedule over the Lions for the next three games, However the Det vs Ari game is an unknown. Ari could either lay down the rest of the season after that shellacking they took from Sea or they can be on a mission to regain some pride.. Gonna be a game to watch.
  • Options
    Pats being down 31-3 gave me some life! Should be a good finish!
  • Options
    This should be a really close one for the top 4-5 guys. I personally won't be happy with anything other than a clean sweep!
  • Options
    Have a feeling tonight is gonna be a shootout
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    The Kid:
    Looking forward to it!
    I swear Stafford gets half of his total yards per game in the last 5 minutes..frustrating
  • Options
    The Kid:
    SleevePlz:
    The Kid:
    Looking forward to it!
    I swear Stafford gets half of his total yards per game in the last 5 minutes..frustrating
    443 yds,,, I think thats gonna seal it,, Congrats Tony
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megatron!!!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stafford and Johnson are great, but they ain't got nothing for my Falcons!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    The Kid:
    The Kid:
    SleevePlz:
    The Kid:
    Looking forward to it!
    443 yds,,, I think thats gonna seal it,, Congrats Tony
    There is still one more week plus all the games today. It's not like all these guys can't have equally big games. That said, I'm feeling better about my chances.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Kid not out...DB 404 yds and headed to overtime!:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Romo put up 400+