Home Non Cigar Related
Options

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I've been enjoying cranberry juice with vodka and squeeze of lime. For whatever reason, this just seems to be my "go-to" with a smoke this winter. It also takes the edge off shoveling inflicted pains after yesterday's storm.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVERYTHING!!! Lol ... Local saison Farmhouse ale.....oyo bourbon neat (delicious BTW)....some more "craft" beer... GET LIT SON http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xSAxR6BgW3I

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished off a small bottle of Quinta Ruban. Good, but not as good as just regular ol' Glenmorangie.....
  • Options
    GLBC XMAS ALE ON TAP!!!!!! WHAT WHAT?????!!!!!!!

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Scotch a lot , but to answer the question, today I had a few rolling rocks followed up with some Yellow Rose Bourbon. It's was great, but to my pallet not something that I can drink all night, yet it is smooth and tasty. Now I am drinking my usual scotch, tonight is the first night I've had to slow down and enjoy in a while, and I am doing just that. Great cigars and drink, loving life. O yea and I have tomorrow off, this is also a first in a long while.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Tried the Kirkland 7 year old bourbon that Curtis sent me in the Gang War. A really nice bourbon, a hint of vanilla and honey nose and just nice and smooth, made for a great pairing with the Fuente Don Carlos.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T'warn't booze today. I paired a mug of double-strength espresso with an Ave Maria Reconquista that had about three years rest on it. I quite enjoyed the combination....
  • Options
    been mixing a couple fingers of bourbon with homemade peach limeade for "dessert" this week .... pretty good stuff. nice refreshing after dinner drink

got some fresh new coffee beans in the mail this week for our "coffee of the month" shipment --- tanzanian peaberry full city roast --- not my favorite bean but it's roasted very nicely. been brewing that in the chemex in the mornings.

and finished off these (and then some) last saturday with the help of some friends.
    haven't drank like that in a while.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had way too much Jameson last night!!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    IPA Day
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Royln, Jameson's goes great with cranberry juice. You wouldn't think so but this is how they suggested and served it at the Jameson's factory when my buddy visited. Great for warm weather.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Royln, Jameson's goes great with cranberry juice. You wouldn't think so but this is how they suggested and served it at the Jameson's factory when my buddy visited. Great for warm weather.
    Will give it a shot! Thank you sir.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    V8 V-Fusion ENERGY Diet Cranberry/Raspberry
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    A wee dram of Talisker 10 while I cook dinner, then probably more or some cheap Canadian whiskey
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    The youngest son took the wife and me out to BJ's Brewhouse tonight for dinner, got to enjoy a nice Moroccan Spiced Salmon as well as I "over enjoyed" two pitchers of there Jeremiah Red amber ale MMmmm MMmmm MMmmm
  • Options
    Not nearly enough of these ..... where's the liquor? ..... (at the in laws) .....

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-Li Wrecking Ball, Spin Cycle, #9 ale.. Good stuff but not buzzed enough.. Damn
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I drank the 2 green and 1 white Buzz Ballz.............I think.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Not nearly enough of these ..... where's the liquor? ..... (at the in laws) .....

Rain can put down like 12 of them
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Trying to fight off a cold/sore throat....hot tea, bourbon, and a little honey

Picked up a sixer of Jackie-o's (new can release) hop ryot rye IPA the other day but haven't felt up to trying one yet...hoping to crack one this weekend if this cold/congestion goes away
    This is a bourbon I've been wanting to try.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    jgibv:

Redd's FTW.
  • Options
    Crooked Stave's Nightmare on Brett. Dark sour beer finished in Leopold Bros. Whiskey Barrels..... Tart cherry and vanilla sour bite up front then transitions to a balanced stout like finish with cacao, leather, oak and coffee. Couldn't decide at first if I liked it or not, by the end I had decided. Not something to drink often but VERY good if you're in the mood for a sour beer. At nearly $10/bottle I won't be doing it often though.

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Went out to lunch today and had a Founder's Breakfast Stout and then a Blizzard of Hops by Troegs. For tonight's festivities I got a couple bombers chillin': Stone's Stochasticity project master of disguise imperial golden stout and Victory Moving Parts: The Ever-Evolving IPA Batch No. 02.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    CBJ WIN

• Options
    Rain:
    rsherman24:
    jgibv:

Redd's FTW.
    Xmas with In laws sure would've been more bearable if I'd have had that many. Lol

90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:

Picked up a sixer of Jackie-o's (new can release) hop ryot rye IPA the other day but haven't felt up to trying one yet...hoping to crack one this weekend if this cold/congestion goes away
    Hey Brett, I really enjoyed the Rowan's creek & would drink it again. Great deal, especially for the price IMO. If you get a chance to try some go for it, they don't distribute to OH & my bottles long gone or else I'd send you some. Seems to get mixed reviews online though and I've heard that it's "hit or miss" depending on what batch you get, so if you got any concerns before buying maybe try & do a little background research on what batches are best,

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angostura Reserva Rum and Coke.

For a night cap it'll be some Rum Chata
  • Options
    jgibv:
    Rain:
    rsherman24:
    jgibv:

Redd's FTW.
    Xmas with In laws sure would've been more bearable if I'd have had that many. Lol

90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:

Hey Brett, I really enjoyed the Rowan's creek & would drink it again. Great deal, especially for the price IMO. If you get a chance to try some go for it, they don't distribute to OH & my bottles long gone or else I'd send you some. Seems to get mixed reviews online though and I've heard that it's "hit or miss" depending on what batch you get, so if you got any concerns before buying maybe try & do a little background research on what batches are best,
    Thanks for the heads up John, I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled but I'm cut off for a little while from any more purchases since I've picked up several bottles in the past week lol. By the time I can buy more maybe i can find this lol. On the hunt for the Rowan's Creek, Noah's Mill and Black Maple Hills bourbon.
  • Options
    Iceberg04Iceberg04 Posts: 64
    jgibv:

those aint bad...but like you said, you would have to drink a ton of them to get buzzed and they are too sweet
  • Options
    Iceberg04Iceberg04 Posts: 64
    jgibv:

those aint bad...but like you said, you would have to drink a ton of them to get buzzed and they are too sweet