Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Off-topic, but good god man, did you say reuben pizza? I thought baked ziti pizza was good, that sounds incredible!
    It is. They start with a rye crust, use a 1000 island like sauce instead of regular pizza sauce, fill with sauerkraut and housemade corned beef, and top with a swiss and parmesan blend.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Valdemar Inspiracion Maturana 2005 Rioja - Pours a deep, inky, purple with tinges of maroon around the edges.

On the nose, this wine brings forward fresh, ripe, dark fruit, earth, leather and mineral notes.

The palate opens up with plum, black cherry, char and iron. Alcohol heat is present but not overbearing. Acid structure is in wonderful balance and the tannins are gripping yet balanced. The finish is spice, mineral and earth.

Given the structure of this wine, I'd expect to get another 5 years out of this bottle at an absolute minimum. This absolutely has not reached its peak, though is incredibly drinkable now.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed a little Rowans Creek bourbon with fresh apple cider.....mmm. Tastes like fall, delish.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Making some Apple pie for shots.......very nice
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Making some Apple pie for shots.......very nice
    SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!!!!

• Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Rum and coke
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Sam Adams Oktoberfest :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Sam Adams Oktoberfest :-) :-)
    And Zaya? Man I needs to get me some of that... Hope you had a great B-Day!!
  • Options
    ShizzsisShizzsis Posts: 263
    Crown royal reserve on the rocks AND a Pinot with dinner
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Pendleton 1910 12-year aged Canadian Rye.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 mugs of coffee
    1 big ice tea
    1 glass cranberry juice
    enough water to get the pills down
    dreamed about Glenmorangie
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    homemade apple pie moonshine. Goes great as a sipper on those brisk fall nights
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a bottle if Johnny black for repairing a humi...so yup that's what I'm drinking lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gentleman Jack. Neat. Mostly because it came with cool glasses. But I'd do really like it....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Blue Moon, Winter Abbey Ale.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    One cup of coffee and the rest of my day I only drink water.
    Why, you might ask?
    Simple, one day my father will need one of my kidneys and I prefer to keep them in tip top condition for him.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    You've already been tested for a match ? Well that's forward thinking. I'd give one up, but it will come "as is", Hey something is better than nothing. Egg Nog One of my favorite thing about the holidays.
  • Options
    A Manhattan. Or was it three?
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    You've already been tested for a match ? Well that's forward thinking. I'd give one up, but it will come "as is", Hey something is better than nothing. Egg Nog One of my favorite thing about the holidays.

:-)
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Believe I'll have a Woodford Reserve Manhatten (or 3) tonight!
  • Options
    gripnrip:
    Echambers:
    Mmm....sounds good
    Now I'm in the mood for one .... I might have to make up one (or 3) later as well!

• Options
    jgibv:
    gripnrip:
    Echambers:
    Mmm....sounds good
    Now I'm in the mood for one .... I might have to make up one (or 3) later as well!
    You could do worse...
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Drinkin a BUNCH of crown royal maple
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Johnny Walker Black. A great finish to the day.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    A Deschutes Brewery Twilight Ale, and now I'm moving into the Bushmills 16-yo.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    No tasting notes but I was tasked with bringing beer/wine to my parents' house for Thanksgiving dinner. Dogfish Head Kvasir went well with apps, 2007 Paul Autard Chateauneuf du Pape with dinner, Goose Island Big John with dessert and finally a 2012 Domaine Dupont Cidre Reserve. Gotta say, not a bad night.
  • Options
    Drank a schofferhofer for breakfast. Don't judge me! It had grapefruit in it so it must be a breakfast drinks right? And besides, I'm on vacation!
  • Options
    Trying to fight off a cold/sore throat....hot tea, bourbon, and a little honey

Picked up a sixer of Jackie-o's (new can release) hop ryot rye IPA the other day but haven't felt up to trying one yet...hoping to crack one this weekend if this cold/congestion goes away

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Founders Dirty ***... tasty tasty!
  • Options
    Yap..! I also like drinking