Home General Discussion
Options

California Herf!!!

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Do any of you guys like Laphroig 10 year? I bought a bottle to try and I'm just not into it. So if there is anyone coming to the herf that likes it, I'd be happy to pass it along, the bottle is shy of full by about one ounce.
    I've had the 16, and really liked it, but never had the 10.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, definite no go for me. Wife is too sick. Smoke an extra stick me brothers.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Well, definite no go for me. Wife is too sick. Smoke an extra stick me brothers.
    Sorry to hear that bro. Take care of family first, there will be another herf, in fact, it will be next month at that "Cheap Bastards" place probably.
  • Options
    I'm packing up cigars.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm up and showered, the two biggest hurdles for me. Now I just need a caffeine injection.
  • Options
    Coffee has been consumed. Cinnamon rolls violated. Firecrackers loaded. I'm on my way.

• Options
    After that long drive I am already hear and I didn't jump into the shower until 10:30. Looking forward to seeing you all.
  • Options
    Damn, gonna miss another one :( Haven't been down lately, but hope to soon. Have a great herf guys.
  • Options
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    Whohouse?
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Russ55:
    Whohouse?
    Wow. I missed that too???
  • Options
    That was a ridiculous meal...I don't think I'm going to eat for a week after that.
  • Options
    Russ55:

OMG, I think I am only about 50% recovered from the meat coma that this induced yesterday. Once again, an outstanding herf with some of the great SoCal BOTLs on the forum. It was pretty much a 12 hour herf that included lunch. Great conversation and the amazing cigars that were being handed out was just unbelieveable.

If anyone from outside the Socal area, or those that have not made it to one of these herfs (the SoCal herf is the longest running MONTHLY herf on Cigar.com at close to 2 1/2 years) are in the SoCal Inland Empire or Orange County area, you would be doing yourself a diservice by not getting together with these guys.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    If it wasn't for fear of the USPS's postal goons trying to take me out I'd plan a trip to Cali .
  • Options
    Randall, I don't know what you did to the USPS (California Branch) to be treated the way you do, but I would suggest FedEx'ng yourself out here so that you may arrive undetected.........
  • Options
    This was perhaps the best herf yet for me since i started beginning of last year. As Todd said, good people, great conversation, fantastic cigars. SoCal BOTLS are insane...raving MAD I tell you; I tried to pass around 12 or so sticks that were all in the top 15 of Cigar Journal's top 25 of 2011 list and by the time my herf-a-dor got back to me it HAD MORE STICKS IN IT THAN WHEN I PASSED IT AROUND.
    You...BASTARDS!

Todd was an awesome host... great lounge, wonderful home, awesome meal.

Besides being sent packing with a host of great cigars from BOTLS, here's a sampling of sticks I was FORCED to buy from the lounge:

Thanks for a great herf guys!

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Aaron, you also had the Cuban that Joe handed out! It was good to hear the different group review of the same Cuban cigar. Your reviews made me want to light-up mine but I held out...barely.

Good times yesterday!!! The cigars I enjoyed were the Tat Black, Tat Cojonu '06(from Todd), DPG Blue, and My Father Le Bijou. I brought home the Cuban from Joe, and La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor from Aaron. I held out from buying the MF Lounge Exclusive...now I'll have to visit Todd again!

The food was 5 Porter House Steaks, grilled to perfection! The sausages were Andouille, 3 Pepper, Linguia, and Goat Milk Cheese. That goat milk cheese sausage has been my personal fav! The baked/grilled stuffed potatoes were also fantastic! A couple guys enjoyed beers such as a Porter or Ales. I had a Blue Moon Gran Cru that was a heck a beer! Todd had the hosting down to a science.

The My Father lounge is my fav lounge! Its 2 lounges acutally. A quiet room for reading or laptop work and the large, more interactive, room. The cigar selection is awesome. The atmosphere is laid back and always relaxing. You can chill with a cigar or play shuffle board, billards or darts. Watch the game on their huge projection screen or one of the many hanging flat screens. During the day it was really chill but when the evening came a few more people showed up. The hospitality/comradery is always welcoming and friendly. Top notch customer service. Yea, I'm kinda jealous of Todd's lounge. Temecula is doing it all wrong!

If your in SoCal or in driving distance of the SoCal Herf...you gotta get out and spend the day with us! You'll be happy you did!
  • Options
    jr_p951:
    Aaron, you also had the Cuban that Joe handed out! It was good to hear the different group review of the same Cuban cigar. Your reviews made me want to light-up mine but I held out...barely.

Good times yesterday!!! The cigars I enjoyed were the Tat Black, Tat Cojonu '06(from Todd), DPG Blue, and My Father Le Bijou. I brought home the Cuban from Joe, and La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor from Aaron. I held out from buying the MF Lounge Exclusive...now I'll have to visit Todd again!

The food was 5 Porter House Steaks, grilled to perfection! The sausages were Andouille, 3 Pepper, Linguia, and Goat Milk Cheese. That goat milk cheese sausage has been my personal fav! The baked/grilled stuffed potatoes were also fantastic! A couple guys enjoyed beers such as a Porter or Ales. I had a Blue Moon Gran Cru that was a heck a beer! Todd had the hosting down to a science.

The My Father lounge is my fav lounge! Its 2 lounges acutally. A quiet room for reading or laptop work and the large, more interactive, room. The cigar selection is awesome. The atmosphere is laid back and always relaxing. You can chill with a cigar or play shuffle board, billards or darts. Watch the game on their huge projection screen or one of the many hanging flat screens. During the day it was really chill but when the evening came a few more people showed up. The hospitality/comradery is always welcoming and friendly. Top notch customer service. Yea, I'm kinda jealous of Todd's lounge. Temecula is doing it all wrong!

If your in SoCal or in driving distance of the SoCal Herf...you gotta get out and spend the day with us! You'll be happy you did!
    Todd is bandyt09 right? Does he own or work there?
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jr_p951:

He pretty much lives there... Mad that missed this one.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    ... Mad that missed this one.
    Isaac, you weren't there physically but because of this: lcpleel:Whohouse?you, my friend, were there in spirit.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Daniel, I don't own nor work there but I am a lounge member and it is practically in my backyard. Since I can't smoke right now and didn't want to lose my locker there, I have kept my membership in hopes that my SoCal brothers can use the lounge until I get back to smoking so it really doesn't fell like I am wasting my $$$$.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    danielzreyes:
    Daniel, I don't own nor work there but I am a lounge member and it is practically in my backyard. Since I can't smoke right now and didn't want to lose my locker there, I have kept my membership in hopes that my SoCal brothers can use the lounge until I get back to smoking so it really doesn't fell like I am wasting my $$$$.
    I see. Very kind of you. Now may I ask why can't you smoke?
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    bandyt09:
    danielzreyes:
    I see. Very kind of you. Now may I ask why can't you smoke?
    I am in the midst of some extensive oral surgery. However, what helps me when I am at the point of breaking because I haven't had a cigar December 6th, is to get to the lounge and at least smell some of the smoke and the great cigar related conversation. That and a couple of fingers of rum, LOL.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Nice of you to help out other BOTL by sharing your membership, I hope the surgeries go well for you Todd
  • Options
    It was a great time. I always try to make the herfs regardless of where they're at, but I think I am going to try harder to make these. It's nice being in a place where you actually feel welcome. Thanks again to Todd for being such a generous host. Being able to do that on the fly was quite impressive.
  • Options
    Hey Tod, Sorry I could not make it down to Tabacco Barn, I can see everyone liked it quite well. Hope your mouth is getting better and a lot of courage not to light up till you are better. I don't get on here much, but glad you guys had a stellar time. Later.
  • Options
    DoubleToro:
    Hey Tod, Sorry I could not make it down to Tabacco Barn, I can see everyone liked it quite well. Hope your mouth is getting better and a lot of courage not to light up till you are better. I don't get on here much, but glad you guys had a stellar time. Later.
    Let me know when the next time you can make it down brother.
  • Options
    Why don't we shoot for another herf pretty soon? Any objections to next Saturday in Temecula? March 3rd I think it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    j0z3r:
    Why don't we shoot for another herf pretty soon? Any objections to next Saturday in Temecula? March 3rd I think it is.
    I can make that and would like to stop by if that's cool.
  • Options
    The more the merrier James.