Home General Discussion

California Herf!!!

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    bandyt09:
    All packed up and on my way. Looking forward to seeing Leonard in a speed-o..............NOT, lol jkjkjk
    Wait is that a joke that you are looking forward to him in the speedo or a joke that you're not looking forward to it? I think it's the second......lol
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    bandyt09:
    All packed up and on my way. Looking forward to seeing Leonard in a speed-o..............NOT, lol jkjkjk
    Wait is that a joke that you are looking forward to him in the speedo or a joke that you're not looking forward to it? I think it's the second......lol
    That meeting may be tense.
    One God, One Truth
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another epic SoCal herf. Went from noon to midnight. Thankfully Leonard did not wear the speed-o but Joe did make his phenominal Mojitos. Jason graciously hosted a wonderful party with grilled chicken and carne asada and Joe made up an awesome chipotle with black bean dip that paired fantastically with the meat. Multiple bottles of rum were flowing all day long along with some Mexican Moonshine and some Jameson Distillery Reserve 12 yr old Irish Whiskey. Really couldn't have asked for a better day to spend with some great quality BOTL's.

Any of you out there ever make it to SoCal drop one of us a PM and we would to show you a great way to herf..........................
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yeah, the barbecues at Jason's house are awesome. Sorry I missed it, but I'm glad you guys had a great time.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Posts: 298
    I'm heading to Olde Towne in Temecula tomorrow at 1 PM (Wednesday July 6) to enjoy the weather and a bunch of sticks. Kevin is coming down from Riverside as well.

The more folks the merrier, so feel free to join me for some burrito's and smokes until you're done.
    We'll probably be around at least until the shoppe closes (7 pm).

• nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Sounds like I missed another awesome Herf!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've been talking with Todd about doing another herf at his house in Lake Forrest. 8/20 is a day that works for him and we will likely be seeing brotheradam there too. Who's on board?

And if you need extra incentive...I'm planning on smoking a couple pork butts and making pulled pork, you don't want to miss that.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Damn straight I'm in . Can't wait to see you guys.
    j0z3r:
    I've been talking with Todd about doing another herf at his house in Lake Forrest. 8/20 is a day that works for him and we will likely be seeing brotheradam there too. Who's on board?

And if you need extra incentive...I'm planning on smoking a couple pork butts and making pulled pork, you don't want to miss that.

I'll be there as I am definately a butt man................Mmmmm, I mean PORK butt, LOL.

In addition to the pulled pork there are now currently 17 cigars in the little 20 count..........

Sorry Todd, you're not invited...just leave the door unlocked and stock the beer fridge, we'll clean up when we're done. Lololol jkjk
    j0z3r:
    Sorry Todd, you're not invited...just leave the door unlocked and stock the beer fridge, we'll clean up when we're done. Lololol jkjk

Damn, I remember when I was part of the cool group. And just to show I am not offended, I'll make sure I put the rum collection out on a table for you guys along with the 12 Yr Jamison Distillery Reserve, just for you Joe. What time do you guys plan on leaving so I know when to come home and not to interupt your fun? Nevermind, I'll just get a room at the Red Roof Inn..........

I *should* be able to make that. I'll be done with my summer class by then, and most of our plans for doing stuff are in the earlier part of the month, so it looks good as of now.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Don't think I'm going to make it, I'll be packing and leaving to TX around the 22nd.
    That's 2 days after the herf Garen, hike up your panties and get on out there.Wink [;)]
    j0z3r:
    That's 2 days after the herf Garen, hike up your panties and get on out there.Wink [;)]

Yeah, what he said. Just make sure that you don't pack all your clothes as you are required to wear a shirt, shorts and "shoes" or no BUTT for you..................

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok dumb question. What is a herf? A group of guys getting together to smoke cigars,shoot the bull and trade?
    Rhamlin:
    Ok dumb question. What is a herf? A group of guys getting together to smoke cigars,shoot the bull and trade?
    Pretty much. Good food, good cigars and good friends.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    j0z3r:
    Rhamlin:
    Pretty much. Good food, good cigars and good friends.
    And the So Cal Herfs are the best !
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    8/20...sounds good to me. Count me in. Is everyone bringing something?
    Garen B:
    Don't think I'm going to make it, I'll be packing and leaving to TX around the 22nd.
    All the more reason to come. How much stuff do you really have to pack?
    jr_p951:
    Probably not everyone. We'll need chips and drinks though, and can divvy that among a few people, one of which won't be named Todd as the host doesn't get to supply anything this time.
    j0z3r:
    jr_p951:
    Probably not everyone. We'll need chips and drinks though, and can divvy that among a few people, one of which won't be named Todd as the host doesn't get to supply anything this time.

Does this I am invited again? Well, I will supply rum and drinks whether you like it of not
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    jr_p951:

Does this I am invited again? Well, I will supply rum and drinks whether you like it of not
    Yeah, you're back in...I couldn't keep you out with those puppy dog eyes...and when you threatened to hold my La Verites hostage...well, ya know. Big Smile [:D]
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    jr_p951:

Yeah, you're back in...I couldn't keep you out with those puppy dog eyes...and when you threatened to hold my La Verites hostage...well, ya know. Big Smile [:D]
    Damn, you remembered about those. I already smoked 6 out of that 10 count box, otherwise I couldn't get them all in the 20 count............

bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    jr_p951:

Damn, you remembered about those. I already smoked 6 out of that 10 count box, otherwise I couldn't get them all in the 20 count............

Well ain't that a b*tch.
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    jr_p951:

Well ain't that a b*tch.
    Not for me it ain't, LOL. JKJKJK I got your La Verites right here, and your little dog Jaime too................
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    jr_p951:

Well ain't that a b*tch.
    Not for me it ain't, LOL. JKJKJK I got your La Verites right here, and your little dog Jaime too................
    Very good sir. No idea on the ETA of those culebras, but I should have the petit lanceros tomorrow. You free Sat or Sun?
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    jr_p951:

Well ain't that a b*tch.
    Very good sir. No idea on the ETA of those culebras, but I should have the petit lanceros tomorrow. You free Sat or Sun?

I do believe Sunday is a good day for me. Saturday is my 5 year old's birthday party.

bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    jr_p951:

Well ain't that a b*tch.

I do believe Sunday is a good day for me. Saturday is my 5 year old's birthday party.

Oh sweet, I'll be there for free food and cake. Do you guys have a piñata to celebrate her Mexican heritage? lolol jkjk (so not jkjk, cake!!!)

All jk-ing aside, Sunday is a good day for me as I'm smoking a pork butt Sat. I could do with a little road trip, and I'd love to check out the Tobacco Barn.