Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Nothing fancy for me lately... just lots of Jim Beam and a little Blue Moon Belgian white ale.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Nothing fancy for me lately... just lots of Jim Beam and a little Blue Moon Belgian white ale.
    Do you enjoy the Blue Moon Winter Abbey?? Thats my ish right there!
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    This....

• Options
    Ok, i'll try again. Gotta do this more often... This:

• Options
    last try, then i'm done...

• Options
    This is embarrassing...

• Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    BigT06:
    Yes. Love it with a strong maddy like a Diesel UC or Camacho tripple. But I really like the Belian white with a stout habano wrapped cigar.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    smoke em if you got em:
    BigT06:
    Yes. Love it with a strong maddy like a Diesel UC or Camacho tripple. But I really like the Belian white with a stout habano wrapped cigar.
    i can dig it brother
  • Options
    I drank a 1000ml of Jim Beam, then a few pours of my wife's Seagram's 7, then a few Blue Moon's... I think I may have a problem lol.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    I drank a 1000ml of Jim Beam, then a few pours of my wife's Seagram's 7, then a few Blue Moon's... I think I may have a problem lol.
    WOW...errrrthing ok??
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    BigT06:
    WOW...errrrthing ok??
    Been a pretty rough week... lol.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sand man port following some black crown.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I got a Visa gift card today for participating in a research study at work. I went to my bank to deposit it, but I couldn't. They told me many stores won't take it, but PA liquor stores and Wawas do. Now I enjoy a nice sandwich as much as the next guy, but the desire to finally get a decent scotch prevailed. So I picked up a bottle of Johnny Walker Black. I'm more familiar with my irish whiskeys, Jameson and Tullamore Dew being my favs. I have Dewar's and Johnny Red, which are O.K. if I'm in the mood for something beyond the whiskey, but this Johnny Black was a noticeable step up from them. Goes for about $70 for 1.75L in PA whereas Johnny red is about half as much. Well worth it though. I was immediately impressed with how smooth it was but remained more "Challenging" (for lack of a better word) than the irish whiskeys. Really digging this. I had one drink on the rocks then I made a Godfather which is 1.5 oz of Scotch and .75 oz of amaretto. So Johnny Black and Dissarono made a wonderful little cocktail to go with my Rocky Patel Vintage 1990.
  • Options
    To those that suggested Four Roses Small Batch-THANK YOU!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bells Two Hearted Ale and Founders Pale Ale. Sunday beer is the best!
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    My favorite mixed drink... 5 ice cubes and 5 fingers of Wild Turkey... yummy
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Few bottles of champagne and sparkling wine earlier with the in-laws and sipping a glass of Laphroaig Triple Wood right now.

Yesterday, hung out with a few friends at a local shop and went through some beers and a cider - can't remember the cider and don't want to walk downstairs to the cellar to find out but a few of the beers: Cigar City Brewing Bourbon Barrel Aged Big Sound, Smutty Nose Durty, Lost Abbey Judgement Day, Firestone DDBA and a Goose Island Bourbon County 2012. Good times.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting with a Boone Brewing Co --- blowing rock high country ale
    watchin the OU v Akron bball game. Go CATS!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drinking some Santa Ema Reserve Merlot 2009 with dinner with the wife, she only gets half a glass , so rest is mine.
  • Options
    New Albion ale for the 2nd half...
    come on OU, pick up the pace guys!!!

• Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Little early for alcohol ... so fresh roasted / ground kookie koffee ... local shop roasts it in house... picked. Up a pound yesterday.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Kirkland brand IPA. Pleasantly suprised!
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    Laphroaig 10 Year. Just picked up a bottle on sale at the local state store. My goodness this is a wonderful single malt. Lots of flavor though. Very smokey. There's also an herb quality I can't quite put my finger on. And there's also a hint of vanilla. Great scotch but some of the aficionados might be turned off that it's TOO flavorful with a cigar. I think there's no such thing :-)
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    3 Rolling Rocks and now we move to Ardbeg 10
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Tonight is going to be dangerous. We're hosting a stout tasting and here's the list so far:

What I'm bringing to the table:
    Smutty Imperial Stout (I think this is a 2010)
    Nepenthe Shire Stout (2012)
    Nebraska Black Betty (2011)
    ... Eel River Raven's Eye (2012)
    Wormtown Sweet Tats (2012)
    Skagit River Trumpeter Stout (2011)
    Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout (2011)
    Goose Island Night Stalker (2012 - may also break out 09 and 10)
    Marble Imperial Stout (2012)
    Surly Darkness (2012)
    Goose Island Bourbon County (or one of the BC Variants)

And a few guest beers that I know of so far:
    Clown Shoes Mexican Sombrero Chocolate Stout
    Enlightenment Ales Cosmos Export Stout (Batch 3)
    Idle Hands Absence of Light Belgian Style Stout (Dec 2012)

My buddy and his friend are also going to be bringing a few heavy hitters (heard a Black Tuesday is among them). I'll post pics and info in the beer section tomorrow.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Some of Guatemala's finest. Yep, that's a fresh pot of Maxwell House in the background. Pretentious, maybe, but I like my French Press...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    French press every morning! The best way to get that coffee into your veins! Love it!
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Some of Guatemala's finest. Yep, that's a fresh pot of Maxwell House in the background. Pretentious, maybe, but I like my French Press...

Bigshizza:
    French press every morning! The best way to get that coffee into your veins! Love it!
    VERY NICE, Dan!!! Lookin' good ...(well except for the drip maxwell house, LOL).
    You fellas ever try the pour-over method --- either a Chemex or Hario?

Drinkin' a blend we picked up in "Amish country" a couple weekends ago, not too sure what region it's from but it's smooth and good.

• Options
    jgibv:
    Toombes:

Bigshizza:
    VERY NICE, Dan!!! Lookin' good ...(well except for the drip maxwell house, LOL).
    You fellas ever try the pour-over method --- either a Chemex or Hario?

Drinkin' a blend we picked up in "Amish country" a couple weekends ago, not too sure what region it's from but it's smooth and good.

Can't say I've tried that method, John. I'll have to give it a try. My next venture is to dig up a few blends from around the country/world and possibly do a small review on each.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:

True dat, Shizza!